Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, but people are lapping it up. I just am not a fan of that at all. If you do something good, no need to share it every day.
If you reach to help someone, it should be so discreet, as though you give with your right hand your left hand shouldn't know.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I saw someone say their child’s school teacher had spoke to them and said they are planning to start school again in June, obviously that could all change though!
Also I had an email from the National trust saying payments can be froze for 3 months, thought that may help someone ☺
Others have replied, but I not long had an email from the head of our school saying from what she had heard we are in this for the long haul and to get used to the new normal. So no I dont think June is likely.

Just saw the new advert, dont think it grabs your attention as much as chris Whitty, it blends in too much with other adverts I think. We need something that will make people notice and do what is asked.

Reactions: 1
yeah but change the words 'Britian there's no need to feel down I say britain don't go out you'll get fined I say britain its getting empty in town'...
The village people couldn't have put it any better :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 2
It’s official, this has all hit close to home and my aunt has been hospitalised and tested positive for coronavirus. No cough, just a temperature but the doctors have warned that things often go down hill within 24hrs and have warned her husband that she will not be ventilated. Understandable but grim to have it laid out like that.
Why won’t they ventilate her? ☹

• Sad
Reactions: 3
@Oohthedrama I’m intrigued to see your response to this 😂😂
I plead the fifth.....
remember.... I’m just here to post the Irish crap #iWantThatInMyBio

I will however be “washing my hair” anytime there is a group clap, a group hug, a group anything.

but if you’re asking right now 🙂

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Completely off topic.. human remains have been found on the Yorkshire moors ,hopefully some of Brady and Hindley's victims can be laid to rest at last🙏

• Wow
Reactions: 26
I can't understand why Hancock is out of isolation if he still has one of the symptoms. Surely he should be in isolation until he's clear of all symptoms!

Reactions: 8
You are very kind, thank you. ❤

Just a quick note though, I’m not a hero.

Or rather, I’m no more of a hero than any supermarket staff, refuse worker, public transport worker, army, teacher or other essential staff member who leaves the sanctuary of their home to keep our country running and our needs met.

I’m no more of a hero than the work-from-homers who are juggling childcare with spreadsheets, or struggling with technical difficulties, slow internet and no office camaraderie.

No more of a hero than the furloughed worker, readjusting finances to fit the 80% and keeping everything crossed that they have a job to go back to when this is all over.

No more of a hero than any self employed or small business owner who suddenly saw their income, their dream, their blood sweat and tears, take a massive hit and don’t know if they can wait it out til June.

No more of a hero than the person who lives everyday with the black dog, struggling to get up in the morning, eat regular meals or find any pleasure in the small things but despite it all keeps going to fight the fight again tomorrow.

No more of a hero than any single person in the country who sees the sun shining and hears the beach calling, or looks longingly at their motorbike gathering dust in the garage, or is itching to buy those DIY bits to get that home improvement project started but then sacrifices it all to stay at home.

I feel incredibly lucky to do the job I do. It’s lovely to have the support of the public at times like this but I am no more or less of a hero than the next person. We are all small cogs in the big machine to fight coronavirus.
Well I think you're wonderful so there ❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Completely off topic.. human remains have been found on the Yorkshire moors ,hopefully some of Brady and Hindley's victims can be laid to rest at last🙏
Omg no way 🙉😵 yes hopefully they are the poor lad Brady 😔 fingers crossed the remaining family can put him to rest now

Reactions: 2
Why won’t they ventilate her? ☹
I think the poster replied that it's because she has dementia? Most Dr's recommend dementia patients sign a DNA (do not resuscitate) Order as dementia is a life limiting illness.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I plead the fifth.....
remember.... I’m just here to post the Irish crap #iWantThatInMyBio

I will however be “washing my hair” anytime there is a group clap, a group hug, a group anything.

but if you’re asking right now 🙂
Oh come on you could do westlife's you raise me up.

• Haha
I can't understand why Hancock is out of isolation if he still has one of the symptoms. Surely he should be in isolation until he's clear of all symptoms!
You can come out of isolation even if you still have the cough as that can last upto 3 weeks but you can't come out of isolation if you still have the temperature like Boris does.

• Wow
I've heard that deaths from suspected covid that take place at home/care home aren't being counted in the numbers - because there's not enough tests and they dont test the body once the person has passed away.... So actually the death rate will be FAR FAR higher than what is being reported
I'd heard this too but I'm don't know what the real truth is. My dad's cousin died of Covid at the weekend. Apparently whoever phoned my dad was very clear it was Covid but she was in a care home (in Scotland). Not even sure she made it to hospital so how would they know?
I'm also finding getting information third party via someone who is half deaf a bit frustrating. I feel it's missing large bits of important info. Maybe that's my control freakery seeping out though.

Window cleaners near me have been advertising they are starting back again.
It's been busy on my road and apparently in the local towns it's been as busy as pre lockdown and loads of people down the beach
I live at the sea and there is no one apart from the odd dog walker on the beach and our town is a ghost town ..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.