Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is not a normal Easter. More people than usual will get sick and hospitals in smaller areas have less capacity so will be overwhelmed easily.

You said you wish there was a lockdown to take the decision out of your hands. Just bite the bullet and make that decision yourself your asking here and unsure yourself so just stay at home ! It sucks yes but everyone is in the same boat and many people are losing much more than their Easter week in Cornwall
Yep. I think I’m feeling a bit thrown by the whole situation. Feeling like, well if Cornwall was home, then we’d be heading back there so what’s the difference. But you’re right.
Usually my decision-making process is ‘if you’re not sure or you have to ask, then you probably already know the answer’.

I think when the question is “should I go to xyz or stay home?” The answer will always be stay home.
Which is ironic because this is how I usually feel about most invitations before all this started anyway 😆

Reactions: 8
Yep. I think I’m feeling a bit thrown by the whole situation. Feeling like, well if Cornwall was home, then we’d be heading back there so what’s the difference. But you’re right.
Usually my decision-making process is ‘if you’re not sure or you have to ask, then you probably already know the answer’.
Sometimes you need to talk it out to realise the answer. Glad you’ve now taken it on board. Stay safe x

Reactions: 7
I assumed boots and Superdrug were staying open seeing as they provide pharmacy services and baby products etc. Does anyone know if they are staying open?

Reactions: 1
I think when the question is “should I go to xyz or stay home?” The answer will always be stay home.
I think the main word is contain ...if people are not heeding the advice and travelling round the country, we're doomed full stop..we all need to stay home ,they can't enforce it enough..

Reactions: 7
Don't do it. You can't guarantee you aren't already carrying the virus.
Cornwall MP has asked people not to visit.
It's just not worth it.
My parents have a holiday flat in Cornwall. They won't be going.
We were meant to be going away in this country. All paid for, company 'open' so not refunding. We are staying at home (although I am utterly cheesed off about the money.
So sorry you’re not getting a refund! I’m hoping pressure from our local MPs can convince some companies to shut allowing for insurances etc. to help! I’m scared for our people, grand parents, vulnerable people with underlying conditions like myself, but I’m so glad there’s people like you and your family who see that risk too! I hope when this goes you and your family can come and have a fabulous time! 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 6
This ! I have done it myself debating something and deep down you know the answer. Hopefully you will get to Cornwall in the not to distant future x

Sorry if this is in the wrong place... I usually read but don't comment. I'm so frustrated by influencers behaving irresponsibly and not using their platforms to promote social distancing. I just watched stories from "laurutherfordx" labelled as quarantine... Loads of them drinking at someones house. It's just plain irresponsible following recent advise. Wish there was a way to report them.

Reactions: 14
Sorry if this is in the wrong place... I usually read but don't comment. I'm so frustrated by influencers behaving irresponsibly and not using their platforms to promote social distancing. I just watched stories from "laurutherfordx" labelled as quarantine... Loads of them drinking at someones house. It's just plain irresponsible following recent advise. Wish there was a way to report them.
They need their views! Idiots! I wouldn’t be surprised if some of them hope they get it - what great content that would be! Kerching!🤬

The prospect of complete lockdown scared me. But to be honest people not caring scare me more

Reactions: 12
Don't do it. You can't guarantee you aren't already carrying the virus.
Cornwall MP has asked people not to visit.
It's just not worth it.
My parents have a holiday flat in Cornwall. They won't be going.
We were meant to be going away in this country. All paid for, company 'open' so not refunding. We are staying at home (although I am utterly cheesed off about the money.
Have you asked the company if you can move the dates? I work in travel and a lot of companies including Ryanair (shock horror) have been really flexible. I think encouraging people to amend rather than cancel is what will keep the travel industry going.

Reactions: 4
There is never anyone else there so I’m not standing there. If only the government would looks after the self employed!!
My post office are remaining open but changing the queue system. They’ve also shortened their hours.

Reactions: 3
There are a few well known fitness influencers who are acting the maggot also.

Reactions: 4
My post office are remaining open but changing the queue system. They’ve also shortened their hours.
Most of the shops and banks here have a floor plan set out ,with tape on the floor at the specified distance apart..and letting fewer people in at any one time...

How are you feeling now @Daire

Reactions: 5
Genuine question.
Why did you post on here and ask for people’s thoughts and then when everyone advised you not to go, you appear to disregard them?
Not trying to antagonise or patronise, I just don’t understand why you asked.

For what its worth I think going is the wrong decision.

I live near Eastbourne and at the moment we only have 8 recorded cases in East Sussex so chances of catching it at very slim and putting bluntly people from elsewhere can stay the f**k away.

This is how it spreads, people from one area visiting another and bringing it with them without realising it. Stay at home, stay in your own area, don't mingle, don't go where there might be crowds. Only go out if you have to (work/food/exercise).

Through the news and social media today, I have seen Bhondi beach full of people, Skegness full of people, National Trust parks full of people (well done to them for closing them tonight), people standing in queues outside shops at 6 am and I want to weep at our stupidity.

I am horrified by our selfishness. Yesterday I watched a man in my local supermarket argue with the shop staff because he had 6 loaves of bread and the limit was 2. 'You might as well give me them' he said' Or I will just come back in and buy 2 more, take them out to my car and come back for another 2.'

I saw husbands and wife's with 2 trolleys both buying the maximum they could for each trolley before going to separate tills.

I spoke to the lady on the till who told me they had been watching people all morning buy up to the limit, take it out to their car and then come back in and do it all again. She told me they send their kids in again and again, to buy as much as possible.

Have you looked on Currys website? They have no freezers. People rushed out and bought extra freezers so they could stockpile more food. It beggars belief.

This is who we are, too selfish to take only our fair share of food and so reckless that though we are told to keep our distance we all go to the f**king beach.

Rant over! Buy only the food you can eat in the next 7 days, keep your distance from others. Go home, stay home, hug your kids, tell them you love them every day. Be safe, be smart and we will get through this.

with apologies to those of you who are staying at home, anxious and scared ( me included, a single father with a health condition and a teenage son scared sh*tless I might catch it).

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
How are you feeling now @Daire
I'm doing ok thanks, I got a decent sleep there a while ago.
The aches are real bad, thighs, knees, legs, feet, arms.... basically a pain in my life :ROFLMAO: but its fine caus im staying in bed watching TV.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I'm doing ok thanks, I got a decent sleep there a while ago.
The aches are real bad, thighs, knees, legs, feet, arms.... basically a pain in my life :ROFLMAO: but its fine caus im staying in bed watching TV.
That's great you got to sleep ,nothing else for it but to take it easy x..

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.