Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Redblueyellow8

VIP Member
Dr Gregor Smith (depute chief medical officer for Scotland) did mention that he was concerned that people would be afraid to approach hospitals if they were feeling unwell, and reassured everyone that no matter the current situation, everyone should not feel they have to stay away if they have pains, bleeding, or other health ailments that were not usual. I wonder if people are actually doing that...staying away and trying to hope things get better on their own......
My dad has a issue that is really needing a doctor opinion / further investigation. That he has only finally told my mum about as he was becoming depressed more and more each day . Finally my mum got it out of him . 4/5 weeks he found a lump but only managed to tell my mum now. He is point blank refusing to go to the doctors or even phone because of the coronavirus, when he really should . He doesnt want to put himself at risk even though this is really important

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 18

Viewer1901

VIP Member
The thing with the clapping and everything else is for SOME people it’s not for the nhs. It’s for the Facebook likes. My sister said that friends were posting pictures of their mums in PPE for Facebook likes and asked mum to take a photo in hers next time she’s on a shift?! Mums not even on Facebook so entirely for likes for my sister.

Ive clapped every week but not once posted about it on my social media. Just like I’ve not overly mentioned mums job, or even the fact I’m still going in as a teacher anywhere else but anonymously on here. I don’t need a pat on the back or a few likes. I just want to keep doing what we’re doing and get through this 🤷🏼‍♀️

leoladyxo

VIP Member
My boyfriend went out to get my prescription this afternoon and returned with not just my prescription, but a bag of pasta!

I’ve never been so happy to see a bag of pasta in my life. 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart

KateESJ

VIP Member
No people will suffer longer if they can't feed their children, pay their bills and lose people. I am not in any way saying people are disposable. I'm just saying that this should have been handled better.
Eh. I’m struggling to feed my kids but I’d rather them be safe. I don’t want to lose another child.

Losing a child hurts a lot more than financial struggles.

• Sad

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
Yes they did, straight away

I want a full lockdown and police/army on the streets!!! Probably an unpopular opinion but I don’t care anymore, I’m sick of people just doing what the fuck they want!
I’m with you to be honest. I’m tired of following the rules, having my mental health suffer, not being able to take my kids anywhere and stuff only to have some people just not give a shit.

People just do not get that the longer they piss around the longer this whole thing’s going to go on for.

Peartree

Quick question as I know there's a few NHS workers on here...
Are nhs staff exempt from lockdown and social distancing rules when off duty?
We’re both NHS workers, I’ve been in ICU looking after covid ptns (full ppe and scrubbed after) hubbys a Dr and doesn’t know if ptns have covid or not also his ppe isn’t as good as mine.
In truth neither of wants to go anywhere but we have too, we’ve decided that as I have full ppe it’s safer if I go out.

I’m going food shopping Saturday morning for both us and my vulnerable parents, i get there early so I can get in and out, I take a list, I know the store layout so the list is in order and only touch what I’m buying. I’ll pop to the parents house after and wave at them through the window.
We have dogs so our daily exercise is walking them, we live in the country so can just pop up a hill and not see anyone
That’s it then.

KateESJ

VIP Member
Maybe because I've had it but my attitude has changed massively. I think the governments around the world have made the wrong call by locking down their citizens. They should have just let it burn through. The same amount of people are expected to die eventually anyway regardless of any measures the governments take. They should have let it be and accept what happens.
Letting it ‘burn through’ would’ve put tremendous strain on the NHS and the deaths would be a lot higher because the NHS couldn’t have coped.

Both coronavirus deaths and non-coronavirus deaths.

• Heart

KateESJ

VIP Member
Thank you guys 💓

She’s okay now, we went down into the back garden and had a play instead. Baking a cake this afternoon together which she’s excited for. She’s happy enough. ☺

The park are weird. Some are taped off but the one we usually go to isn’t completely so people are just going on anyway 🙄

• Heart

Noseybonk

VIP Member
Today has been an ‘angry’ day for me. Now I have recovered I am just feeling overwhelmed with the situation like I know we all are. This in turn is making me angry over the smallest things. Triggers have included - the guy over the road who has the worlds noisiest motorbike that he constantly revs and having rubbish for the bin outside and it’s already full. All petty shit I know but as I am just permanently on edge and worried, I am therefore tired and angry.

Dr Gregor Smith (depute chief medical officer for Scotland) did mention that he was concerned that people would be afraid to approach hospitals if they were feeling unwell, and reassured everyone that no matter the current situation, everyone should not feel they have to stay away if they have pains, bleeding, or other health ailments that were not usual. I wonder if people are actually doing that...staying away and trying to hope things get better on their own......
A lovely lady I knew in her 40's stayed away from hospital despite feeling very unwell thinking she would get over it... ended up dying last week due to not getting help. So sadly yes people are 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 17

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Not gonna be a popular opinion but I still think the Boris ICU stories were a PR spin 😬

I do think he’s on 1;1 observation.
But I don’t think he’s the normal ICU cases we hear about.

It’s definitely swung support in his favour. Even piers Morgan was slapping him on the back.

just my opinion and happy to be wrong 😬

• Heart

Mizzdee

Yes obv I miss my family and friends but yes the freedom is the worst. I keep have weird thoughts like 'I bet Tk maxx would have some lovely spring stuff in' :giggle:
I fooking love TK Maxx, I could spend hours raking through the stuff. Mind you, I can't be premenstrual when I visit otherwise I sweat my tits off and want to punch someone, it's set out like a jumble sale 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

Horatio

VIP Member
Here’s an uplifting story for us all from channel 4 news - 98, almost 99 year old woman catches COVID... and recovers!

• Heart

KateESJ

VIP Member
Just to follow up on my Auntie and not being able to order any food online for her... I emailed Iceland because it was showing as no slots available. I explained the situation and the next day, loads of available slots. But only for people over retirement age and vulnerable. 🎉🎉👌✌
They really need to prioritise those people!

Someone I have on Facebook posted that they’d booked a slot for delivery but were still going to Go into the shop so she could buy more (as they’re limiting quantity).

Just ridiculous. People who can (and do) go out to shop should save those delivery slots for people who literally can’t.

• Angry
  • Heart

Delia Smith

VIP Member
As an introvert I don't mind being inside a lot and enjoy my own company. My life hasn't changed hugely as I WFH mostly. I could quite happily watch documentaries all day and do online exercise but I don't have children so I know it's very different for families.
I can't imagine how hard it is for many, many others too.

coconochanel

VIP Member
I think I hit a wall today. Only a bit but today was my first bad day.

Started off great, washing in by7.30am. Then headed out to Aldi, queued for about 20 mins, no bother. But I did also need to go to Morrison’s which is literally across the road. So I did. And it took me an hour to get in. This was early on as well. I can only think it’s Easter weekend coming up and it’s been a couple of weeks since the lockdown so everyone’s running out of stuff.

And then because it took me an age to do the shopping I was all stressed because I could’ve got 2 loads of washing out and on the line by now and what about the bathrooms that I was going to do and then there’s the jobs on the lockdown list I’ve created, and my kids are still in their pjs and my eldest hasn’t even opened a window or left his room, and.........

And so I gave myself permission to do feck all for a couple of hours and decompress. I’ve no work at the moment but DH is so we are keeping afloat and fine. But it’s the feeling I should be doing something at all times that I struggle to shake.
The queuing to get into the supermarket is stressful in itself, then you have the bother of trying to get your shopping but you cant get half because the selves are bloody empty. :mad:

Then about a hour after Id got home I realised Id forgotten to get any Gin. :oops:

• Wow
  • Haha

Viewer1901

VIP Member
91943948_10157433114588403_7634016700320448512_o.jpg

Do we think I'd qualify for this?! I'll have the Disney castle, please!

Jokes aside this is a lovely gesture for families of key workers! Hopefully, it reaches some of the NHS staff we have on here (if you have children!)

Viewer1901

VIP Member
On a positive note my Tesco delivery just came and we only had 3 substitutions 🙌🏼🙌🏼 So much less stressful than a trip to the shops!

Kermy5

Maybe because I've had it but my attitude has changed massively. I think the governments around the world have made the wrong call by locking down their citizens. They should have just let it burn through. The same amount of people are expected to die eventually anyway regardless of any measures the governments take. They should have let it be and accept what happens.
Erm, what happens would be an NHS absolutely over run with people with nowhere near enough beds or ventilators and mass amounts of people dying all at once.
They are currently locking us down while the Nightingale hospitals are set up, so when the lockdown does end and yes we inevitably all get the virus at least we might actually stand a chance of receiving a bed.