Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just a quick look on theyworkforyou.com gives you an insight into how Rishi Sunak operates.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this due to his religion?
I think he's better off not voting as he's done than voting against those.

Reactions: 10
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this due to his religion?
I think he's better off not voting as he's done than voting against those.
Probably, but if he is against human rights, why is he in government? Genuine question, not meant to cause offence.

Reactions: 6
Just a quick look on theyworkforyou.com gives you an insight into how Rishi Sunak operates.
It's amazing how quickly you can go off someone. Dissappointing Mr Sunak 😭

Edit: Understandable to a degree if religious beliefs would sway a vote. Still leaves a bad taste.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Is it making anyone else feel a little strange that a different politician is doing the press conference each day? I wish they would keep it consistent!
No, it’s just because it’s very much dependent on what new information is being given/is being discussed on that day. Today was about more funding being made available so makes sense to bring the money man in!

Reactions: 5
Rishi is far better than Dominic, who I find a bit gormless. I suppose he's been thrown into it though and is doing his best.

Reactions: 9
First time posting on this thread. I’m in M/C to. Why are they here? Are they going to Barton and setting up the GMex?
Maybe! I know a Dr that has volunteered for working at the G Mex he said it should be opening Sunday. We all came out of our houses like it was some amazing spectical!

Reactions: 3
I'm just concerned about where all this money is coming from? We will all have to pay it back eventually through taxes..
I think I read it somewhere that we only stopped paying WW2 debts in 2006. A quick google:

"On 31 December 2006, Britain made a final payment of about $83m (£45.5m) and thereby discharged the last of its war loans from the US. "

• Wow
Reactions: 13
So what is Rishi throwing money at today? I missed the first 10 mins of the conference!

Reactions: 1
He hates everything and everybody!! Yet he just gave 750 million to charity??!! What's going on with him??

Reactions: 11
In regards to economy, The whole world needs a global reset. China will most likely become the super power after all this. Hope Russia behave themselves too otherwise WW3 could be on the agenda.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I'm not surprised at any of this. Theres a reason why Boris wanted him as Chancellor and that's because their policies align.
That and Sajid Javid refused to sack all his staff and Boris had to appoint a new chancellor unexpectedly. Funny how no one could predict how important the role would be in a month or so... and I wonder how the far more experienced sajid javid would be handling the crisis....
Not that I’m necessarily against these measures at a desperate time. As long as they don’t use it as an excuse to bring back austerity.

He hates everything and everybody!! Yet he just gave 750 million to charity??!! What's going on with him??
It really is strange what is going on here with all this. I suspect it's got something to do with making everyone more beholden to the government.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Do you think they will announce something to help people pay for funerals , I dont see everyone having the money , or even pre paid funeral plans
I understand it's not exactly proper funerals but there is still costs involved, that people might not have readily

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Do you think they will announce something to help people pay for funerals , I dont see everyone having the money , or even pre paid funeral plans
I understand it's not exactly proper funerals but there is still costs involved, that people might not have readily
I wonder if the local authorities will be able to help with this - after all they are getting lots of cash too, so maybe some of that will be used for funerals etc?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.