Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pretty little thing and boohoo keep sending me emails about discounts etc it's a bit annoying with everything going on. More emails than usual
Actually
Weirdly, some retailers will be making an absolute bleeping killing in this environment. Many people won’t be having financial difficulties and also be stuck at home with little outlet. It‘s a strange world where I‘m not meant to pop 100 metres to my corner shop for a chocolate bar (non-essential) but I can have a bar delivered to my door via Amazon next day delivery.

Reactions: 7

Government guidelines on what classes as non essential business. Thought it might be helpful
we aren't on here (transport company) so business as usual though it’s tricky as some of our employees use hotels as they transport up and down the UK & aboard and need hotels to stay in 😳

the way I see the list is essentially any need for the public to go out socially is closed. I think they want to keep jobs going (as bare minimum as possible) to keep the economy rolling to a certain extent. people just need to be mindful - IF you do need to commute to work because you can’t WFH (i can, but limited so I’ll be going in but I don’t use public transport) practise social distancing as if everyone has CV.
If you work in an office try and space as much as you can - I know it’s not always possible but if you need to disrupt Your office layout for more space it’s no different to people taking computers home to WFH.

in some respect we all need to use our heads a little bit. We can’t have a comprehensive list of you can do this but not that, at the moment I think they are allowing us to use our heads and common sense a bit. If someone is standing close to you - tell them, and move back. we all have to do our bit.

Reactions: 3
Weirdly, some retailers will be making an absolute bleeping killing in this environment. Many people won’t be having financial difficulties and also be stuck at home with little outlet. It‘s a strange world where I‘m not meant to pop 100 metres to my corner shop for a chocolate bar (non-essential) but I can have a bar delivered to my door via Amazon next day delivery.
I'm in this position and feeling really guilty but very grateful. I'm buying from local businesses where I can (might struggle more with that now), and wherever possible supporting people who are going to struggle because they've lost their income. It's going to create a huge divide. I'm not planning on flashing the cash at all but can well imagine some people will be online shopping to their hearts content

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I am a long time lurker and have never felt compelled to post, not for any other reason than most of what I would say already gets said. But I wanted to say this. People on various forms of social media have opinions of people on Tattle, and most of them aren’t nice opinions. But in the last few weeks on this thread I have witnessed so many random acts of kindness; supporting people with physical and mental health issues, advice, offering to send supplies to people struggling. And to complete strangers who you are never likely to meet. I just wanted to say that my faith in humanity hasn’t gone completely 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 45
What I don’t get is why are still so many people at work? Our local newsagents etc are all open, paper boys still expected to do their rounds as my nephew had to go in today ?my friends work is still open, she’s a shop manager in a bargain type store.

My sister has a new puppy that has her vaccinations due for Thursday, will they even be open? It’s all confusing as to what’s open and what’s not.

Reactions: 1
My boss emailed last night. Saying I will have to use up next years holiday (April-April) in order to get paid. 🤦‍♀️

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
What I don’t get is why are still so many people at work? Our local newsagents etc are all open, paper boys still expected to do their rounds as my nephew had to go in today ?my friends work is still open, she’s a shop manager in a bargain type store.

My sister has a new puppy that has her vaccinations due for Thursday, will they even be open? It’s all confusing as to what’s open and what’s not.
I’m assuming anywhere that sells food and basic toiletries etc is considered “essential” and allowed to remain open. I’m surprised about the paper boys as that seems quite risky but may be considered as an essential service as old/vulnerable people might not be able to get to the shops for their paper and receiving it may help ease the loneliness a little

Reactions: 2
This may have already been shared, so apologies if it was! I thought everyone would enjoy these videos of Italian Mayors telling people off for not following their lockdown rules. It's very blunt! I love them all.

Thinking of you all from Australia 💕

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
we aren't on here (transport company) so business as usual though it’s tricky as some of our employees use hotels as they transport up and down the UK & aboard and need hotels to stay in 😳

the way I see the list is essentially any need for the public to go out socially is closed. I think they want to keep jobs going (as bare minimum as possible) to keep the economy rolling to a certain extent. people just need to be mindful - IF you do need to commute to work because you can’t WFH (i can, but limited so I’ll be going in but I don’t use public transport) practise social distancing as if everyone has CV.
If you work in an office try and space as much as you can - I know it’s not always possible but if you need to disrupt Your office layout for more space it’s no different to people taking computers home to WFH.

in some respect we all need to use our heads a little bit. We can’t have a comprehensive list of you can do this but not that, at the moment I think they are allowing us to use our heads and common sense a bit. If someone is standing close to you - tell them, and move back. we all have to do our bit.
I'm sure they had said previously transport wont be affected

I don’t know what people are confused about? Stay at home simple as that

Same no delivery slots in my area until May now!
He’s confused because first picture says only key workers to work
It’s now changed to say you can go to work if you can’t work from home

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.