Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Moving on...

anyone got any short breaks/staycations planned!?

seriously if you’re spending time on a thread (about a virus that’s killing thousands)
arguing with others, walk away, get outside...

In your own area obviously....not Cornwall 🤣😂

and don’t touch anything or anyone 😐

Come on Boris just put the bloody country on lockdown. :rolleyes:
I’m gonna ask admin to put the bleeping thread on lockdown. 😂🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I'm thinking of going to Cornwall for the week, I know I shouldnt be going but I'm going to ask opinions on here anyway.
If anyone says not to go I'm going to justify it anyway and still go.
I won't go outdoors if I'm home, but I'm going to travel 5 hours to just stay inside there instead.
There's no point in me going, but I'm thinking of going anyway. I know I shouldn't be going but I don't care about anyone else so I'm just going to go anyway.

ABSOLUTELY bleeping DELUDED. 🤦🏻‍♀️
Apparently loads of people have gone to Skegness and they have opened up the arcades.🤦‍♀️

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
I’ve never seen so many people out in broad day light in prime time hours out and about on the communal greens, in the tennis courts... I can see them through my window! In the past 5 years of living here I’ve never seen anybody use the tennis courts! Yes I walk my dog still, however I walk him on my own, at unsociable hours - before 7am and after 10pm and in woodland areas. You can’t not walk a 40kg dog. But you can do it safely practising social distancing. But for big families to be out together, in broad daylight mingling with other families is damn right stupid and selfish.
40kg big dog. Same as mine. Missing his walks. Quick walk round the block isn't fun. What's your dog's name?

Moving on...

seriously if you’re spending time on a thread (about a virus that’s killing thousands)

HOLD ON....I thought we wasnt supposed to go outside?

It's becoming so obvious that English people seem completely incapable of following rules! We're on the brink of hundreds if not thousands of deaths from this virus and folk are still carrying on as if nothing is happening. My neighbours who are both in their 70s, one of them has had a nasty cough for months, has just had both sets of children and their children pull up and all piled in the house!! The sooner we go into lockdown, the better!!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
I'm travelling the world from my computer, it's fascinating and horrifying checking webcams and seeing everywhere empty

The trevi fountain right now:

286.jpg

I can't help but go to the shops everyday, Aldi has long lines but even after being open for two hours stock levels are pretty normal. No eggs or chickpeas, but they're always running out of chickpeas.

Sainsbury's lots of things empty. I guess the aldi / lidl limited SKUs really helps keep things stocked up.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Listen love, not one single person has recommended that you head for the seaside. Not. One. Person. And the virus is not *just* passed on through human contact, please don't be naïve enough to think that. Please just stay home, where you are and stay safe with your family.
I read this comment in the voice of Vera Stanhope lol

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I'm travelling the world from my computer, it's fascinating and horrifying checking webcams and seeing everywhere empty

The trevi fountain right now:

View attachment 98632

I can't help but go to the shops everyday, Aldi has long lines but even after being open for two hours stock levels are pretty normal. No eggs or chickpeas, but they're always running out of chickpeas.

Sainsbury's lots of things empty. I guess the aldi / lidl limited SKUs really helps keep things stocked up.
From @beahunny on the Millen thread 😍

Reactions: 2
The stupidity of our population is going to be our downfall. It literally boils my piss to know the young and healthy who catch it with be prioritised over the vulnerable and old who are taking the precautionary measures. Still seeing Instagram influencers tarted up out n about, shame on them, bleeping idiots.

Reactions: 14
Moving on...

I am washing my windows then flinging them open to the sunshine. Then I will haul the big chair over, fill it with cushions and throws and read a book all Insta-like, with my green tea and windchimes, and pretend I'm somewhere exotic. :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 15
On a slightly different note do any of you live in a seaside/holiday/tourist area and have seen an influx of people? I have a friend that lives in Bournemouth he says it’s like a bank holiday with lots of visitors. You couldn’t make it up could you.
Same here on the east coast, the mayor of Skegness has had to put a plea out on the radio telling everyone to go home! I really despair of some humans, up to this point there was only 3 cases in the whole of Lincolnshire, won't be now! 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 3
My Nan is 89 and lives alone. I’m so worried about her as she thrives on getting out the house to the bingo/labour club (she has a better social life than me!). I can’t imagine her being stuck inside for 12 weeks on her own. She doesn’t have internet in her house so we can’t FaceTime her. My heart breaks thinking about it😢

• Sad
40kg big dog. Same as mine. Missing his walks. Quick walk round the block isn't fun. What's your dog's name?
I can’t not walk him. Or he won’t sleep, rest, be full of beans and probably eat the sofa and a few walls. I go out in the woods. Nobody to be seen. Even if I did see anybody, I’d walk the other way. There is plenty of room. Lol.

Reactions: 3
I am washing my windows then flinging them open to the sunshine. Then I will haul the big chair over, fill it with cushions and throws, with my green tea and windchimes, and pretend I'm somewhere exotic. :cool:
104B5797-4FA1-4C4D-99B1-EE40CB7909F1.jpeg

clearly stockpiling the toilet rolls and flaunting it.. 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The stupidity of our population is going to be our downfall. It literally boils my piss to know the young and healthy who catch it with be prioritised over the vulnerable and old who are taking the precautionary measures. Still seeing Instagram influencers tarted up out n about, shame on them, bleeping idiots.
Don’t know how you can say that tbh. Old people are flouting the rules as much as any other age group. Unless you’ve followed each individual person around, and know what precautions they’ve been taking - making a blanket statement like that is unfair

Agreed, I have had a good look online (including UKGOV) and I cannot find any mention of having to close down the whole business and letting staff go. That does not sound logical seeing as the whole point of the government paying 80% of wages is to stop companies making people unemployed.

I am sure it will be clarified in the coming days.
Youve misunderstood what I've said.

The companies will close and let their staff go. The government will pay 80% of their wages as long as they take them back on when they reopen. If they don't take them back on, the businesses have to pay back the 80%.

It's not a permant letting go of staff but a temporary one until its safe to reopen fully.

This way, non essential businesses can close without staff worrying about money and have the security of a job when they reopen.

The very same businesses also have help sobtheu can reopen.

I'm baffled as to how you can't understand this?

How can you really think they want people to keep their non essential businesses open when they want people to isolate as much as possible, not still be able to go clothes shopping, or go to a cafe or a pub.

All non essential businesses will be closed soon and people can't seem to understand this and this is why no one is isolating because they don't think its serious.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.