Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Got up, plenty of fluids, hot shower. And coughs for worse, can barely speak a sentence now without coughing fit. Nothing coming up with it. Chest feels heavy and tight.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
There's so much contradiction. Elderly and vulnerable people stay in and isolate, but the supermarkets will open for an hour just for you, so really the only ones who should be going are those with no family support but they will all go.
Exercise is good but when everyone else has the same idea it's not! I've just been walking round my town and avoiding the high street. Would love to walk round our country park, but as the weather is so nice I know everyone else will too!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hi- newbie here, but have been browsing Tattle for months! I'm hoping for much more stringent measures to be announced today around the 'Stay Put' message- I think it's quite a forlorn hope tbh especially when we're seeing articles like this...:(

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
There's so much contradiction. Elderly and vulnerable people stay in and isolate, but the supermarkets will open for an hour just for you, so really the only ones who should be going are those with no family support but they will all go.
Exercise is good but when everyone else has the same idea it's not! I've just been walking round my town and avoiding the high street. Would love to walk round our country park, but as the weather is so nice I know everyone else will too!
I took the dog for a walk yesterday to our local park and it was heaving with people, luckily it’s big enough so I didn’t get close to anyone, but it seemed everyone was out (not just those walking dogs!) x

Reactions: 5
I'd wait for the details to be released, I would be very surprised if they're incentivising closing the whole business over keeping it open with skeleton staff.
Because we are childcare providers we were instructed full closure as schools. Now we can remain open for key workers children but the early years sector has no help off the government and it will put nurseries out of business.

As it stands the 80% is only available to complete shut down not partial
I'd wait for the details to be released, I would be very surprised if they're incentivising closing the whole business over keeping it open with skeleton staff.
The whole point of the 80% pay is to encourage businesses to close down as a temporary measure. They don't want non essential businesses to open as this sends a message of business as normal.

They don't want non essential businesses like pubs and restaurants opening at all to prevent people from gathering there.

We are an essential business and if you choose not to work then you claim universal credit

• Angry
Reactions: 1
Agreed, I have had a good look online (including UKGOV) and I cannot find any mention of having to close down the whole business and letting staff go. That does not sound logical seeing as the whole point of the government paying 80% of wages is to stop companies making people unemployed.

I am sure it will be clarified in the coming days.

Reactions: 2
Agreed! My particular favourite is “don’t go and see your mum for Mother’s Day. But please (as a key worker) do leave your kids with her every day you work rather than using a place at their school.”

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
I went to my local Costa (takeaway only) this morning. Usually go every Sunday and it’s half full, today I was the only person in there

They received an order on the app while I was being served and one barista asked the other who it was. When she told her, she replied “oh, he normally orders blah blah blah, but recently he’s been ordering a skinny latte”

Just made me kind of sad as they obviously care about their customers. I hope the company is treating them well

They normally make a fuss of my daughter but today they did it from afar which I appreciated too

Reactions: 12
Only 3 days ago Italy overtook China in deaths and today they're expected to have double the number of deaths as China!! But so many will be visiting their mums today becaus the government has been underplaying this!! 😠😠

• Wow
  • Sad
Does anyone know when there will be a live speech today in the UK? I missed yesterday's as I assumed it would be 4pm -5pm and it came on at 2pm.

Stupid question, dont laugh, but does anyone know if you are on lockdown can you walk to the post box to post a letter?

Agreed! My particular favourite is “don’t go and see your mum for Mother’s Day. But please (as a key worker) do leave your kids with her every day you work rather than using a place at their school.”
My son’s school has said you must only send them if you’ve absolutely exhausted every other avenue of child care.... well seeing as they’ve said you can’t use grandparents and the other fit enough people in the family will still be working then I think it’s a given they’ll have to use their school place!

Does anyone know when there will be a live speech today in the UK? I missed yesterday's as I assumed it would be 4pm -5pm and it came on at 2pm.

Stupid question, dont laugh, but does anyone know if you are on lockdown can you walk to the post box to post a letter?
I assume so - I’ve heard people being encouraged to write to elderly relatives as a way of keeping in contact and I’m certain the postal service has to keep going as it’s pretty essential

No idea about the update though

• Heart
Reactions: 3
7 more people have died in Wales.

Deaths in Wales up from 5 to 12 in the last day.

• Sad
Buying food (only one person from a household at a time can enter)
Medical - pharmacy
Walking dog(only 50 m from your house)
Going to work (but most work places have shut now and people are either working from home or are on a suspended contract getting 70% pay from government)

Basically you cannot leave your flat and police are manning the streets- sending you home or fining you
Min fine €600

• Wow
Everyone acting like the government have given us a 12 month summer holiday for the laugh...
I'm surprised we have not had a 'Covideo now on youtube guys'

How to style your face mask with outfits from Primark.
How we baked banana bread waiting for Boris to update
Our reaction to Rishi!! He said what?!!!!
Trolled by UK GOV Influencer not on the key worker list 😉

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.