Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Feels like Groundhog Day. I have a piano so should get better at playing it like the guy in the film but I can't focus.

The numbers each day are getting pretty mind numbingly high.

Reactions: 5
My ex text me yesterday that he's showing symptoms (which I didn't really believe tbh, he's such an attention seeker). Temp, slight cough. He asked if I would go shopping for him, because he, and I quote 'didn't want to get judged for coughing in public', told him to ask his new girlfriend. Anyway today he posted on Facebook that he went to Tesco. bleeping dickwad.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
That’s not ungrateful. These are difficult times, I think those of us who can still work (or have to) have a right to be scared. It’s a struggle all over. I really hope this lockdown works and people stop arsing about.
I’m still working too. Actually working more hours now than when I’m working. Probably only earning 80% salary taking into account the extra hours I’m doing. It’s also hard working on a laptop screen all day. I don’t have children but don’t know how I’d manage if I did. I know you have to but appreciate it can’t be easy. But I’m equally grateful that I am able to work from home.

Reactions: 5
Re chris whitty yeah I've had this conversation with my mum this afternoon we are quite concerned about him I genuinely hope hes ok I wish they'd do an update or like you said why has no one asked a question about him 🙉 it's been 6 days since he confirmed on Twitter he was showing symptoms
He seems a very private person maybe he wants to keep his health a private affair also ?

Reactions: 7
Can anyone explain today’s death toll for France?

Yesterday it was so high because they added 884 deaths that’d happened in nursing homes over the past few weeks. The daily total without these additional deaths would have been 471. Does today’s figure (1,120) also include previous deaths being added on? The worldometer site only notes that for yesterday but it seems like a massive jump without an explanation such as this

Reactions: 1
we’re all here for you. A socially distanced, and internet hug for you. ❤
I can’t comprehend the weight you must feel and the things you must see

please know we are all, so very grateful for the work you have done and will continue to do.
you and your colleagues are amazing heroes. without you we are nothing.
Each day that passes we are closer to the end than the start
You are very kind, thank you. ❤

Just a quick note though, I’m not a hero.

Or rather, I’m no more of a hero than any supermarket staff, refuse worker, public transport worker, army, teacher or other essential staff member who leaves the sanctuary of their home to keep our country running and our needs met.

I’m no more of a hero than the work-from-homers who are juggling childcare with spreadsheets, or struggling with technical difficulties, slow internet and no office camaraderie.

No more of a hero than the furloughed worker, readjusting finances to fit the 80% and keeping everything crossed that they have a job to go back to when this is all over.

No more of a hero than any self employed or small business owner who suddenly saw their income, their dream, their blood sweat and tears, take a massive hit and don’t know if they can wait it out til June.

No more of a hero than the person who lives everyday with the black dog, struggling to get up in the morning, eat regular meals or find any pleasure in the small things but despite it all keeps going to fight the fight again tomorrow.

No more of a hero than any single person in the country who sees the sun shining and hears the beach calling, or looks longingly at their motorbike gathering dust in the garage, or is itching to buy those DIY bits to get that home improvement project started but then sacrifices it all to stay at home.

I feel incredibly lucky to do the job I do. It’s lovely to have the support of the public at times like this but I am no more or less of a hero than the next person. We are all small cogs in the big machine to fight coronavirus.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Audible is offering free listening for kid's books... including the teen ones, there are some good options. I am listening to Harry Potter. It is narrated by Stephen Fry. https://audible.com

Reactions: 6
Kate Garraway's husband is in I
My ex text me yesterday that he's showing symptoms (which I didn't really believe tbh, he's such an attention seeker). Temp, slight cough. He asked if I would go shopping for him, because he, and I quote 'didn't want to get judged for coughing in public', told him to ask his new girlfriend. Anyway today he posted on Facebook that he went to Tesco. bleeping dickwad.
one reason he’s your ex !

• Haha
Reactions: 4

Or rather, I’m no more of a hero than any supermarket staff, refuse worker, public transport worker, army, teacher or other essential staff member who leaves the sanctuary of their home to keep our country running and our needs met.

I’m no more of a hero than the work-from-homers who are juggling childcare with spreadsheets, or struggling with technical difficulties, slow internet and no office camaraderie.

No more of a hero than the furloughed worker, readjusting finances to fit the 80% and keeping everything crossed that they have a job to go back to when this is all over.

No more of a hero than any self employed or small business owner who suddenly saw their income, their dream, their blood sweat and tears, take a massive hit and don’t know if they can wait it out til June.

No more of a hero than the person who lives everyday with the black dog, struggling to get up in the morning, eat regular meals or find any pleasure in the small things but despite it all keeps going to fight the fight again tomorrow.

No more of a hero than any single person in the country who sees the sun shining and hears the beach calling, or looks longingly at their motorbike gathering dust in the garage, or is itching to buy those DIY bits to get that home improvement project started but then sacrifices it all to stay at home.

I feel incredibly lucky to do the job I do. It’s lovely to have the support of the public at times like this but I am no more or less of a hero than the next person. We are all small cogs in the big machine to fight coronavirus.
of course. everything you just said is so true!
but I think most of us are happy to hold you with the most absolute respect that you are up close and personal with this disease, even if it terrifies the bejesus outta you.

we are all doing our little bits, to make up a whole motion of cogs To form this huge machine it takes for all of us to battle this.

together we are one ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 14
of course. everything you just said is so true!
but I think most of us are happy to hold you with the most absolute respect that you are up close and personal with this disease, even if it terrifies the bejesus outta you.

we are all doing our little bits, to make up a whole motion of cogs To form this huge machine it takes for all of us to battle this.

together we are one ❤
That’s a lovely post. I think I’ve got something in my eye 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I'm feeling a bit sad tonight. Just spoke to my dad who was very upset. He'd just found out a long standing friend of the family is in intensive care with Covid. Apparently he is critical and it isn't looking good. He's on CPAP but his family have been told that he won't be ventilated if he deteriorates.

Two of my friends are in the process of recovering from it. One had it slightly worse than the other but didn't need to be admitted to hospital. It just feels like it's getting closer. Two weeks ago I didn't know anyone who'd had it.

I took the kids out for a walk this evening. They've not left the house for two weeks. We haven't been ill, just trying to limit exposure and maybe a bit stressed out by all the ranting on Facebook about how families shouldn't go out for a walk all together (even when they live together). Was worried we'd get shouted at. We didn't though it was fine. Lots of people saying hello to each other as they walked past - appropriately far away, which was nice.

• Sad
Reactions: 14

I love this! This virus is proof that every member of society matters and whilst some are more front line than others which we are so grateful for every single person is making sacrifices. Jobs that may have been looked down on in the past (by some) are now essential jobs. The world needs all kinds of people to function and this virus is highlighting that.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.