Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Our whole structure of life has been turned upside down, so what you feel (and I feel) is a mixture of fear, and grief. Fear of a virus which is invisible but contagious, fear of running out of supplies, fear of losing financial security, fear of losing people. Grief for loved ones, grief for reduced freedoms, grief for loss of routine and social interaction and the list goes on. What I mean to say is that processing all this for the past few weeks and for the coming weeks is a lot, and it was unexpected. Our poor minds and bodies are resilient but encountering so much at the minute. It's okay to be sad. Hold onto whatever you can that gives you joy, even if that is only a mere glimmer of hope to something you can look forward to (like plans) in the future.

I'm scared very much, but am also learning things I took for granted.
Couldn't have said it better. ❤ Currently feeling the burnout emotionally. 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Desperate for some advice please. Trying the legal advice lines but been on hold for over an hour.

My partner was made redundant at the start of the month. He started a new job second week of March. They’ve rang today to say they’re letting him go until business picks up again and the job will be waiting there for him but he is technically now unemployed. He doesn’t cover for furlough because he wasn’t on the payroll end of feb. Old employer won’t take him back on. I’m currently on stat mat pay and redundancy package wasn’t a big amount - will cover wages for two months or so.

are we entitled to absolutely anything? I cannot stop crying. Never thought this would effect us. My baby is only 3 months old. I work in the NHS. I’m potentially looking at going back to work a lot earlier than planned which I don’t even want to think about.
Thanks guys.
Sorry I’m behind so don’t know what’s already been mentioned but I lost my job at the start of all this too (before the furlough scheme so no 80% wage for me). I applied to all the supermarkets in my local area and was at work for one of them within 48 hours. They pay is only just over minimum wage but it’s better than nothing! The only thing I don’t like is the risk of me bringing something home to my mum but I’m very strict about changing out of uniform, showering and disinfecting everything I touch when I come home. Wishing you all the best!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Couldn't have said it better. ❤ Currently feeling the burnout emotionally. 😔
Sending you lots of love. I’m amazed at how many people are carrying on and this hasn’t mentally affected them (not me) x

Reactions: 6
Sending you lots of love. I’m amazed at how many people are carrying on and this hasn’t mentally affected them (not me) x
I think if I didn’t have my little boy to stay cheerful for I’d have crumbled by now. The long term effect on everyone’s mental health is going to be horrendous.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
just messaged a friend of mine in east of England, she said they have been told this isn’t the case for them, London are the priority then it will be filtered down
Testing in my hospital in south east England too 👏

Reactions: 5
What a shame it has taken for this to happen for these poor people to be housed!🤬

Humanity reminder of the day:

ITALY
3AM
The army taking the daily dead from city hospital to army base morgue.

View attachment 100290
I work for local authority housing and its surprising the amount of rough sleepers who really dont want to be housed. Very strange in my opinion. We are even offering setting them up with furniture and white goods but they still refuse.

The thing is they should be being harsh. They first basically just politely warned against going out - and parks and beaches were flooded with people after a few days. 🤦 So many people have the mindset of 'oh, it's fine, I'll be careful' or 'oh, just one last x/y/z' and that's what's so dangerous.
People absolutely will take the piss out of Easter if they think they can get away with it - so they need to actually do something about enforcing it 😕
I couldnt believe the aldi website selling Easter party invitations - why

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I’ve had to stay away from all news and social media around this for a few days. Family things and my mental health has taken a dramatic hit.
We have heard of a hand full of cases in my town which has frightened me. One being my friends sister in law and obviously none of there confirmed but suspected. Our local Asda is having you disinfect trolleys and use hand gel as you enter and as you leave. All touch screens and key pads being cleaned after each customer. This makes me feel slightly better! Hope everyone else holding up okay!

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I remember Friday!!!
back when weeks were broken into weekdays and weekends one of the weekdays was called Friday right???

now it feels like 168 hours-day broken up by snacks tears and naps!!!! 🙂 #imfine #totallyfine #totally
It's a bit like that week inbetween Christmas and New year, where we are all slightly confused

Reactions: 14
Spoke to my pal who is a nurse in a central London hospital today. She said contrary to what your might expect it's very much a 'calm before the storm' atmosphere. They aren't overwhelmed, which is great to hear, she even says it's quieter than usual because of routine appointments being cancelled. But at the same time there's the ominous sense of something on the horizon.

Reminds me of that terrible film pearl harbour. You see the nurses all bored our of their minds in the very white very quiet hospital and its pretty effective when you know what's coming.... Later in the film it's all chaos blood and death
A couple of weeks ago a Dr over in Italy spoke about this exact situation. How there would be the calm before the storm, when it was very quiet because appointments had been cancelled and the numbers of patients coming in wasn't too overwhelming. He said it suddenly became a tsunami and that the UK needed to be ready.
I'm not sure where I read it though, if it was a full article or several tweets by someone, sorry.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12

don’t know if this is true but it honestly wouldn’t surprise me 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Everything feels like “before“ now....and “now“
And I’ve no idea what “now” is gonna look like tomorrow, or in 6 months from now 😐

does that make sense. NOPE. 😂🤣😂🤣

Reactions: 14
I remember Friday!!!
back when weeks were broken into weekdays and weekends one of the weekdays was called Friday right???

now it feels like 168 hours-day broken up by snacks tears and naps!!!! 🙂 #imfine #totallyfine #totally
I think you should organize a Daniel O Donnell style tea party when this is all over😆..we could all bring dog biscuits and Ch Chi Chin 😬 chews🐶🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Everything feels like “before“ now....and “now“
And I’ve no idea what “now” is gonna look like tomorrow, or in 6 months from now 😐

does that make sense. NOPE. 😂🤣😂🤣
I does make sense and I completely agree. The pre virus world seems so distant and trivial but also there's the awareness that there's so much to come what's happening now will soon feel almost as distant... And possibly even naive?

• Sad
Reactions: 11
God that Spanish lass is getting a lot of grief.
Unfortunately too many people seem to think they/their family are a special circumstance that the rules don't apply to. Or are obsessed with the exact letter of the law rather than the spirit of it which is STAY AT HOME.
Eat weird combinations of food if you have to. Better than spreading illness.

Reactions: 4
Does anybody believe in the conspiracy theories? My partner thinks there are huge ulterior motives for all of this 😬
You might want to have a look at this - it's not a conspiracy, it actually happened October 2019. Planning for a Pandemic exercise. It's in 5 segments. Seems it playing out for real now.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
God that Spanish lass is getting a lot of grief.
Unfortunately too many people seem to think they/their family are a special circumstance that the rules don't apply to. Or are obsessed with the exact letter of the law rather than the spirit of it which is STAY AT HOME.
Eat weird combinations of food if you have to. Better than spreading illness.
My cat keeps moaning about the cheap crap food I bought him and honestly if he carries on I'm gunna eat him.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Apparently a&e numbers are massively down too, perhaps a realisation for people that many things are not that serious and warrant an a&e visit.
I heard an a&e Dr on the radio and he said they were seeing many more people who were seriously ill from other things I. A&E as people are avoiding coming until they are really ill when normally they would have come sooner and this causes issue in itself as instead of being able to treat things quickly or simply the people need more serious care.

The person who thinks they need an x-ray - if you think something is broken you need to go and have it set properly now rather than let it heal badly and require surgery etc to fix it in a few weeks time !

Yup

I injured myself before holiday but I’m waiting til it all dies down before attempting getting someone to look at it - no way I’m risking going for an X-ray now!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.