Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How absolutely disgusting are those big organisations wanting to furlough their staff?! The likes of premier league football clubs and top shop whos bosses have more than enough money to not only pay their staffs wages bit to pay most other people’s too. I feel sickened that their using a government scheme to keep all their money and still make profit in a time of crisis and uncertainty.

I’m a key worker as I work for the NHS. I get paid £9 and hour to put my life at risk and look after people who are affected by this. I can’t stay at home, I don’t live in a great big house, I’m not sure if I’ll be able to pay my bills/rent and yet these absolute wank stains are being greedy cunts for doing duck all.

The government will probably give them the money too. They should be donating money to the people who need it and stop being so selfish thinking about themselves. I’m sick of people playing the whole ‘woe is me’ card bitching about being indoors when some of us don’t have a choice.

I feel so done. This world is just full of selfish pricks who have so much money they don’t know what to do with themselves. It would take me years to even come close to earning how much some of these people earn in a week.
I completely agree with everything you’ve said. I HOPE something changes for you once this is all done but thank you for the amazing job you’re doing now x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
As you say 'they're being asked'. They are not been forced to sign, so I can't see many people taking up the offer. I would imagine a lot of the older people that are dying each day are possibly those that already had a DNR although one of the people who died yesterday was 95 and had no underlying health conditions :-(
While they cannot be forced to sign, the BMA guidance states that usually healthy people should be prioritised, so even if they rejected the DNR they are still at the mercy of doctors who will decide their fate. I know people who work for the NHS so I’m aware these decisions are made on a normal basis, the difference is now resources are (set to be) incredibly overstretched and more focus will be on survival rates. If I had one of these underlying conditions I’d quite frankly be shitting myself

• Sad
Reactions: 8
While they cannot be forced to sign, the BMA guidance states that usually healthy people should be prioritised, so even if they rejected the DNR they are still at the mercy of doctors who will decide their fate. I know people who work for the NHS so I’m aware these decisions are made on a normal basis, the difference is now resources are (set to be) incredibly overstretched and more focus will be on survival rates. If I had one of these underlying conditions I’d quite frankly be shitting myself
So taking into account the 95 year old who died yesterday and had no underlying health conditions. If someone that age turns up at hospital are they just going to assume because of their age they shouldn't be prioritised over a younger person even though both have no underlying condition?

Reactions: 5
What are your thoughts on weddings at the end of July/August/September? Would you attend one?
We had a second invitation to one this week, rsvp's need to be in by the end of May. I was planning to wait and see but if im honest i don't want to attend either of them, wether things are back to normal or not. I was actually surprised to receive them, i cant imagine trying to plan a wedding with all this uncertainty going on.

So taking into account the 95 year old who died yesterday and had no underlying health conditions. If someone that age turns up at hospital are they just going to assume because of their age they shouldn't be prioritised over a younger person even though both have no underlying condition?
The guidance specifies “younger, healthier” people being the priority so I assume so - while both have no underlying conditions, it would be assumed that the younger person would recover more quickly, so in the case of limited resources they would be prioritised

• Sad
Reactions: 6
What are your thoughts on weddings at the end of July/August/September? Would you attend one?
We had a second invitation to one this week, rsvp's need to be in by the end of May. I was planning to wait and see but if im honest i don't want to attend either of them, wether things are back to normal or not. I was actually surprised to receive them, i cant imagine trying to plan a wedding with all this uncertainty going on.
Seems strange that people are planning weddings with so much uncertainty? I suppose you have until the end of May to decide but I can't see many weddings going ahead this year.

Reactions: 7
If they could only save one, they would choose the younger with no underlying health conditions.
I found this out because my nephew (10) has cystic fibrosis. It would not be a priority to preserve his life if it got that bad.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
The only way I’ll be needing new clothes during this pandemic is if I get fatter from all the eating I’ve been doing. 😑
My pjs are very stretchy. Worse case scenario (99% going to happen) still got some maternity wear.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
If they could only save one, they would choose the younger with no underlying health conditions.
I found this out because my nephew (10) has cystic fibrosis. It would not be a priority to preserve his life if it got that bad.
Very sad for your nephew.

But my point was that neither the 95 year old or the younger person have underlying health conditions so a Dr presumably then decides he'll save the younger person?

Reactions: 2
I would take the 95 year old dying with no underlying health conditions with a pinch of salt . Post moterms are not done that quick and nobody knows for 100% that someone is healthy until it’s been completed

My wedding is October and I’m still going ahead and planning it until told otherwise

Reactions: 1
I would take the 95 year old dying with no underlying health conditions with a pinch of salt . Post moterms are not done that quick and nobody knows for 100% that someone is healthy until it’s been completed
To be fair, my Auntie is 93 and has no underlying health conditions. She's had a charmed life. Never married or had children and outlived all her siblings. I have put this down to the fact she didn't marry or have kids and therefore has not had much stress in her life!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
As heartbreaking as it is, if they only have the capacity to save one, then the younger person should be prioritised.
I write this knowing that if my 80 year old dad gets it then this scenario will most likely happen.
I love him dearly but if the doctors had to choose between saving my 80 year old dad and a 20 year old stranger, then the stranger should be saved.
It’s not a decision any Doctor would ever want to make and, although I would be absolutely devastated, I would understand their decision.
It is just so awful that we have to even consider scenarios like this but sadly that is most likely our reality right now.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
To be fair, my Auntie is 93 and has no underlying health conditions. She's had a charmed life. Never married or had children and outlived all her siblings. I have put this down to the fact she didn't marry or have kids and therefore has not had much stress in her life!
I appreciate that there are some out there who are a rule to the exception but no1 can say for certain until post moterms are done

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.