Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Boris is intending to delay lockdown until absolutely necessary. I hear thousands of the Spanish have been fined for flouting the restrictions. Maybe if we have lockdown nationwide the daft ones refusing to isolate will pay enough fines to pay for several thousand more ventilators.
Boris has a problem with London. Give it 2 days of the city being shutdown, and certain sections of society will be out looting every branch of JD Sports and Footlocker they can find. He knows he doesn't have the police numbers to protect premises and property, although he could always blame the idiot mayor. Londoners will soon get what they deserve for electing Khan.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
My sister went to a big shopping mall in the East Midlands today and said it was heaving with people. She’s not taking it seriously at all and is going out and about with her kids wherever she pleases and then spending time with my mum who has health issues. It’s making me so angry!

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
Does anybody know why Germany for example have a lot more cases than the UK but considerably less deaths? - source BBC News
I may be VERY wrong but I am sure I read somewhere that the people getting infected in Germany are a lot younger (20-30? maybe). I could be remembering wrong though.

UK (as well as Italy) has an ageing population so in a way it makes sense that our death rate would be higher.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Does anybody know why Germany for example have a lot more cases than the UK but considerably less deaths? - source BBC News
I believe @Yel mentioned a thread or two ago that they have a huge amount of ICU beds compared to us

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Still cant get over that in the alcohol aisle in my local tescos pretty much empty few bottles of wine ... but there was about 10 boxes of corona ... do people actually think you can get it by drinking it
The company is actually losing a lot of money! Can’t say it’s a pity though as the beer is rank

Reactions: 3
Just watched ant and dec Saturday night takeaway and the ending with olly murs and all the crew all the videos just made me bloody cry because of all this virus and seeing all the nhs staff 😭😭

Who ever is working right now at hospitals and everywhere else thank you

😭😭 sorry had to let that out had a couple of drinks haha
I had a dream that as a thank you, we didn’t have to pay Tax for a year! I woke up so happy..!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I believe @Yel mentioned a thread or two ago that they have a huge amount of ICU beds compared to us
It’s the ICU beds! a hospital in London has converted its 8 bedded theatre recovery bay into a 32 bedded ICU with vents. I’m so proud of them.

Reactions: 16
I’m not an NHS front line person but I am a Keyworker keeping the schools open for the children of other key workers.

I absolutely loathe the idea of the Instagram collective clap at 8.00pm.

All those clapping have no bleeping idea of the worry and fright and not one recipient gives a tit unless that clap pays our bills and the mortgage.
I'm a manager in Primary Care and I feel the same. I don't go in much for those kinds of gestures. Stay home, keep your kids home, educate yourself. That's what will save us in a few weeks.

It's like we are all braced for the tsunami over here.

I could be wrong but I think Germany have been much better at testing than other countries have. Which means their confirmed cases are much closer to the true number of infected people. Here in the U.K. although our cases are 5000+ the true figure is likely to be over 100,000 at this point.

Reactions: 6
Great Ormond Street also opened up 30 ITU beds from April 1st as COVID 19 response. We will be ok.

Reactions: 10
I’m not an NHS front line person but I am a Keyworker keeping the schools open for the children of other key workers.

I absolutely loathe the idea of the Instagram collective clap at 8.00pm.

All those clapping have no bleeping idea of the worry and fright and not one recipient gives a tit unless that clap pays our bills and the mortgage.
Ummmm you have no idea how some of us feel, you sound really really bitter. It's a way of the masses showing their appreciation in solidarity for those who are keeping our society together right now, albeit only by a round of applause. Italy done the same.

It’s the ICU beds! a hospital in London has converted its 8 bedded theatre recovery bay into a 32 bedded ICU with vents. I’m so proud of them.
On the one hand this is great, but on the other... theatre recovery exists for a reason. We can delay elective procedures but people will still have appendicitis, bowel obstructions, major trauma and stuff that can't wait. I hope there is still capacity for them, too.

Reactions: 10
There are many factors but Germany is carrying out mass testing and the UK is not. Also a younger population is testing positive there.

“The apparent anomaly has sparked debate in Germany and beyond, though experts warn against drawing sweeping conclusions. They argue that the country’s low fatality rate most likely reflects the fact that the outbreak is still at a relatively early stage, and that the age profile of those affected has so far been younger than that in other countries. Younger patients without previous ailments have a much better chance of surviving Covid-19 than elderly”

Reactions: 2
This is a conversation between me and my brother. I actually dispair of him 😩
And the sad fact is, should the younger people get poorly who are still out and about going around like nothings wrong, will be prioritised over older patients when it comes down to doctors having to make the awful decision who gets a ventilator. Selfish motherfuckers.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 36
And the sad fact is, should the younger people who are still out and about going around like nothings wrong, will be prioritised over older patients when it comes down to doctors having to make the awful decision who gets a ventilator. Selfish motherfuckers.
Exactly! 😩

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.