Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
With everything going on Iv just had the most irrelevant meltdown 🤦🏻‍♀️ Wasn't sleeping because of all this anyways & having to go outside today. My nose ring fell out I couldn't get it back in. I smashed my mirror and everything having a meltdown over something so minor. I need to relax

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I’m still at work. I work in a school and a supermarket. Dh has had jobs cancelled already. He works in IT installations. No idea what we will do. My wages alone done cover outgoings including food. To buy food we’d need to not pay council tax or another bill.
Anyone else think they should make arrangements for council tax payments to be delayed/reduced?
I’ve given him lists of agencies taking in retail workers for night shifts etc.

Reactions: 5
I really doubt many people are ordering non essential clothes online anyway. No point in buying some cute new dresses if you can’t go out anywhere!
.....oh you would be surprised 😅😅 and how many people kick up a fuss when stuffs delayed due to what is happening right now

• Sad
Reactions: 1
It’s amazing how busy the road outside my house is this morning! All these key workers... 🧐

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I’ve ordered things from Next because my boy is due to go into 2-3 while we are in lock down. Doesn’t make me a bad person, or mean that I am deliberately risking your life. People not ordering from ASOS and H&M wouldn’t change the situation. Post office workers would still be required to work.
The Post Office don’t deliver Next - it’s mostly delivered by Hermes.
Yesterday Next announced their store closures but also announced free delivery and returns - so Hermes couriers are now going to be extra busy delivering which they really don’t need right now.
Next also sent all their catalogues out to despatch depots yesterday and expect Hermes couriers to deliver them in the next 2 days!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
We’ve just signed contracts and due to exchange on our home ... will I be allowed to move house or not if completion is say in 2 weeks

The only delivery I'm expecting is toner & paper for the printer....home schooling! Oh and a hair colour 😊( all from Amazon) I've asked the kids to wear shorts and t-shirts to home school in... They don't require ironing and I'll be damned if I'm doing that . Home schooling when feeling like you've been hit by a bus is one thing . I'm not having the ironing pile up too.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The Post Office don’t deliver Next - it’s mostly delivered by Hermes.
Yesterday Next announced their store closures but also announced free delivery and returns - so Hermes couriers are now going to be extra busy delivering which they really don’t need right now.
Next also sent all their catalogues out yesterday and expect Hermes couriers to deliver them in the next 2 days!
Fair enough, didn’t realise as I don’t tend to order much from next - but my point to the OP still stands. Royal Mail would still be expected to continue regardless of what people do/don’t order online. My postman left my things on my step - knocked, walked to the end of my drive and waited for me to open the door. So they’re being sensible. It’s horrible having to still go to work (I’m one of those people!) but unfortunately it’s how the cookie crumbles for some professions.

We’ve just signed contracts and due to exchange on our home ... will I be allowed to move house or not if completion is say in 2 weeks
Still one of those unclarified answers!?

New poster here but following for a while. I spent most of the night awake worrying about how this will change everything. There is no area it doesn't affect. We've always lived modestly and have a low key life but the thought of going out for only an hour fills me with dread. I've got 2 young children and my mental health suffered terribly postnatally. I value the support of my friends and family so much. Walking and being out is my therapy and that's shot now.

I'm frontline NHS too so although on AL this week, I dont know what I'll be going into next week. I expect nursery will close soon and there is that pressure not to send them now too. Husband earns a lot more than me and can WFH so I'm wondering whether I'm going to have to leave my job. Not good thoughts for a good nights sleep.

Keep safe and well everyone.

Last edited:
Our next uses the Hermes driver. I would think online sales is what’s going to keep some of these businesses afloat over next few months. I intend to order online for my baby. I have 0-3 clothes but if it goes on longer I’ll need bigger size and I’m going to class dressing him as an essential!
Had an email off Next this morning. All stored now closed. Any click and collect will now be sent to people's homes, you don't need to take any further action and any online orders all now have free delivery. Any returns from click and collect and purchases in store can now be returned within 14 days once the shops reopen

Michael Gove is just on BBC Breakfast, he was still quite vague in response to this question. He said if you haven’t exchanged already then postpone it, but if you’re “further down the line” that may not be possible. So it’s open for interpretation, if you haven’t completed then probably not worth the risk though

Anybody else longing for the days when Brexit was your biggest concern

For sure come September the need for anti depressants will go up
My ignorant sibling is actually blaming Brexit for this virus, more holes in their theory than are in my Nans string bag!

They also hates Boris Johnson to the point where they refuses to watch the press conferences and won't by told by him what to do.

If they want to go out, they will be going out and that overpaid turd isn't telling me any different.

🙄

cant believe M&S is green
I can't open it, what does green mean?

How would we report a non essential business remaining open during this time?
What are reporting for staying open? Lots of shops fall into the exemptions category and the statement last night only refers to shops, not businesses in general.

Seeing so many people saying stuff like "can't believe how different my life will be as of tomorrow" pervious birthday party moaner is still on Facebook saying Bojo has ruined her kids birthday and she'll turn 3 with nothing but her mum & dad around her. Sounds like a great birthday to me
☺
My 9 yr old celebrates on 3rd April so birthday party cancelled. I told him that this birthday will always be really important as it’s in the history books as such and people will always ask how old were you when Covid happened. I’ve said that we will get a huge cake and he can be the boss of the house for the whole day (!), and we’ll have a bigger and better party once this is all over. Like a lot of things with kids it’s how you position it I think. He seems fine with it 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 14
Seeing so many people saying stuff like "can't believe how different my life will be as of tomorrow" pervious birthday party moaner is still on Facebook saying Bojo has ruined her kids birthday and she'll turn 3 with nothing but her mum & dad around her. Sounds like a great birthday to me
☺
That’s all you need, lots of love and care from your parents, everything else is a bonus 👍🏻 She is one lucky little girl compared to other children

Reactions: 6
Mine isnt....manager told us all business as usual
Hopefully not much longer for you. I've gone into work for 7 this morning in my frontline job and sent home as they have 1 member of staff too many.

What area do you work in? Is it something that will be affected by other businesses closing so you will close eventually?

On the other hand my nieces wankstain of a company are remaining open with 12 employees. Those employees include my niece, all have children and the company won't give them a laptop to work from he because they don't want calls being made with children in the background!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.