Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know there’s talk that China’s figures are suspect.... we have now exceeded the amount of deaths. UKs population 66 million, China’s 1.2 billion. I just don’t know what to think or believe anymore.
China’s figures are absolute bullsh1t. They’re actual figures run more like 100,000 deaths+
I, too am angry and frustrated they lied and deceived the world so badly

Reactions: 17
They deaths reported were originally just those that died in hospital but I think that’s been amended. Although there’ll always be a catch up if thy run haven’t been tested
The peak is expected over Easter, although if people continue to flout the lockdown it’ll go on for a lot longer than it needs to.
A big concern is people thinking it’s over, going back to normality and then there being a second wave. We will have the measures for 3 months minimum but more likely 6

Reactions: 9
Reading about everyone flouting lockdown I'm so happy to stay in a village where people are doing as they are told now. Haven't seen any complaints for the past week or so.

Reactions: 6
Spain has overtaken Italy and has more cases and more deaths per head.

I think we're still two weeks away from a peak 18th april

1585925413021.png

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Reading about everyone flouting lockdown I'm so happy to stay in a village where people are doing as they are told now. Haven't seen any complaints for the past week or so.
Same here in my town. To be honest people here would probably post your face/name/address all over facebook if you were seen to be flouting the rules 😳
Even the supermarket staff have taken to facebook to publicly moan about those just 'nipping in' for a few bits. We're a week into our Easter holidays here too!

Reactions: 4
Well. I went a bit mad today and cut my hair. I feel like I’m going absolutely crazy being stuck in the house. I’ve not left my house since the 22nd.

• Haha
  • Sad
Spain has overtaken Italy and has more cases and more deaths per head.

I think we're still two weeks away from a peak 18th april

View attachment 103397
Italy have yet to release their figures today BUT it’s scary all the same how we are all catching up 💔

China’s figures are absolute bullsh1t. They’re actual figures run more like 100,000 deaths+
I, too am angry and frustrated they lied and deceived the world so badly
What worries me more is that we received reports that China is back to normal (93% of businesses anyway) and it was something for us to look forward to eventually. Now I’m wondering if that too is bullshit

• Sad
Don’t want to be that head but is there a way to report people who aren’t following the rules? I can hear that my next door neighbour has family round (young children) that are definitely not usually there.
Go onto your local police website or phone 101. Don’t hesitate to do it, it’s assholes like this who spread then bloody virus

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Well. I went a bit mad today and cut my hair. I feel like I’m going absolutely crazy being stuck in the house. I’ve not left my house since the 22nd.
How did it turn out , do you need to wear a hat for the next six weeks? Or are you a regular home hair cutter? There will be a lot of this going on 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’m not feeling well...

I’m finding myself attracted to a poorly Boris Johnson with a husky voice 😳😳😳

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
Not sure if this will just get lost in the thread but I’m really looking for advice on what to do next, I left my job on March 15th and was supposed to be starting a new job on Monday (April 6th) I know that under the furlough scheme my previous employer can rehire and furlough me but they are refusing to do this, can they refuse and is there anything else I can do? My understanding is that universal credit is very hard to get at the moment and I’d hate to take it away from someone else who needs it more.

Not sure if this will just get lost in the thread but I’m really looking for advice on what to do next, I left my job on March 15th and was supposed to be starting a new job on Monday (April 6th) I know that under the furlough scheme my previous employer can rehire and furlough me but they are refusing to do this, can they refuse and is there anything else I can do? My understanding is that universal credit is very hard to get at the moment and I’d hate to take it away from someone else who needs it more.
I think you should go to Citizens Advice, they were very helpful for me! I would recommend Universal Credit for the moment though, you wouldn't be taking it away from anyone as everyone will get what they're entitled to eventually through it. Best of luck x

Boredom level today.

My 4 Yr old son has discovered nostrils have hair
And i lost my cool when the kids messed up by bowling game ranking on some tit firestick game 🙄🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I think you should go to Citizens Advice, they were very helpful for me! I would recommend Universal Credit for the moment though, you wouldn't be taking it away from anyone as everyone will get what they're entitled to eventually through it. Best of luck x
Thank you so much for your help :) x

How did it turn out , do you need to wear a hat for the next six weeks? Or are you a regular home hair cutter? There will be a lot of this going on 😂
I’ve never done it before in my life. I watched so many YouTube videos and I think it’s ok!

Reactions: 3
I think a tougher lockdown has to be put in place. There's small businesses opening back up by me and the local pub, Al based on the fact that the closure is recommended and not actually forced or legal.

There's people on my street right now, talking to each other and the local kids on the green playing football again. Our schools would have broken up for Easter yesterday and people are treating like a normal Easter holiday.

It's not being taken seriously round here a d now my 12 year old wants to know why he can't go and join in football with his mates or walk to the park with them. Neighbour over the road has actively sent her kids out because she'd rather they caught tsllnee rather than later 🙄
It's not like chicken pox 😬
Our area seem to be taking things seriously thank god.

Reactions: 2

Yel

I heard someone call the radio with exactly this case and sadly no there's nothing you can do if your old employer doesn't want to re-employ to help you.

I wouldn't worry about UC, one more person is going to make little difference. It's not difficult to get, there's just a backlog of cases for them to go through.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.