Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You can go on later to add/remove items, provided you can get on the site!
I just did a full order and checkout in case I can’t get back on the site. My delivery is not for 3 weeks so I’ve no idea what I’ll exactly need then, but I didn’t want to take the risk of not being able to amend due to queues.
Yes, I have an Ocado account and had booked a delivery for the 19 March way before this problem kicked off. I had some things in the basket and had checked out about ten days before but when I tried to get back in to further edit and add about five days before the delivery date, it was impossible. I did gain access after 4 hours! but could not add or delete anything. I called them and they weren’t answering the phone. My order arrived but it was lacking in what I would have added.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
It's just unbelievable, I know I shouldn't watch the full two hours but it's so watchable.

And we're only in the early stages of this all, it's a car crash I can't stop watching. I won't be going to bed next time he comes on live
it feels a bit wrong saying I “enjoy it”.... because it is SO bleeping wrong!

But it’s so crazy I can’t not watch him every time he’s speaking 😐

Reactions: 3
We’ve just posted similar 🤣😂
At this point I have no words to add, its all bleeping crazy!!
Trump just keeps getting worse, he is attacking journalists when the focus of the world is on him, accusing the very people trying to keep the number of deaths down instead of appreciating them-okay, don't give them a clap but don't call them thieves while making yourself look stupid not getting the need for more PPE and then he undermines his own advisors and governors. It's car crash...then horrifying when you realise it's not like The Apprentice, this is the real life leader of the free world!

• Angry
Reactions: 10
The thought of 6 months like this is literally making me cry 😩 my kids are climbing the walls, there’s only so much you can do with them, my anxiety is through the roof, and I know it’s really shallow and pretty crappy to be upset about it, but we have a holiday booked (uk) in August, the first real holiday for ages and we were literally living for that holiday atm, the last 3/4 years have been completely tit, 2020 was supposed to be better 😩😩
We have a holiday booked too was originally for March we’ve moved it to end of July but I can’t get excited because who knows what’s gonna happen. I totally get how you feel you’re living for it because that’s exactly how I feel it was the one thing I’ve been looking forward to lol.

Ive woke up this morning to find my partner has taken the kids in the car to his parents to pick up some oil for the lawn mower... they don’t live locally it’s about a 40minute journey. He says they won’t be getting out the car or going in their house everyone will be distanced.... I feel like this is wrong but they’ve gone now not much I can do. His reasoning was to get the children out of the house for a change of scenery which I get but I’m worried he’s going to get stopped! I don’t understand why he’s gone all the way there for lawn mower oil/fuel. Hope the neighbours aren’t spying and judging.

Last edited:
Just got back from Sainsburys, it was so quiet and it's 2 floors (biggest in the UK I think).
No queue to get in, did the scan and shop thing and chucked everything under the pushchair as I walked around.
Got everything I needed and was in and out in 25mins.
Good for 2 weeks asides from fruit and veg which I get delivered from a small company.
The relief is something else.
Even did a good deed and paid for someone else's shopping because they couldn't afford it and were putting items back.
❤☺

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I live in a small town so I think the chance of me being stopped are minimal but I also do want to comply with the advice we’re being given!! I don’t see the harm if I’m on my own in my own car and not getting out at any point! Also massively would help with the cabin fever!
Yes sorry I didn’t mean if you’re not going to get caught you can do it.... but in terms of risk I can’t see how it adds to the risk as you won’t be in contact with anybody else

My mum is currently recieving end of life care and the thought of what we have ahead is heartbreaking. We know there is a huge chance she won’t be here by time this lockdown finishes and we will be planning a funeral with only immediate family.
As a family we have made the decision that we will continue to visit her. I couldn’t imagine not seeing her daily in this time. Our neighbours that don’t know our situation are no doubt speaking about us but at this moment I honestly couldn’t care what they think.
I’m so sorry for your situation. I would do exactly the same in your shoes. It doesn’t matter what the neighbours think. In two years time they’ll have no recollection of this but this time with your mum will stay with you forever. Take care x

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Trump just keeps getting worse, he is attacking journalists when the focus of the world is on him, accusing the very people trying to keep the number of deaths down instead of appreciating them-okay, don't give them a clap but don't call them thieves while making yourself look stupid not getting the need for more PPE and then he undermines his own advisors and governors. It's car crash...then horrifying when you realise it's not like The Apprentice, this is the real life leader of the free world!
I think the fact he's from the bleeping apprentice is what makes me forget the power he has right now. 🤦‍♀️
add his Twitter into the mix and it really does feel like he’s a parody president.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
it feels a bit wrong saying I “enjoy it”.... because it is SO bleeping wrong!

But it’s so crazy I can’t not watch him every time he’s speaking 😐
Same, I have to watch it and think it's so entertaining. Then remember it's real life 😑

It was funny him lying and calling the apprentice the number 1 show on television when it wasn't even the number 1 show on that channel on that day.

That said there's lots of checks and balances so I'm not sure how different it would be with someone less absurd.

Has anybody on here noticed any of their neighbours completely ignoring the rules etc? I've seen very little of it where I'm from, but we're only a small town on the East coast.

Also spoke to my husbands aunt this weekend. She’s told us that germs can live on paper for 2 hours and to not touch the post when it comes for 2 hours.
Is this true? She also told my husband grandad the virus is airborne so he doesn’t go out which we have 100% debunked for him 🙈
On the news the other day they did a Q&A with a GP and a Professor and they said it doesn’t live on paper so no harm with mail or newspapers.

Reactions: 5
I personally don't think there is anything wrong going for a drive in your car. Also its not airborn so are we wearing masks in case someone coughs or sneezes?
It’s no about the virus spreading, it’s about the possibility of crashing/breaking down, needing fuel and creating congestion. It’s an unnecessary pull on resources.

Yes sorry I didn’t mean if you’re not going to get caught you can do it.... but in terms of risk I can’t see how it adds to the risk as you won’t be in contact with anybody else

I’m so sorry for your situation. I would do exactly the same in your shoes. It doesn’t matter what the neighbours think. In two years time they’ll have no recollection of this but this time with your mum will stay with you forever. Take care x
Thank you.
It gets so hard to remember we are doing what is right for our family in this situation when all around us people are getting shamed. I would love to not see my mum for these 12 weeks knowing at the end we have all the time in the world to make memories but that isn’t the case 💔
Totally puts everything into perspective

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Just got back from Sainsburys, it was so quiet and it's 2 floors (biggest in the UK I think).
No queue to get in, did the scan and shop thing and chucked everything under the pushchair as I walked around.
Got everything I needed and was in and out in 25mins.
Good for 2 weeks asides from fruit and veg which I get delivered from a small company.
The relief is something else.
Even did a good deed and paid for someone else's shopping because they couldn't afford it and were putting items back.
❤☺
ooh that’s a nice post. Pleased it was stress free and you did a good deed too. You should have a little spring in your step.

My mum is currently recieving end of life care and the thought of what we have ahead is heartbreaking. We know there is a huge chance she won’t be here by time this lockdown finishes and we will be planning a funeral with only immediate family.
As a family we have made the decision that we will continue to visit her. I couldn’t imagine not seeing her daily in this time. Our neighbours that don’t know our situation are no doubt speaking about us but at this moment I honestly couldn’t care what they think.
Thinking of you and sending you lots of love x

Reactions: 4
ooh that’s a nice post. Pleased it was stress free and you did a good deed too. You should have a little spring in your step.
Definitely do.
One less thing to worry about.

London is notorious for people being ignorant and rude but it was the first time that I've been out and although distance was respected, people were nodding and smiling at each other.
Was a real 'We're all in this together' kind of feel. Which is odd for round here.

P. S. Sorry to anyone now singing high-school musical. 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Definitely do.

London is notorious for people being ignorant and rude but it was the first time that I've been out and although distance was respected, people were nodding and smiling at each other.
Was a real 'We're all in this together' kind of feel. Which is odd for round here.

I’m totally singing it and I’ve never even seen it 😂

• Haha
It's a nursery, we can't work 2 metres apart, especially not with 2 and 3 year olds. I'm really shocked they are opening to be honest. We've been told 12 weeks at least and when I told her this, she said the Government have no control as its a private day nursery. They are in today and tomorrow to clean and set the rooms up and apparently all children are returning on Wednesday, not just key children.

We were open last week for just key children, had 20 a day booked in and no more than 10 showed up so we made the decision to close but she's saying they've made the decision as they are not full but people are starting to tire of entertaining the children so they are hoping they will become full through this.
I cant believe parents will be putting their children in?! Not 1 of the children at the nursery attatched to our school has taken a place, some people are so irresponsible.

Do they not realise pubs etc are also private run but have been forced to close. I'm sure the opening wont last long and I wouldn't be surprised if they received a fine for so blatantly breaking the rules

Reactions: 4
Definitely do.

high school musical! Pleased I don’t live next door 😂😂just kidding

• Haha
Definitely do.

I must obviously live in a different part of London!!! Some real idiots around here. Look at you like you are a weirdo when you keep distance.
Was in iceland yesterday as the only shop without a long queue and at the end of coveyor belt was a member of staff just standing there.I said excuse me its supposed to be 2m apart. He said "its ok i work here"!!!. I told him thats not how it works. He then deliberatly tried to lean on me!!! Now i no why i never shop in iceland!!! Just 1 of many encounters of ignorant/rude people. What is wrong with people. Are they that stupid and arrogant to think it wont affect them!!!!😐

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.