Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Depends which of those two categories you fall into I guess. Selfishly, and as a healthy 40 yr old...it doesn’t feel so awful to me 😐
It is awful, albeit I can see the logic, but imagine if it meant someone you loved was in that category. Would you feel differently if someone in your family or group of friends was asked to sign a DNR in these circumstances? My brother-in-law has multiple myeloma and he's only 59 - he's currently in remission on maintenance chemo, but he has a full life and a wife and family and friends who love him.

• Sad
Reactions: 11

Yel

Is anyone else seriously getting worried about weight gain in this period? I don’t feel like I’m eating more but I must be - maybe it’s stress eating. Plus I used to go to the gym 3/4 x per week :(. I wanted to emerge from this lockdown as a new woman but instead think I’m gonna be emerging as bloody Jabba the Hut :ROFLMAO:!
I'm trying to miss breakfast and not eat past 6.

I keep going to bed absolutely stuffed and still stuffed the next day and eatting breakfast 😬

I used to cycle everywhere and gym or swim most days. Struggling to eat less than I'm used to even with a 1-2 hour walk everyday. Probably giving me a whole new world of disordered food habits 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 5
Whitty's twitter is active, or would that be someone posting on his behalf?

Reactions: 2
I'm trying to miss breakfast and not eat past 6.

I keep going to bed absolutely stuffed and still stuffed the next day and eatting breakfast 😬

I used to cycle everywhere and gym or swim most days. Struggling to eat less than I'm used to even with a 1-2 hour walk everyday. Probably giving me a whole new world of disordered food habits 🤷‍♀️
I am eating less, and also I think not eating out will be helping. BUT like you said, I can feel almost a disordered way of thinking slipping in... Like, I eat breakfast a bit later so I won't have lunch, limit my snacks/how much I eat, then have dinner around 6 or 7 and try not to eat anything after that.

Reactions: 3
That was on the news the other night the family wanted it shown to make people aware of the heartbreak they're causing by not following the rules :(
His story should be everywhere. Anyone who sees that post and still thinks sunbathing is important is heartless

Reactions: 13
There was a technical problem that meant broadcasters didn't get the first part so joined it when it was the questions part only but they now have the footage available which I just watched on the iplayer.

However, the questions get worse. One journalist asked if people have been social distancing and only going out to the shops and for a walk would it now be OK to go and see family?! The DCMO said when they say families they mean one family in the same household so you can still not mix households but why people would even assume they could just shows the ignorance of a lot of people not understanding the rules.
That question was ridiculous, and she still sounded put out when they asked if it had been answered. I don't understand how people are finding the concept of one household so difficult to grasp 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 5
My friend has a wedding in September. She must be so worried, the invites were sent out long before this started and she’s been planning it for ages:(

I’ve been having less take aways obviously as they’re all closed, so that’s a plus. Currently watching the wrestling from last night (Wrestlemania part 1) and it’s just not the same without crowds. So surprised its actually gone ahead.

My friend has a wedding in September. She must be so worried, the invites were sent out long before this started and she’s been planning it for ages:(
My friend has just rearranged hers from June to September. I think she's being ridiculously optimistic. She only postponed when weddings got banned

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.