Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw earlier anyone with that houseparty app delete ASAP, as it was stealing peoples data and one's couldn't get into their online banking etc..so feck off is right

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Being a PIP claimant myself feel awful for the people waiting to be assessed won't get that for least weeks quite possibly months, there's a massive knock on effect as well as those waiting after think its 16 weeks for their ESA claims to be assessed as well, though anyone having them reassessed with PIP I think it is possibly ESA with it are going to have that for an extra 3 months not sure about existing claims that exceed that.

Reactions: 6
I saw earlier anyone with that houseparty app delete ASAP, as it was stealing peoples data and one's couldn't get into their online banking etc..so feck off is right
I was asked to FaceTime when I said I wasn’t downloading any apps. Apparently it has games!!!
You might as well tell me it has a built in electric shock option that kills you dead in 3 seconds flat.

you would think anyone who has my number knows me well enough to know I’d rather go lick a shopping trolley than talk to people IN PERSON in the evening.

If I like you enough to give you my real number count yourself lucky and don’t push it

Reactions: 22
There is an influencer called TheLauraBlair and she has coronavirus. She shared a video on her page of what it is like and she can barely catch her breath while talking. It is so scary.
That's exactly what I was like over new year. The cough was horrendous. I couldn't catch my breath. I ended up at a walk in centre because my GP couldn't fit me in. I genuinely considered attending A and E and I'm doctor avoidant usually.

I was very frightened if I'm honest. It was very unpleasant. I was told my chest was crackly and given antibiotics because I also had an ear infection but the doctor felt they could help my chest too.

Interestingly I also totally lost my sense of taste and smell. I was most put out by this once I was hungry again because I couldn't enjoy all of the rapidly going out of date Christmas food I'd bought.

Obviously I have no idea if it was Covid-19 or just a bog standard virus but I sort of hope it was. It was bad and I have no wish to repeat it and certainly not to a worse extent!

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
It met it's match in you then

Reactions: 1
I read but don’t post much but just wanted to say how much you have all helped me. Like a lot of others I have anxiety and actually have diagnosed PTSD and health anxiety from a previous operation that went very wrong. Normally I live in my happy bubble where I avoid all news particularly medical, but getting the facts and info from you guys in a level headed way, with the odd joke thrown in, has helped me cope so far, and stay informed. I have been self isolating since Thursday with COVID symptoms (dry cough, sore throat, headache, breathless) and although Thursday night I was hysterical and was planning my will.... the symptoms haven’t got any worse, and I am calm resting, and reading the facts here has kept me fairly level headed.

Reactions: 37
If any of you are NHS Uber eats are offering free meals and rides to staff.

Reactions: 10
LOL naww bet you're hilarious made me laugh a few times certainly on here, take that as a compliment lol

Interestingly I also totally lost my sense of taste and smell

Obviously I have no idea if it was Covid-19
Yeah is a categorical symptom at times of it that (though not everyone gets all of them), and smell and taste are highly closely linked as well

Reactions: 4
Not Eileen Dunne and Marty Whelan surely I didn’t think tiktok was their thing and Ryan Tubridy has the Covid

My cousin believes she has had COVID over the New Year too. Described all the symptoms including loss of taste and smell and it knocked her out for two weeks however she said no one in her immediate family got it as she was mostly in her room and had an ensuite. couldn't make it down the 3 flights of stairs until the very last day of bug bc she would be winded and sweating by a few steps.

Reactions: 8
I'm very tired. I read that as "full of people dogging." Was rather shocked at your choice of location, not to mention the lack of social distancing

Reactions: 24
personally i just hope we all live through this to do all that.

theres a vulnerable list and an extremely vulnerable list

Not Eileen Dunne and Marty Whelan surely I didn’t think tiktok was their thing and Ryan Tubridy has the Covid
Only the Irish would change this virus to “the corona” or “the Covid”

oh poor Ryan, he’s fierce bad with the Covid the poor dote...I hope Marion doesn’t get it, did you see her with that young lad Simon on Friday night, he’s a lovely lad, looks a bit tired though god love him, hope he doesn’t get the Covid now...”

edit... she’s still in the shed
Never trust a woman with a shed that clean. #Homebase #D4

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
No one else in my house caught it either. Not even a sniffle. Whatever virus it was came from a relative who came round at Xmas. They cheerily announced we shouldn't get too close as we were hugging them because they'd been terribly ill for the last fortnight with a nasty, lingering, chesty virus. [Oh really, then why the chuff are you here eating my cheese?!].

It's weird to think that was a perfectly reasonable thing to utter to someone so casually. Those days are gone! (Thank goodness, shudder).

Reactions: 14
Imagine if it's sweeping through RTE It'll be a dinosaur situation #Rteextinctionrex ,and even the ex presenters couldn't come back without a carer in tow..they're fooked

Reactions: 3
Granted it's at night but my BT provided Openreach as such Plusnet connection keeps dropping out lol, four times in the past 24 hours must be a nightmare for people relying on a connection to their work yeah not all people have to connect to some form of VPN (know Natwest employee's who are given a laptop have that to connect to their VPN) but with a system I use for doing potential freelance work makes it a massive hindrance all the same to update well its a bit technical but a platform for developing web systems lol

Moscow is preparing to lockdown over the virus 1100 infected 17 of them children..did someone not say Russia had no cases?

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.