Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The true toll of deaths across England and Wales from Covid-19 is higher than reports from hospitals suggest, according to new figures.

Data from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) for England and Wales shows there were 24% more deaths relating to Covid-19 up to and including 20 March, compared to hospital-only data for the same period.

So what are the real numbers...everywhere, not just in the U.K.
I dread to think.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Slightly off topic, I need to buy a new car, do you think garages will/would drop prices of used cars? Can I even buy one atm?

It's easy to see why people say Cuomo is running the states response to COVID-19. He seems transparent and clearly delivers a planned speach. The sides are pretty useful.

Reactions: 3
I certainly won’t be calming down any time soon. I’ve posted before saying I’m worried due to my BMI and also having psoriasis. I’ve had a wheezy chest since January, only every now and then but enough to freak me out now. Rang my Dr this morning who said in the normal run of things they’d let it run it’s course but they’re being overly cautious now so have prescribed me antibiotics and an inhaler. Quite relieved as I was worried if I do get Covid 19 I’d be off to a bad start with an already wheezy chest.

The premiership are pushing for the go ahead in may, apparently if they don't sort themselves out soon they lose money from sky and by TV. I think it's ridiculous everyone else is taking a massive pay hit, why can't they. These people make weekly what most normal people can only dream off after lotto win. I think Boris should step in a ban any sports till after the summer and stop then from trying to take it on themselves. If some football teams don't survive well that's that. Their bosses should have insured them properly against all and any issues. I know we could say the same for us, but we don't make billions everytime we walk out the door. I really think some people need to give themselves a wobble and think of the bigger picture.

Anyone else really struggling with all of this? I’m supposed to be working from home but can’t bring myself to do anything :(
All I’m doing is eating myself silly and sleeping. Does anyone have a routine I can follow to keep me motivated? I don’t want to get into trouble with work for not doing much, especially when my anxiety is so high.
Try and keep your normal routine, get up, get showered dressed, get whatever breakfast you have and go to work, make a pack up or arrange something to have a lunch time so it mirriord your normal lunch and then log off when you normally log off. I have been keeping to my routine and it's working

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
The premiership are pushing for the go ahead in may, apparently if they don't sort themselves out soon they lose money from sky and by TV. I think it's ridiculous everyone else is taking a massive pay hit, why can't they. These people make weekly what most normal people can only dream off after lotto win. I think Boris should step in a ban any sports till after the summer and stop then from trying to take it on themselves. If some football teams don't survive well that's that. Their bosses should have insured them properly against all and any issues. I know we could say the same for us, but we don't make billions everytime we walk out the door. I really think some people need to give themselves a wobble and think of the bigger picture.

Try and keep your normal routine, get up, get showered dressed, get whatever breakfast you have and go to work, make a pack up or arrange something to have a lunch time so it mirriord your normal lunch and then log off when you normally log off. I have been keeping to my routine and it's working
Our friends son is a premier league footballer, I won’t say who as it’s too outing. He is also team captain. They were all asked to take a pay cut to 50% of their wages, to be paid at a later date. Only four in the team agreed. This is a true story.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 26
Well now looks like I might have a case of 'The Corona'... impossible to know where from when we are only 7d into social distancing, and before that I was in an office of 90 people! Ironically I work in healthcare and was sent home because I'm a fairly high risk asthmatic. I'm surviving ok so far, feels like I have an iron band round my chest but my Oxygen is fine. Just feel really tired, but not sleepy. I'm lying in bed and I'm so bored I want to go back to work! :LOL:

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Anyone else really struggling with all of this? I’m supposed to be working from home but can’t bring myself to do anything :(
All I’m doing is eating myself silly and sleeping. Does anyone have a routine I can follow to keep me motivated? I don’t want to get into trouble with work for not doing much, especially when my anxiety is so high.
You need to find a good balance.
Get dressed as you would for work.
Create a work space if you can, that you use for work and work only.
Set yourself realistic hours you want to actively work each day.
If you struggle in the morning, set that as downtime and schedule in yourself extra working time in the afternoon.
Fit in regular breaks to step outside and get some fresh air.
Write a list the night before of what you want to get done the next day - put it somewhere you can see it and cross them off as you do them.
Set yourself time when you check SM & the news on the morning and once in the afternoon to stop you becoming consumed by it and then set your phone aside in a different room.

Reactions: 4
Anyone else cancelling their national trust membership? They won't be freezing memberships and carry on taking money while everywhere is closed.

I think I'm going to, seems a bit cheeky to keep taking money.
I will be now. What a cheek. They should be offering a freebie to existing members not ripping them off.

Reactions: 4
I'm starting to wonder if I've already had this without realising. Back in late Jan/early Feb I had something nasty, was coughing, struggling to breath and then had an agonising 3 day headache. Took me two weeks to start feeling better. Of course could have been another virus! But my husband didn't catch whatever it was I had.

I was also reading an interesting article today about how the BCG vaccine may help protect against it.

It must be so hard to sign as people talk. It blows my mind watching them as they have to listen and then sign it’s so clever!

Reactions: 8
Hi all! Struggling a bit today. Realistically I think on Easter Monday no restrictions will be lifted. I think it will stay much the same. I’m hoping 3 weeks after that they at least lift the restriction on seeing family and friends. I’m struggling and it’s only been a week. My husband still at work so on my own with a 3 year old for 12 hours a day. Just finding it a bit tough but I know people have it worse
Honestly I feel the same, my husband is still working (hgv mechanic) and they have changed his hours (used to work shift work) now he's working 8am - 6pm he only sees our son for 30mins a day, I'm at home.with a 5 month old and I am going out of my mind really wish I could see my mum being on my own is really starting to affect me like you I know others have it worse I can't complain

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I get quite offended by the term jet2 trashy holidays.

We go package holidays with jet2 and Tui and they aren't trashy.

I've seen people acton

I love our jet2 holidays. And our Tui holidays, neither of which are trashy.

But saying that, I love people assuming they are trashy because it keeps them away from some holiday destinations and stops them ruining it by turning it pretentious and unaffordable.

I'd be gutted to lose my three weeks in Spain!
I love Jet2, had a terrific holiday last year care of them.

.gwan chris
The typical idiocy of people not knowing how important this guy is v the idols they put on pedestals, a footballer might have great looks but as we’ve established in the last few weeks their contribution to the way the world is running right now is v v low (appreciate that they have their place etc but in the grand scheme we could live without them)🤯

hope he gets a knighthood or whatever the queen does for people that do all good thing for us, for all he’s done in this effort once this is all over

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Hi all! Struggling a bit today. Realistically I think on Easter Monday no restrictions will be lifted. I think it will stay much the same. I’m hoping 3 weeks after that they at least lift the restriction on seeing family and friends. I’m struggling and it’s only been a week. My husband still at work so on my own with a 3 year old for 12 hours a day. Just finding it a bit tough but I know people have it worse
I'm in the same boat. Me and a 3 yr old and trying to work from home (althou that said we have very very little needing done and are only doing urgent things).
I feel like I'm running out of things to entertain my son and feel bad when we sit on the sofa and watch movies (even though really who gives a stuff, all rules out the window). I've been trying to not even think too far ahead, literally thinking only about the day in front of me cos I know I will get overwhelmed otherwise!

Reactions: 5
You could try something like a hello fresh box maybe? Just so you know they're definitely getting enough fresh food for decent meals. Good luck sorting something x
Hi there, have you tried their local co op? Or local convenience store near them? I have been ordering online for my elderly aunt who lives in a different part of the country from a co op near her, go on co op online delivery and put in the post code to check. Usually you get a slot within a day or two. If not I noticed our local convenience store /post office are delivering to people in need, taking orders over the phone.. You never know have a ring around. Hope you sort something out lovely xx

Reactions: 5
You could try something like a hello fresh box maybe? Just so you know they're definitely getting enough fresh food for decent meals. Good luck sorting something x
I got lucky with an Iceland home delivery for my elderly parents today. Really wasn’t expecting any luck

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.