Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wasn't going to look but sky news alerted me...
568 deaths today. In line with Italy now unfortunately.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Scotland went from 76 to 126 deaths. I know a doctor working in Glasgow that said 2 days ago they had quite an increase in deaths 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 13
That’s such a tricky one, if he’s having treatment that frequently he’s a very vulnerable patient isn’t he. My guess is apart from cost cutting the number of staff available for transportation has also dropped. The concern is very valid and the other patient probably feels the same. The only other option I can think off is that you fund it yourselves (if money allows) and pay for a private taxi. If this is an option I would just check with the taxi company that this is something they would do.
Thank you.
It’s the other patients first week of treatment so his family must be besides themselves with the timing.
Dad is an old hand at it.
Yes, I did think about funding a taxi ourselves. It would cost around £90 per week so not cheap but doable in the short term. However, the hospital transport drivers have to help my dad in and out of the house so I’m not sure if an ordinary taxi driver would be willing to do that due to social distancing. Also, due to his disability, he is unable to sit in the back of the vehicle so again, an ordinary taxi driver may not want him up front with him which I totally understand.
My dad is wearing a mask and gloves for the journey so he is doing all he can to keep himself and the driver safe, I just hadn't bargained on another patient being thrown into the mix.
I think it’s just going to be a case of hoping that the other patient and his family are self isolating as much as possible too.
It’s so hard to comprehend that the treatment that keeps him alive could indirectly be the very thing that kills him.
It’s an impossible situation.
Stay safe all and thanks for reading my ramblings. 😳

• Sad
Reactions: 5
1100 in 2 days 😳😳

I honestly believed yesterday was a one off high figure but today hasn't really backed that up.
We are potentially looking at horrifying figures if we continue like this even if its only until the effects of the lockdown show improvement in 2wks time. That's 2wks of shocking daily figures

We will probably surpass China's total by the end of the week

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
People honestly baffle me.

My partner is a fitter for a big company fitting bathrooms and kitchens. He was meant to finish last Friday, he’s self employed we was willing to take the hit- we’ve still got a few more payments from jobs coming in and also tax rebate for this year (19/20) fingers crossed. And just manage till June when the help for the self employed comes in.

Anyway a customer who was told their kitchen was gonna be put back a few weeks due to this. Has now kicked off ripped his own kitchen out so no he HAS to have a kitchen put in just the minimal for health and safety so now my partner is back at work again.

Another one, someone I know has a little boy born prematurely... he’s doing amazing and is now 18 months old. His mum is a nurse in a hospital. Was anxious of going to work because her little one still has problems with his chest and has been rushed to hospital many times. So she’s been signed off work due to stress and anxiety which I 100% understand and backed her up on it.
However yesterday she was out all day with him... in various shops visiting family members. I can’t understand that!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 24
1100 in 2 days 😳😳

I honestly believed yesterday was a one off high figure but today hasn't really backed that up.
We are potentially looking at horrifying figures if we continue like this even if its only until the effects of the lockdown show improvement in 2wks time. That's 2wks of shocking daily figures

I dread the death figure each day.
Anyone getting paranoid if they cough?

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Ok so I've just got back from shopping hardly anyone had masks or gloves on :oops: is this because the GOV keep saying we dont need them? .There was some pasta :m but still no hand wash, anti bac wipes and hardly any eggs.

Reactions: 8
I haven’t left the house for nearly 3 weeks now... I’m debating taking the kids for a little walk where we live is pretty quiet.

I’m anxious just putting something in bin outside!

I feel like my mental health has plummeted :(

• Sad
Reactions: 19
People honestly baffle me.

My partner is a fitter for a big company fitting bathrooms and kitchens. He was meant to finish last Friday, he’s self employed we was willing to take the hit- we’ve still got a few more payments from jobs coming in and also tax rebate for this year (19/20) fingers crossed. And just manage till June when the help for the self employed comes in.

Anyway a customer who was told their kitchen was gonna be put back a few weeks due to this. Has now kicked off ripped his own kitchen out so no he HAS to have a kitchen put in just the minimal for health and safety so now my partner is back at work again.

Another one, someone I know has a little boy born prematurely... he’s doing amazing and is now 18 months old. His mum is a nurse in a hospital. Was anxious of going to work because her little one still has problems with his chest and has been rushed to hospital many times. So she’s been signed off work due to stress and anxiety which I 100% understand and backed her up on it.
However yesterday she was out all day with him... in various shops visiting family members. I can’t understand that!
If he ripped it out himself after he knew your partner wasn’t coming, I’d say tough. Why are people being so selfish and irresponsible?

Reactions: 16
[
I wasn't going to look but sky news alerted me...
568 deaths today. In line with Italy now unfortunately.
Edit 569 (got another notification off sky news, really need to turn it off now!)

Scotland went from 76 to 126 deaths. I know a doctor working in Glasgow that said 2 days ago they had quite an increase in deaths 😔
This scares me as I went on business to Glasgow recently and stayed over. I never leave my town usually but typically I travelled all over the north for 10 days. I'm staying home for another 2 weeks minimum to feel 100% better, realistically I should be able to venture out in a few days, though I think my chest is telling me otherwise anyway.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
1100 in 2 days 😳😳

No one believes China's death figures. You can easily multiply them by 10.

Reactions: 19
The Scottish figures of 50 are 10 since yesterday, and 40 previously undisclosed deaths from before yesterday. 😢

No one believes China's death figures. You can easily multiply them by 10.
That’s what I find so scary. I admit I didn’t have much of an interest at China’s worst point, typically living in my own bubble thinking I’d never have to worry about it. I heard about what was happening there but still believed their figures were vaguely accurate. Now it’s undeniable that they are not and the only reliable (?) figures are coming from countries that are only a couple of weeks ahead of us. We have little idea what’s coming

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.