Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
1 case my city but discovered when the bloke travelled to China..
They have apparently deepcleaned office where he worked.
Seen lots Asian people wearing masks in city centre I assume international students as 2 universities taking precautions.
Stick in local supermarkets odd.
We can get antibacterial hand wash but not gel.
Pound shop and lidls had toiliet roll
Morrisons did not.
Morrisons taken battering more than others.
Aldis ran low on eggs the other day.
Lilds was low on few things I normally buy like chopped tomatoes.
Today went b&m got 4 packs bagels as reduced and froze.
2 tins Campbell condense soup great with pasta.
Bachelors packet mac cheese.
Some packet mixes.
I haven't actively stockpiled but have brought and reduced meat and bread I saw this week and froze.
I did buy few extra tins bog roll and value pasta just in case.
Seeing how it goes this week before I buy few extra medicines booze milk bread coffee sugar and soft drinks.
I feel confident I have 3 weeks worth of meals in.
What my kids would struggle with is lack of snacks.

Reactions: 2
Also they are mainly Catholic so tend to go to church several times per week so will have all been congregated together.
Thanks I thourght just be because they big international tourism.
Eldest and rest if her school trip party all well they got back from Italy on the 22nd of Feb. 1 got tested and was negative.
They were 80 miles away from confirmed case.
Travel company have reassured the school and school have said they need to come in so they been back 15 days.

Went out for lunch today and had to use the loo.
I was washing my hands and the lady in the next cubicle came out, gave her hands a 2 second rinse under the cold tap, then under the drier and left! I used my jumper over my hand to open the door after she’d touched it. That’s poor personal hygiene when eating anyway but in the current climate it beggars belief!
I was walking round asdas today and a woman coughed without covering her mouth. Its people like this who make it worse for others!

Reactions: 5
Also they are mainly Catholic so tend to go to church several times per week so will have all been congregated together.
I was wondering about Ramadan earlier, it's starts near the end of April and there is nightly congregational prayers in most mosques. I wonder if there is a drop in numbers for Friday prayers or people travelling for Eid celebrations in May.

Reactions: 3
There's a case in my local big town, and my small town (where I live) has had the herds of panic buyers! Shop shelves are bare, the loo roll is gone!!

Luckily I bought a massive pack a couple of weeks ago and I live alone so I have plenty!

Reactions: 1
There's a case in my local big town, and my small town (where I live) has had the herds of panic buyers! Shop shelves are bare, the loo roll is gone!!

Luckily I bought a massive pack a couple of weeks ago and I live alone so I have plenty!
You can poop to your hearts content 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I was wondering about Ramadan earlier, it's starts near the end of April and there is nightly congregational prayers in most mosques. I wonder if there is a drop in numbers for Friday prayers or people travelling for Eid celebrations in May.
There's been a church closed for a deep clean near here

Reactions: 1
I have just looked in my cupboard. Lentils, rice, tinned tomatoes,tins of beans and soup. About 20 tins altogether. 3 bags of pasta, 3 jars of pesto. And oddments. My freezer is tiny, I live alone and it was adequate before. 😕 I don’t eat much bread and milk makes me spotty. Enough for about a month, if I eke out. I have cat food and litter. Doing an online shop tomorrow. Pension day is Monday.

Reactions: 7
I have just looked in my cupboard. Lentils, rice, tinned tomatoes,tins of beans and soup. About 20 tins altogether. 3 bags of pasta, 3 jars of pesto. And oddments. My freezer is tiny, I live alone and it was adequate before. 😕 I don’t eat much bread and milk makes me spotty. Enough for about a month, if I eke out. I have cat food and litter. Doing an online shop tomorrow. Pension day is Monday.
That sounds grand. If I didn't have kids I'd be fine with self-isolation. Without sounding like a dooms-dayer if things get really bad I can totally envisage local communities stepping-up by way of creating local resource sharing street by street. You could easily create a resource-exchange system without requiring human contact..."Swap me your loo roll for my rice" kinda thing (all hosed down with anti-bac) or just leaving unwanted goods at the top of the road.

You can bet your bottom dollar there might soon be thousands of bored pple in self-isolation that will create bleeping ingenious ways to keep communities going and I know it's sad but I am here for that kind of tit!! Can you imagine what might be achieved if we focus some of our greatest minds on these priorities as opposed to their habitiual corporate careers? We could change lives!

Despite what pple might sometimes want you to believe, history shows that there is a tit tonne of pple out there who will want to help others. I am a total do-gooder myself!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Can you get yourself some multivitamins too? Try not to worry - whereabouts are you?

Reactions: 4
Can you get yourself some multivitamins too? Try not to worry - whereabouts are you?
Yes forgot to say. I take b12 and calcium tablets. Got about 3 months in. There are some multivitamins as well that I will start to take. I was put off because they are like bullets. My oddments are good. Olive oil, seasoning, dried mushrooms, things to make food tasty. X

While everybody is self isolating I will be able to do my regular wkend shop in peace and quiet.
I’m not panic buying, worst case scenario is I will eat the OH and then the dogs 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
While everybody is self isolating I will be able to do my regular wkend shop in peace and quiet.
I’m not panic buying, worst case scenario is I will eat the OH and then the dogs 😂
I went to a shopping centre today that is usually packed at the weekend, it was dead, the multi-storey car park was empty.

and it was fabulous!! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Out of interest, how much has everyone bought?

I’ve got an extra 2 packs of loo roll and extra 2 soaps (kitchen and bathroom) but that’s all. I’m doing a food shop as normal tomorrow and will get some extra rice and pasta, frozen veg, passata and herbs/spices.

concerned with some folk bulk buying alllll the soap/hand gel and others having NONE. Isn’t this worse for all of us in society?

surely all of us having access to soap and practicing decent hygiene is more effective than half the population having no soap/ hand gel and the other half with huge pantry’s full of everything and dosing with hand sanitiser constantly?

ps people and the not washing their hands after the loo are HORRIFIC.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.