Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My husband has just finished a bathroom he started it was nightmare as most of the merchants are shut. Hes had to delay the rest of his customers.

On another note my best friend has just told me her brother has been released from prison to free up space due to corona. hes very dangerous and now im worried about all these prisoners they are letting out early.
Yes they've let out prisoners here too...but they said they're not high risk offenders ,that they were weeks away from release anyway.. (but a prisoner's a prisoner) ffs..

Reactions: 3
From a skype call with my mother. Her best friend's daughter (with 10 kids not the 9 I thought) has tested positive.

They also let out around 10,000 prisoners in Iran. My Iranian friend said over there you can also get put in prison for not paying your debts.

But these days you can also get away with murder in the UK if your rich enough.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Spain’s death toll today is heartbreaking. I really feel for the doctors and nurses everywhere who are putting their all into helping just to be faced with these figures. I know there’s a lot of positive stories out there and they do see people recover too, but I also wouldn’t blame them for feeling hopeless

• Sad
Reactions: 8
My Uncle has had Covid-19. I have just found out and he was keeping it quiet because he didn’t want to worry anyone. He lives with his partner and so far his partner has not displayed any symptoms. They have been distancing as much as they possibly could. Their house is set up in a way where they would have to share the bathroom and kitchen.

My Uncle had full body aches and pains, a cough, temperature and over the weekend was struggling to breathe. I think he was very frightened. He feels much better now so I hope this means that it really is over and won’t come back with a vengeance later.

He didn’t get tested to confirm that he had it but it does sound like it as these symptoms were over the course of 12 days. He obviously didn’t leave the house.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I can't help but feel watching Italy and Spains progress every day (or lack of) we are seeing our future play out

Scary scary times

This Sky news video should be sent to anyone that's still not taking this seriously and thinks we won't be like Italy or Spain.
View attachment 102894
bUt lOoK aT hOw mAnY dIE fRom Flu EveRy YeAR.......
We AreNt aS bAd As oThEr CoUnTrIes 😐
“We have it totally under control....”
(Well that’s just trump)

🙄🙄🙄🙄

Totally just wanted to use the eye rolling dog. 😐

• Haha
Eddie Large has died in hospital. He had tested positive for COVID19.
And yes he did have ”underlying health conditions” before anyone throws that at me.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Eddie Large dies with the virus :(

And yes he did have ”underlying health conditions” before anyone throws that at me.
just saw that :(

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I will not cause the thread to get upset...

defiantly not going to remind everyone that the same people clapping are probably the same people meeting their mates tomorrow in a park and spreading that coco tit everywhere.
defiantly not going to point out this is for Instagram/social media and nothing more.

not doing that today. Not at all.
(Personal fav was Mrs Meldrum squeezing out a year with the camera on herself)

AE392ADC-B715-4E24-A213-5642DEF42211.jpeg

Reactions: 12
From a skype call with my mother. Her best friend's daughter (with 10 kids not the 9 I thought) has tested positive.

They also let out around 10,000 prisoners in Iran. My Iranian friend said over there you can also get put in prison for not paying your debts.

But these days you can also get away with murder in the UK if your rich enough.

Or American..

@sasbeep - I couldn't quote your post from the old thread. I am still working - I'm a legal secretary in a solicitors office. We have been told the reason we're still operating is because we offer a Will service so count as essential! Unfortunately my firm does not have the IT infrastructure to allow us to work from home (we have no laptops, not set up for remote connection etc - the firm is quite archaic unfortunately) so we still have to come to the office.
My husband is still working as he’s an electrician within the food production industry! 🙈

• Sad
Reactions: 2
950 deaths in Spain? Is this correct? I can’t keep up anymore 😞

“It’s the country's third consecutive day of record death totals, with 849 dead on Tuesday, 864 killed Wednesday and now 950 dying between Wednesday and today”

“On March 1st the number of deaths in Spain was 0. There had been just 41 deaths in Italy.
In a month 23000 have died in those countries”

“The new Spanish death toll also takes country's total fatalities above 10,000, from 9,053 on Wednesday to 10,003 on Thursday. The number of new cases also increased by 8,102 in the last 24 hours, from 102,136 to 110,238”

staggering.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Does anyone know what the cough is like? Was just on video call to my dad and he was coughing though it did sound a bit phlegmy rather than dry, now I'm panicking!

950 deaths in Spain? Is this correct? I can’t keep up anymore 😞

“It’s the country's third consecutive day of record death totals, with 849 dead on Tuesday, 864 killed Wednesday and now 950 dying between Wednesday and today”

“On March 1st the number of deaths in Spain was 0. There had been just 41 deaths in Italy.
In a month 23000 have died in those countries”
We're going to be locked down till there's a vaccine no doubt about it :(

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I would appreciate your thoughts on this please...

My dad has to have hospital treatment 3 times a week. He gets there and back via hospital transport which is either a taxi or a small ambulance. He usually travels alone.
However, yesterday they collected another patient and, going forward, this will be the new arrangement.
Am I right to be concerned that they are travelling in close proximity (albeit as far apart as they can sit) in the same vehicle?
They are mixing 2 households so if one is carrying it, then it is highly likely that the other will catch it.

I know this is a cost cutting exercise for the company and also that they are most likely overstretched at the moment but if my dad catches this, he will most likely die.

This transport service is not run by the NHS but is outsourced to another company.

If I’m overreacting please say because it is hard for me to remain impartial when it comes to my dad.
He should not be leaving the house at all with his health conditions but as he has no choice I want him to have contact with as few as people as possible.

Thanks for reading.

• Sad
Reactions: 5

Yel

If the coronavirus was an infuencer it would be getting itself ready for a 1m selfie 😔

verfified-z.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Yes he had heart failure and contracted covid19 while in hospital for treatment of his heart. He had previously had a heart transplant.

• Sad
Reactions: 7

Yel

Doing that would kill far more people than the virus, once they've ramped up all the temporary beds I think things will have to start to reopen. We could still be years away from a vaccine. I think people with compromised health might have to self isolate until vaccine without but the whole nation just can't do that without serious repercussions.

Reactions: 18
It’s worrying to see numbers are still so high, the word “peak” “peak” “flattening the curve” are being thrown around but the reality is we’re set to see numbers like this for a long time in many more countries.

I genuinely want to mute the word “peak” at this point. 🤦‍♀️

Does anyone know what the cough is like? Was just on video call to my dad and he was coughing though it did sound a bit phlegmy rather than dry, now I'm panicking!
They have said a dry cough won’t produce phlegm or mucus.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.