Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Like sheep? The government remove our human and civil rights and no one says peep.
If there was no reason for it then I’d get your point but that’s not the case.

Clearly there is a very good reason for it and we are not the only nation to have done it. Some have even taken it even further than we have. Take your tin foil hat off or take that tit to the conspiracy thread.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
Thank you for reassuring me. The doctor we spoke to this morning said that she will be well looked after and that on admission they'll keep her well away from anywhere that patients with suspected covid are. We're hoping oral antibiotics work but she's a history of needed admitting for IV antibiotics for this particular problem
He said he was mainly kept totally alone. Waiting area had parts closed off to keep people apart. He didn't even have to wait long to be seen as they are trying not to keep people sitting out. They are trying to get him out ASAP as they don't want otherwise healthy people in there. And as I said he was given a mask as precaution. He said he was worried before going but felt reassured once there.

Reactions: 5
There’s been stories of people over 100 surviving and people in their 80s and 90s. We often hear the bad stuff but there are good stories too. Take care x

I got “told off” at chemist yesterday as I didn’t stand behind the line. I’d not been out to shops fir four weeks I literally didn’t know what I was doing! It’s very odd you’re right. In my own home it’s like a bubble you can hide from it all it’s very weird in the shops.
First time I went out I was in complete shock... In my own bubble it's been a bit unreal and like you're listening to a fictional story, then you go out and it sort of hits you that it's real. ( I know that sounds weird but it's a weird time.) scary times. Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
First time I went out I was in complete shock... In my own bubble it's been a bit unreal and like you're listening to a fictional story, then you go out and it sort of hits you that it's real. ( I know that sounds weird but it's a weird time.) scary times. Xx
No I get it that’s exactly how I feel, like it’s a bit unreal somehow but then going out it’s like a film.

Perfect I'll get the mic and we will do a karaoke 🤣 will he ok as I can't sing 🤣 once I've drowned out the guitar with my tone deaf voice , we will play games to tire them out and then they will just want to watch a film or anything other then listening to my voice🤣🤣🤣 oh how I miss those days when my two boys where young ☺
They don’t watch films 😂 they can’t focus for that long.... I attempted the cinema once... never again. My son has adhd so that’s why he can’t focus... except when he finds his hyper focus which is currently the guitar. It used to be toilets... he had to keep taking the cistern lid off and checking all the plumbing was working, before that it was hoovers, I had to put down a bit of rice on the floor and he used to hoover it up and empty it out...... so I’ll drop them off in an hour yeah? 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
It’s so busy today where I live. People everywhere. Ive come out to get Hayfever tablets. Ugh.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Put the vulnerable on lockdown and increase social services to help them with shopping etc. Invest into the nightingale temp hospitals for the covid-19 sick, allow the normal hospitals to continue as usual. Call back retired hospital staff to staff the temp hospitals, allow people to continue learning income so they can feed their families and pay their bills. Encourage social distancing.
There are quite a lot of nightingale hospitals being erected to take the load of local hospital and hospital staff who have retired have come back into work
At my hospital we have had over 100 nurses come back who have had critical care background and have been put to use

If you don’t work behind the scenes and are only relying on media and news for information , are you really in a position to judge or comment

Reactions: 16
You’re just coming across as heartless now.

Do you know something we don’t? Been to the future and back? Are we all going to need coffins in a few weeks?
It’s coming across as trolling at this point imo.

I’d have thought that someone who had had the illness would be a bit more compassionate but apparently not.

Reactions: 17
  • Haha
Reactions: 1
There are quite a lot of nightingale hospitals being erected to take the load of local hospital and hospital staff who have retired have come back into work
At my hospital we have had over 100 nurses come back who have had critical care background and have been put to use

If you don’t work behind the scenes and are only relying on media and news for information , are you really in a position to judge or comment
Must be frustrating for you having to read such stuff.

Thanks for all you're doing x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
People will suffer for longer if they lose people close to them.
No people will suffer longer if they can't feed their children, pay their bills and lose people. I am not in any way saying people are disposable. I'm just saying that this should have been handled better.

• Haha
No people will suffer longer if they can't feed their children, pay their bills and lose people. I am not in any way saying people are disposable. I'm just saying that this should have been handled better.
Eh. I’m struggling to feed my kids but I’d rather them be safe. I don’t want to lose another child.

Losing a child hurts a lot more than financial struggles.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
But the government tried to handle it in the way you suggested.

NO ONE LISTENED.

Reactions: 10

I’d have thought that someone who had had the illness would be a bit more compassionate but apparently not.
Either trolling or actually just the one brain cell knocking around in there bless em.
Personally I would always choose to protect the lives of innocent people rather than the economy, as most would agree, because we aren't cunts.

Reactions: 19
I don’t usually rise to people trolling but I have to say that you are being incredibly insensitive.

It’s almost like you’re enjoying provoking people and their worst fears.
I'll probably get in trouble for saying so and obviously I'm not meaning EVERYONE that came from a certain site but when the Phillip Schofield scandal hit (about him and the young lad), a lot of people from another forum came over here and I recognise their way of posting and how they like to wind people up and create arguments. It's why I left that particular site!

It's best just to ignore them and scroll on by.

Reactions: 17

I'm not trolling anyone. I'm just not agreeing with the governments removal of our human rights and civil liberties. Offering a different opinion is not being a troll.

While that is your opinion and you’re entitled to it even if I don’t share it, if everyone had that attitude then there would be no point for anybody. It is not the Government’s or anybody’s right to play God with other people’s lives, they have a responsibility and duty of care towards the people they govern. All of them. It is not for you or I to decide who’s lives are worth more. Every life counts and should be preserved where possible. It sounds cold when you say “let it burn through.” You’re talking about people’s family members who matter to them whether they are vulnerable or not.
But that is exactly what they are doing.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
It’s not like they’re doing it for fun. It’s actually necessary. You make it seem like they’re doing it because they feel like it.

Nobody wants this, you think the government wanted pretty much everything to be ground to a halt? You think they want to be paying 80% of the majorities wages? It is what is needed at this moment in time. Yes it sucks, yes it’s going to be tit after wards. But I’d rather that than have our hospitals become over run, staff walking away due to feeling undervalued and over worked during a pandemic and even more lives lost than necessary. It’s not just old people getting it and dying. Young healthy people can die from it too.

If you’ve got a better suggestion beyond ‘let it run its course’ I would LOVE to hear it.
Read up. I've already typed it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.