Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m due back at work in a supermarket soon but have someone in the house with type 2 diabetes and someone with asthma and I really don’t know whether I want to go back :(

• Sad
Reactions: 1
While on a milk run my other half spotted a coach load of hens getting off with blow up dolls. Hope they haven't travelled too far and bringing germs back 🙈

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
nice to see my neighbours adhering to social isolation. 2 lots have just had family turn up including babies and children. Dumb fucks like this are why we’ll be in lockdown 🙄😡🤦🏻‍♀️
6 different families kids playing in the street, and the parents all chatting. I ordered a pizza, and am super paranoid about that! Although he rang the bell then stood 6 metres away for me to get my stuff out of the bag, he was wearing a mask I then emptied the box, put packaging in the bin, washed my hands!

• Angry
Reactions: 4
I’m not having a go at you (promise) but I’m genuinely baffled at how any hairdresser would think it sensible/reasonable/responsible to remain open after the cafes and restaurants were forcibly closed a few days ago.

Surely it’s completely impossible to cut someone’s hair while maintaining a safe distance (2m?). I‘m crap with measurements but someone said to me that it’s basically the length of a broomstick. I guess owners want/need the income but surely the government have put enough stuff in place for them to close for a temporary period? Maybe not. It just feels to me that if you owned a salon right now you’d shut it down even just for the ethical reasons?

I do have moments of feeling sorry for the people in charge (fleeting moments...don’t worry!) as it feels like there are large numbers of people that have had a common sense bypass or something? Jesus people......now is NOT the time for a bleeping hair cut.
Completely agree ! The Bowl haircut will be back in fashion for sure ;)

While on a milk run my other half spotted a coach load of hens getting off with blow up dolls. Hope they haven't travelled too far and bringing germs back 🙈
That might be all their left with..with that attitude..:(

Reactions: 3
Completely agree ! The Bowl haircut will be back in fashion for sure ;)
On the plus side my grey roots are hideous so I picked up some supermarket hair dye in my one outing for food this week and it’s actually pretty good. Might save the money that I spend on highlights at the salon in future 👌

Reactions: 6
6 different families kids playing in the street, and the parents all chatting. I ordered a pizza, and am super paranoid about that! Although he rang the bell then stood 6 metres away for me to get my stuff out of the bag, he was wearing a mask I then emptied the box, put packaging in the bin, washed my hands!
I'm paranoid to even order takeaway, you don't know if someone has coughed whilst preparing it 🤷‍♀️ is that being over the top? 😩

Also this picture made me lol

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I’m on an allotment group.
Someone has just posted that they broke their self isolation for 15 mins to go and buy some compost at the shop!
When asked if they meant social distancing rather than self isolating, they announced that they’d returned from overseas a couple of days ago.
Nobody else seems concerned.
It beggars belief.
These are the older generation. What is wrong with them?
I’m much younger than them and most think I’m overreacting. What don’t they understand?

054C7381-50C7-45AE-B23E-22A5DA556879.gif

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
A local GP has just posted a list of the "at risk" group ,you both fall under that category and should be self isolating..
My daughter is self isolating. I’ve not been out since Wednesday and I’m calling work tomorrow and saying I’m not coming in to self isolate. Sod em, my family & health come first. My manager wasn’t understanding at all. I’m a mental health practitioner/counsellor and we help people with other issues like debt and financial which is in dire need right now - really hope they fast track home working. I want to be able to help others and carrying on with my role just safely. X

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2
I’ve felt really overwhelmed with all the Homeschooling advice on my socials this week. All those paper-mache, jewellery-making, homemade playdough, science experiments kinda earth Mothers are like pigs in tit at the moment 🤯

Anyway, I am thinking that given conservative estimates predict me running out of homeschooling ideas by....hmm..11am on Monday then we might try “Do you own hair cut.” as our afternoon craft activity.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I am baffled that the concept of working from home passed you by?

Some businesses will have a situation where due to differing role requirements some staff can continue to work from home but others cannot. For example, I have a friend who works for a company who have closed down production but moved customer service to home working.

You have stated that the local authority have advised you will only be able to claim the 80% if you close the business down. This may be 100% correct in your situation but is not necessarily the case for all businesses. I assumed (possibly wrongly but definitley reasonably ) that part of the intention of your post was to share information that might be helpful. But in giving that information and more emphatically in your response to my post you have assumed that what is true in your situation will be true for every other business. I quote 'All non essential businesses will be closed soon.'

My challenge, and it is a logical one, is that it would not seem to make sense to force businesses that could continue in some capacity to have to shut down completely in order to be allowed to claim the 80%. This lead me to the web search I mentioned during which I could not find anything that gave clarity, hence then stating the government will probably give more clarity in coming days.

I have no desire to engage in an internet spat with you and I wish you, your business and your employees good luck and good health at this difficult time but to so wilfully misconstrue what was a fairly innocuous post by making extrapolations from what it didn't say rather than what it did say necessitated response and clarification.

Be safe, be well
The person I was referring to works in a restaurant. She absolutely cannot work from home. Therefore she can only claim the 80% salary if everyone is temporarily laid off. In the end, she didn't give enough info as they are fully closed and paying people anyway.

Those who work from home will be receiving their salary as normal so the 80% doesn't apply unless the business has to close and stop all homeworking.

The whole conversation was about the hospitality sector which is work that cannot be done from home, the early years which can't be done from home and non essential shops (everything but food and pharmacy)

If all these close then the Gov will cover 80% of all salaries as long as those people are taken back on after.

If they stay open (without forced closure) then employees can either work, self isolate and claim sick pay, not work and claim universal credit. The 80% will then come into play once the entire business closes.

I’m on an allotment group.
Someone has just posted that they broke their self isolation for 15 mins to go and buy some compost at the shop!
When asked if they meant social distancing rather than self isolating, they announced that they’d returned from overseas a couple of days ago.
Nobody else seems concerned.
It beggars belief.
These are the older generation. What is wrong with them?
I’m much younger than them and most think I’m overreacting. What don’t they understand?

View attachment 98658
I think there's a certain level of ignorance and arrogance amongst the older generation imo.

For example, my husband rang him mother to let him know we would be self-isolating for 12 weeks and that they should too because of their ages and he was met with replies along the lines of "what a bloody load of shite, me and your dad are just going about as normal." They grew up in a completely different time, when the country was still feeling the effects of the war, they see today and how accessible amenities and essentials are and can't see the danger in the situation because their idea of what it means to be in hardship is, is totally different. Just my opinion 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 5
On the plus side my grey roots are hideous so I picked up some supermarket hair dye in my one outing for food this week and it’s actually pretty good. Might save the money that I spend on highlights at the salon in future 👌
I bought a box of hair dye too 😂 Lord knows why? It's not like I'm going out any time soon. I just couldn't stand the thought of seeing my roots everyday on top of being stuck in. Might even get the scissors on my kid's hair. That'll stop'em wanting to go anywhere 👍😉

Reactions: 4
Oooh, I use Colour Effects (Superdrug £1) and its really good. Makes the grey look like highlights if you go darker. 😊 Lasts ages too.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Every cloud ☁ has a silver lining 😀

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.