Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is going to sound really bad but I almost feel I am becoming numb to the numbers reported of people having it /dying. Almost like how when a shooting is reported in the USA, it isn't surprising anymore? I think it's because I check that worldometer website and all I am seeing is numbers...there isn't a face to the people. Does that make sense? I think the situation is sad and awful but I'm just not surprised by the numbers anymore. I feel like I am going through many different emotions and phases to this virus.

Reactions: 14
I’ve never done it before in my life. I watched so many YouTube videos and I think it’s ok!
well done! I bet you feel like you’ve achieved something good. I’m going to colour my grey roots! I hope i have as much success.

Reactions: 4

Yel

This is going to sound really bad but I almost feel I am becoming numb to the numbers reported of people having it /dying. Almost like how when a shooting is reported in the USA, it isn't surprising anymore? I think it's because I check that worldometer website and all I am seeing is numbers...there isn't a face to the people. Does that make sense? I think the situation is sad and awful but I'm just not surprised by the numbers anymore.
That's to be expected. It's all scary when it's new and unknown, after a while people get used to it. This is what psychologists were saying from the start.

Let's face it the number of people that die from lifestyle related illnesses is millions a year, but some people still find it funny to joke about living off junk food and having no exercise.

Reactions: 6
I just had a nose through the very first thread... oh how we were naive to what was around the corner 💔

• Sad
Reactions: 16
This is going to sound really bad but I almost feel I am becoming numb to the numbers reported of people having it /dying. Almost like how when a shooting is reported in the USA, it isn't surprising anymore? I think it's because I check that worldometer website and all I am seeing is numbers...there isn't a face to the people. Does that make sense? I think the situation is sad and awful but I'm just not surprised by the numbers anymore. I feel like I am going through many different emotions and phases to this virus.
I think also because you can’t be sure of accuracy. We don’t know how many people have it/have had it/have some immunity to it. We don’t know in how many of them deaths would the people have died anyway (I know that’s sad and morbid to look at it like that) there are so many unknown things. We also know from other countries the numbers are going to go up. They’ve told us this so I think the fact we don’t find it shocking is normal. It may also be our minds way of coping. I certainly couldn’t have carried on in the way I was beginning of March. All I can personally do is follow the rules. I have to trust the rest will work out.

Has anyone else noticed the supermarkets don’t seem to be running as many offers right now? There’s things I always buy that are half price or whatever in at least one of the supermarkets each week on rotation but I seem to be seeing most things are full price right now. ???

Reactions: 11
I think also because you can’t be sure of accuracy. We don’t know how many people have it/have had it/have some immunity to it. We don’t know in how many of them deaths would the people have died anyway (I know that’s sad and morbid to look at it like that) there are so many unknown things. We also know from other countries the numbers are going to go up. They’ve told us this so I think the fact we don’t find it shocking is normal. It may also be our minds way of coping. I certainly couldn’t have carried on in the way I was beginning of March. All I can personally do is follow the rules. I have to trust the rest will work out.
Yes, I saw a BBC article shared on here about how there's a difference with dying from covid and dying with covid in the body. As in, some people have covid but also have terminal cancer and it is the terminal cancer they died from. But because covid was present, they've got to be included in the number of people that died.

Has anyone else noticed the supermarkets don’t seem to be running as many offers right now? There’s things I always buy that are half price or whatever in at least one of the supermarkets each week on rotation but I seem to be seeing most things are full price right now. ???
I noticed they’ve paused the personal offers on the Co Op app, not sure why

Yes, I saw a BBC article shared on here about how there's a difference with dying from covid and dying with covid in the body. As in, some people have covid but also have terminal cancer and it is the terminal cancer they died from. But because covid was present, they've got to be included in the number of people that died.
Yes that article was reassuring to read. It’s all very sad, any death is but I think we have to take the numbers with a pinch of salt. Especially China’s!!!

Reactions: 5
I saw someone say their child’s school teacher had spoke to them and said they are planning to start school again in June, obviously that could all change though!
Also I had an email from the National trust saying payments can be froze for 3 months, thought that may help someone ☺

Reactions: 1
I saw someone say their child’s school teacher had spoke to them and said they are planning to start school again in June, obviously that could all change though!
Also I had an email from the National trust saying payments can be froze for 3 months, thought that may help someone ☺
My sons teacher is just off the phone she said there's no end in sight

• Sad
We said this in Morrisons the other day ,no 3 for £9 meat, no offers on certain meats as they usually have and also saw a lot of things have been made more expensive ,I deliberately didn't buy anything I knew had been increased in price

Reactions: 3
My mums friend has got corona and her mum is In hospital on a ventilator 😪😪 when is this going to end

• Sad
Reactions: 15
We said this in Morrisons the other day ,no 3 for £9 meat, no offers on certain meats as they usually have and also saw a lot of things have been made more expensive ,I deliberately didn't buy anything I knew had been increased in price
Asda still doing 3 for £10 on some meats

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.