Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Squarehole

VIP Member
My neighbor went to Morrisons yesterday at 2.00pm and she didn't get home until 5.30pm 😱

(She told me this in a message I wasn't watching her at the window 😂)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21

bubbletea123

VIP Member
I'm the same, Total introvert with plenty of hobbies and projects to be getting on with, but just can't seem to settle into anything. Normally I would relish some time off, but not like this. I haven't even got any kind of routine going yet and its been almost 3 weeks.
Me too. I am a big reader, have a paint-set, Netflix but I can't focus. I almost feel like my worry is causing me to procrastinate even hobbies. I was talking to my husband about it this morning and got upset as I feel so useless. We are in a privileged situation and I feel I should be making the most of it but am not.

• Sad
  • Heart

Bostonx

VIP Member
Everyone is rounding up on local strangers on all the Spotted [Insert village or area here] Facebook pages. People getting really personal with one another over garden fires, barbeques and music blaring. I even heard a random 5pm firework the other day.
On my local Facebook that someone took a photo of a young woman out with her mum and siblings. The person who posted it went on a big rant about how it's not fair her and her kids need to social distance but theirs idiots like this out walks with their mothers. It leaded to everyone saying disgusting stuff. Turns out the girl has PTSD and whiles she does have her own house in our village she stays at her mums often as it's the only way she will leave the house and she's moved into her mums for lockdown because her mental health was deteriorating. I felt so sorry for her 😭

• Sad
  • Angry

Delia Smith

VIP Member
I think Boris is way more ill than supposedly ‘sitting up in bed in good spirits etc’ .
ICU beds are for the sickest of the sick.
It’s a security issue. They won’t tell us how ill he is because it makes the country as a whole more vulnerable. To have a PM incapacitated and nobody officially running the country puts the UK at risk. We have to appear strong to our allies and even stronger to our enemies.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 20

Kermy5

That's it. My opinion is not dangerous it is realistic and unemotional. There are no treatments. Paracetamol and oxygen. Too many people thinking in panic mode over common sense. Ultimately, as will all virus' you need herd immunity.
Yes oxygen and time on a ventilator can and has helped people recover.
If everyone is ill at once some people won't have the opportunity to have that oxygen or that ventilator.
???

• Heart

50sGirl

VIP Member
Daughters birthday today and we’ve had tears because she wants to go and play on the park in the sunshine with her new toys 😞

I know I’m doing the right thing but makes me feel like the worst Mum ever. Pisses me off because we went to the shops yesterday and drove past the park and loads of kids were on it, which she pointed out herself. How am I supposed to make my kids believe it’s closed when they see that?
Happy birthday Mini Kate xx

02249881-81DA-4000-A2D6-D30681250A28.gif

• Heart

S29S37

I'm not sure how much I trust these numbers, a neighbour of my dad's passed away recently very out of the blue. He was in his 50s, fit and healthy. A neighbour went to check on him and found him. They are labelling the death as covid19 despite him not having tested positive at any point and they won't be testing him as he has already passed 🤔

• Wow
  • Sad

Abcd123

VIP Member
I've had a good couple of days but then had to go out to the supermarket today. First time in 2 weeks. Not that much social distancing from fellow shoppers. It's really made me anxious and I feel I've gotta wait 2 weeks now to see if they've given me covid or not!!

I wore gloves and nobody actually coughed on me or anything but it's still stress. Tell me.im.not alone in this?!

Reactions: 19

Northeast1988

VIP Member
Just a thought putting it out there - when I was chatting to one of the consultants at work today asking if the numbers are scary and his reply was not really because during a typical flu season you average 500 deaths a day but because flu is normal nobody reports it on a daily basis so with the covid virus on top of it , it’s only adding an extra 200 on to the expected number u would get from flu victims

KateESJ

VIP Member
I'm surprised no one seems to have found some rather dark humour in large parts of the UK population giving NHS staff the clap.
It hasn't been lost on me. Makes me chuckle.

The 'clapforboris' hashtag was great. "He's already got coronavirus, he doesn't need the clap too!"

• Haha

Kermy5

It’s coming across as trolling at this point imo.

I’d have thought that someone who had had the illness would be a bit more compassionate but apparently not.
Either trolling or actually just the one brain cell knocking around in there bless em.
Personally I would always choose to protect the lives of innocent people rather than the economy, as most would agree, because we aren't cunts.

Notothefakes

VIP Member
I've always thought nursery workers and teachers are actual angels for what they do...and this time has only reiterated that for me. It is bloody hard work to keep children entertained and safe and happy. Its exhausting. I'm also thankful for this time with my boy that I wouldn't usually get cos hearing his funny little stories 24/7 cracks me up. If anything though this time is just making me doubt myself as a mum that I'm really not good enough, but I am sure I'm not the only one feeling that way either.
I am a teacher and I doubt myself as a mum all the time! Teaching is easier as you have support if you need it. At home there’s no “on call” it’s you 😂 also in secondary it changes every hour so you’re never with the same class too long. Honestly before I was a mum in my head I thought I can control a class of 30 kids how hard can it be ...... then I got my son and I found out! Don’t get me wrong teaching is hard work but I find being a mum more challenging at times.

• Heart
  • Haha

nbt

VIP Member
I can’t think of anything worse than the thought of sending my child back to school any time soon! 😔

KateESJ

VIP Member
I think with some of the covid deaths these patients would have died anyway from other underlying issues. So although it’s quoted as covid they were unfortunately very poorly Anyway. That’s not to say the figures aren’t higher but there will be a crossover so it won’t be 900 + 1600.... they’ll be a crossover with those figures
That could make sense.

My Brian is just not working right now. 😂

ETA : Brain*. Point proven 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

Meangirl815

VIP Member
I am so fucking annoyed with my neighbours. Syrian refuges. Family in the house next door and another 5 ish in a house opposite.
It's 10.30 at night and not only have they been constantly in and out of each others houses all day but they are currently having a bonfire in the garden (in the house opposite) and STILL fucking mingling.

I'm angry eating chocolate and curtain twitching in full on rage

• Angry
  • Wow

Danielle1

lol I've been trying to stay away from the news and this thread because I think hearing of the numbers & sad stories makes me feel worse but I just can't stay off it - can admin block people from specific threads? 😂 think the only way I'd stay off here is if I was banned so I give up and now I'm using it as bedtime reading fml I really shouldn't do this to myself. 😣 although to be honest the scariest thing I read was the post about a threesome with Rishi & Raaab 😂 it's actually so sad and heartbreaking sometimes but then some of the memes and heartwarming stories of how people have helped each other are lovely too. It's a struggle xxx 😂

• Heart

LaurieLaurie

VIP Member
My neighbour was taken away in an ambulance at 1am, seemingly healthy woman in her 50s. I hope it isn’t Coronavirus related, I haven’t heard any coughing and our walls are paper thin.

• Sad
  • Wow

coconochanel

VIP Member
Was it just me that thought 'they would would make a good threesome' when Raab and Sunak stood outside clapping. :giggle:

• Haha
  • Heart

KateESJ

VIP Member
I wasnt judging you though. This family watched us clapping through the window and closed there blinds on us, can't you see how that comes across as disrespectful? Even a clap at the window would of meant something.
I dont know, I know people dont have to do it but I think its a lovely gesture and shows community spirit. As I said though each to their own.
No you weren't judging me directly but I also didn't clap and won't clap which you said is disrespectful because of all the NHS has done. I KNOW what the NHS do. Fuck, I know too well what they do. Each to their own, sure, but you're still judging other people here.

A clap may have meant something to you, but maybe not to them.

And maybe they closed their blinds because they saw you watching them through their window? You would've been looking to notice them watching you.