Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else struggling with their teenage/adult kids? I have a 19 yo and 22 yo and they have been in since lockdown but both snuck out separately yesterday to meet a friend/boyfriend. Not happy as my husband and one of those kids are both vulnerable (congenital heart conditions/valve replacement/pacemaker/leaking valve/cardiac arrest), I have allergy related asthma. We've not been told yet they are extremely vulnerable but will be calling the GP tomorrow to confirm. Ive told them if they cant stick to the rules they will have to find somewhere else to live but we just dont know what else to do.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I'm O rhesus negative blood type? My friends' gran told me I'm most likely to contract covid 19. I'm yet to see this advice anywhere, had anyone else heard this? I'm a new member so forgive me if this is the wrong thread.
Funny I'm O negative too and was saying the other day since theres the theory that negative blood is actually alien I wonder if we're immune I'd take that as proof haha

Reactions: 2
After reading about the ASOS warehouse situation yesterday, does anyone know of a company that have good measures in place to protect their staff that you can still order from? My 7 year old has outgrown most of his clothes and all of his trainers so I really need to order him some basics.

The employed get 80% of their wages paid, the self employed can claim 80% of their wages back, the unemployed can still claim their benefits. People who started a new job in March get absolutely nothing and have no income. The furlough scheme needs amending immediately
I thought your old employer was supposed to put you back on their books so you can claim? He/she is obviously not following the rules. You need to report the company.

Yesterday I dropped off food to my mother in law who is in her 70’s on her doorstep. We didn’t see each other. I rang to tell her I was coming so she knew when it would be there.
Yesterday I also dropped off food for my dad. He is disabled so I got him to open a window, whilst I stood back, then he moved away so that I could drop the bags in. Told him I loved him, then I pushed the window closed for him to lock.

Is either your mum or anyone in your household in the vulnerable group? If so, and she got stopped then that’s fine.
Or if your mum is in the vulnerable group, then you could drive to hers and leave food on her doorstep and theoretically at the same time collect a bag that’s left out. If you’re all fit and healthy, I think it’s a grey area but it’s actually safer for you to get shopping from her doorstep or she leaves it on yours than to go shopping yourself. It’s just if she gets stopped then her journey might be classed as non essential if nobody is in the vulnerable group.
We've been doing 2 old ladies shopping for them as they cannot get out and putting it on the doorsteps for them ,you've got to help those who can't help themselves at times like this

• Heart
Reactions: 8
After reading about the ASOS warehouse situation yesterday, does anyone know of a company that have good measures in place to protect their staff that you can still order from? My 7 year old has outgrown most of his clothes and all of his trainers so I really need to order him some basics.
May be worth trying to pick up bits when doing your weekly shop. Sainsbury’s, tescos, Asda etc have clothing departments x

Reactions: 7
Yep my girl is 5 this October and we’re meant to be hearing on April 16th, have the places already been decided so it’s just an email being sent out or are they still doing it? Will the other kids end up being held back a year? I so wish there was more information about schooling
I'm hoping the other kids will be held back, my daughter started reception in September, she turned 4 at the end of August and I wanted to delay her entry till she turned 5 but the school talked me out of it and now shes potentially going to miss a whole half a year of school 😩

Was this in Tesco or different stores?
I have seen an influencer who works in Tesco post about buying a lot of cheese that was greatly reduced but not seen anyone else mention the reduced foods...apart from vegan foods.

What time do you go shopping? Maybe there are less queues in the evening if more people go shopping in the morning thinking that items will sell out?

Now I want chocolate cake 😂
If the chocolate cake was reduced you’ve no chance 😂

• Haha
May be worth trying to pick up bits when doing your weekly shop. Sainsbury’s, tescos, Asda etc have clothing departments x
Thank you. Was just worried about that as I've heard some shops aren't letting children in and it's just the two of us, no car to leave him in either.

Reactions: 3
I think in the grand scheme of things training and holidays booked are the very thin end of the wedge.

Schools are being kept open with a skeleton staff on rotation for childcare.

I think it's possible they'll be open for a few more weeks in the summer. But like everything with the virus so little is known.
Yes but imagine if things just start to return to normal and the school's announced they will be open over the summer and those who had plans need to cancel them it would just extend the chaos and I imagine people wouldn't get money back from trips (teachers and students) and would push training schedules maintenance schedules etc even further into delays and back logs

Maybe I'm wrong but I think it will be easier for them to make it neat and scrap the rest of this year. Not sure how that will work though if people have to go back to work and not work from home ...... Whatever happens it's going to be a mess !!

Reactions: 7
I’ve ‘panic bought’ birthday presents for one of my kids for the end of May off amazon. Glad I did because the delivery date for most of it is early May. There’s not a lot really but I hope it arrives, who knows how much things will change in the coming days/weeks. I know it’s not necessarily ‘essential’ but I had to get something. Couldn’t imagine having to explain why there are no presents on their birthday.

Reactions: 13
Yep my girl is 5 this October and we’re meant to be hearing on April 16th, have the places already been decided so it’s just an email being sent out or are they still doing it? Will the other kids end up being held back a year? I so wish there was more information about schooling
Maybe it'll be different elsewhere but they've said in Scotland children will move up a year as normal.

Thank you. Was just worried about that as I've heard some shops aren't letting children in and it's just the two of us, no car to leave him in either.
They can’t refuse you entry with a child,if anywhere tries just go elsewhere. I saw a couple of people with their little ones at the supermarket yesterday, as you say some people have no option. Don’t take any crap. Not like you’re bringing him for a wee fun day out

Reactions: 10
My local big Tesco only let 1 adult per household in so maybe if it's just you and your son you can go in to get hm clothes. There were parents (1) with children inside Tesco.

Reactions: 1
Funny I'm O negative too and was saying the other day since theres the theory that negative blood is actually alien I wonder if we're immune I'd take that as proof haha
The rather good thing I think about the O blood type is when it comes to transfusions is that those with that blood type are able to accept any kind of blood, I'd have imagined though as it's a new form/mutation (why its called novel) Coronavirus is that we really don't know or can't confirm things about it, though more generally speaking I think its rather that the antibodies when contracting it and after recovering with Coronaviruses in general is they don't last very long but with this we simply don't know so I'd apply that to that simply put its unknown right now

I went to Sainsburys yesterday and the clothing department looked to be in darkness. Obviously to discourage people from buying anything other than food I thought. Might be wrong though.

• Sad
I'm trying to avoid looking at anything Covid related as my anxiety is getting out of control over it all.
I spoke to my sister yesterday and she said her boyfriends mum knows someone who works in a hospital in North Wales (I know, one of those!) and that the real number of people in hospital and dying is higher than they're letting on. I wouldn't take it for gospel but it's very worrying if it is true.
I’ve heard a lot of these stories from people who work in hospitals but aren’t Dr’s. I know a Consultant in A&E who said it’s not that bad yet but they’re prepared for it. This is up north.

I’ve also heard that Nursing Homes have a lot of cases but they’re letting them die in the Nursing home rather than take them to hospital because they have DNR’s.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I’ve ‘panic bought’ birthday presents for one of my kids for the end of May off amazon. Glad I did because the delivery date for most of it is early May. There’s not a lot really but I hope it arrives, who knows how much things will change in the coming days/weeks. I know it’s not necessarily ‘essential’ but I had to get something. Couldn’t imagine having to explain why there are no presents on their birthday.
I did the same just before lockdown for my little ones may birthday. Its going to be a weird one for them as it is and had to make sure they had something to open x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Just got the Morrison’s delivery box for £35, really good value for money actually and still seem to be available in my area so another booked for next week 👍 that’s one worry off the mind

Reactions: 20
I thought your old employer was supposed to put you back on their books so you can claim? He/she is obviously not following the rules. You need to report the company.
I don’t think they have to, it’s a suggestion.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.