Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On the one hand this is great, but on the other... theatre recovery exists for a reason. We can delay elective procedures but people will still have appendicitis, bowel obstructions, major trauma and stuff that can't wait. I hope there is still capacity for them, too.
I think there’s a few theatres and recovery’s spare in this hospital. I hope!

Reactions: 1
Does anybody know why Germany for example have a lot more cases than the UK but considerably less deaths? - source BBC News
Are Germany testing alot more people? Seems people in uk are being told to self isolate rather that being tested. Unless their symptoms are more severe.

Reactions: 4
Is this thing about losing your smell and taste linking with coronavirus true??? Sky news have said it is but nothing on nhs website???

Reactions: 2
I may be VERY wrong but I am sure I read somewhere that the people getting infected in Germany are a lot younger (20-30? maybe). I could be remembering wrong though.

UK (as well as Italy) has an ageing population so in a way it makes sense that our death rate would be higher.
Yes and apparently a lot of German cases were people who caught it on ski trips which makes sense - you’re generally fit and healthy to be going skiing in the first place.

Reactions: 8
Ummmm you have no idea how some of us feel, you sound really really bitter. It's a way of the masses showing their appreciation in solidarity for those who are keeping our society together right now, albeit only by a round of applause. Italy done the same.
I‘m not really really bitter , you have no idea either.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It’s a stressful time for everyone, please can we try and keep this thread a place for realism but also positivity? 💜

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Let’s hope Boris hurries up and gets these kits ready then , the pee on the stick but blood sample ones 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Back to positivity - a lady in my area has it and is being sick so her daughter in law asked us for some meal replacement shakes for her to drink. Someone drove from 30 mins away to drop off some spare protein shakes that they have- for free. Someone else is delivering some rehydration sachets first thing. There is so much kindness it’s lovely to see but do you know what the kindest thing would be? If we got locked down and we all just got on with it, stayed home, made phone calls and sucked it up as best we can.
Put the army on the streets for the thieving twats who’ll go looting in London and let’s try and give the NHS half a chance of coping with this thing. I’m exhausted from trying to explain to people the importance of staying home. My Dad “I’ve got to get out every day I’ll be climbing the walls”.... “climb them then FFS, it’s better than the alternative of ending up in ICU which could likely happen if you catch it”. What is wrong with people. The sooner we all suck it up and stay home the sooner we can get back to some sort of normal.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
My dad (72) has been coughing all day which is putting me into a panic, but he’s also been sneezing and having to wipe his nose so I think it’s just a cold... I hope

• Sad
Reactions: 9
On a slightly different note do any of you live in a seaside/holiday/tourist area and have seen an influx of people? I have a friend that lives in Bournemouth he says it’s like a bank holiday with lots of visitors. You couldn’t make it up could you.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
For some positivity -

We went for a quick walk tonight, we have a field nearby and I let the kids kick a ball around for a little bit and run around just to let off some steam. We walked past a house and they had some rainbow pictures stuck in the window, some locals are getting their kids to draw and put them in the window just for some positivity.

My daughter decided on her own that she wants to draw some pictures and stick them into the letterboxes of our neighbours and write them a little 'love note'. Don't know if we will just because they're mostly elderly and she's been sick, but the fact she decided herself that she wanted to made me happy 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 23
On a slightly different note do any of you live in a seaside/holiday/tourist area and have seen an influx of people? I have a friend that lives in Bournemouth he says it’s like a bank holiday with lots of visitors. You couldn’t make it up could you.
Live in a seaside city, the seafront has been packed today supposedly. Gormless people everywhere 🤦

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Is this thing about losing your smell and taste linking with coronavirus true??? Sky news have said it is but nothing on nhs website???
My dad mentioned this today..i am self isolating and thought i had a cold..felt much better Thursday, then yesterday shivering cold, husband aching and cough and he cant smell or taste anything. neither of us have a temperature though

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.