Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How's the eff is bloody numpty Trump still being allowed, unchallenged to call it the " Chinese virus" instead of its proper medical name!!!! He did again today in his pod speech...words fail me honestly... Him being in charge of the USA has never been more scary. There is no scientific evidence yet as to exactly where it first biologically emerged and will prob be impossible to ever ascertain for certain. bleeping scary, arrogant, hole whose lack of intelligence or ability to listen or take advice from scientific medical experts is truly truly frightening.
Can I assume you are not a Trump supporter then?

Actually their is a great deal of evidence that strongly suggests the coronavirus originated in China, more specifically the Wuhan District, that the chinese government covered it up until they had no choice but to reveal it costing the rest of the world valuable time. China should expect scrutiny once this is all over otherwise we risk this happening again. Have a look around the web, there are plenty of articles written in the last 20 years warning of the risk of further virus outbreaks originating from China due to the hygiene standards and unusual meat choices in rural areas.

Trump may be crass in how he is putting it but he probably isn't wrong.

Perhaps he is inaccurate to call it the Chinese Virus, perhaps he should probably be calling it the Wuhan Virus. You'd think it wasn't common practise to name viruses after their area of origin.

1584871169391.png

Reactions: 8
Mumbai and Delhi looks crazy with no traffic 😱 looks like something out of a movie!

but a one day lockdown across India won't do much to stop the spread

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I'm surprised we have not had a 'Covideo now on youtube guys'

How to style your face mask with outfits from Primark.
How we baked banana bread waiting for Boris to update
Our reaction to Rishi!! He said what?!!!!
Trolled by UK GOV Influencer not on the key worker list 😉
I have bookmarked "How to make a facemask" video, but haven't actually made one yet. Instead I bury my face in my scarf and swear at anyone who coughs

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Mumbai and Delhi looks crazy with no traffic 😱 looks like something out of a movie!

but a one day lockdown across India won't do much to stop the spread
I know someone in Delhi (penpal) and haven't heard from her since all this happened. :(

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Just went out to our local huge Tesco (couldn't get an online delivery slot) and about 100+ people waiting outside as they're only allowing NHS workers to shop atm (which is great). Probably elderly too, as there's only young people outside waiting. Such a relief they're doing this in my town.

Exactly. On Friday I thought I’d go for one last walk on the beach before the schools shut, naively thinking it would be quiet. The carpark was packed at 11am and people everywhere 😳 Staying at home from now. It’s sad when the weather’s nice and it’s Mother’s Day today, but necessary and I wish everyone would realise it!
I just realised when everyone was talking about gardens, that I finally got approval for an allotment (after years of waiting), and now I can't go. Its not the worst thing in the world of course, but still.....a reminder of how things can change on the spin of a spiky pompom.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
My local shopping centre has also closed the food court, reduced hours and several of the shops are now closed. I have a friend that works at a travel agents in the shopping centre and she’s said it was so quiet yesterday and there were also armed police. I’ve not seen armed police in a shopping centre since the Manchester bombing.
This is not unusual! Armed police often walk around Meadowhall shopping centre.

Reactions: 1
It will be interesting to see what happens in the next few years,
the government aren’t going to be handing out aid without finding ways to get that money back, like during the recession,
We came out of that with new property taxes, so even if you own your house you pay 300/400 /500 /600 (depending on your house value) to the government.
Just because you owned your own house 🤦‍♀️
water meters were installed (let’s not talk about that)
We pay for recycling bins and normal bins.
How many more charges can they introduce to make you for what they’re handing out.

• Sad
Morning!
A friend's daughter is returning from New Zealand tomorrow, any idea if she needs to isolate on return. Her mum is a NHS key worker and we may have to find her a place to stay if daughter needs to isolate. Any thoughts gratefully received. Cant find any info online
Hi my son came back from Canada last Sunday tho he get told he didn't need to self isolate if showing no symptoms he has anyway just to be extra cautious and because I'm a high risk category, his word better safe then sorry and passing something on if you don't know you have it

Reactions: 2
It will be interesting to see what happens in the next few years,
the government aren’t going to be handing out aid without finding ways to get that money back, like during the recession,
We came out of that with new property taxes, so even if you own your house you pay 300/400/500/600 (depending on your house value) to the government.
Just because you owned your own house 🤦‍♀️
water meters were installed (let’s not talk about that)
We pay for recycling bins and normal bins.
How many more charges can they introduce to make you for what they’re handing out.
I want a citizens wage to come out of this and replace much of the benefits system. Automation was already destroying jobs at rapid rate. This has come at a time to make it a perfect storm. There just won't be the jobs for people in the future. Blue collar work has pretty much gone, white collar stuff is now being replaced by algorithms.

I won't rant about working tax credits😬, but the government has for many years been subsidising big corporations and incentivising part-time work on minimum wage. Probably came from a good place but long term is so detrimental.

• Heart
I believe in regards to returning from countries it’s all kind of gone to tit 😂 I can’t find anything as I’ve got employees coming from all over Europe.
I would assume to if they can, maybe self isolate for 7 days if no symptoms - or else it they can’t then any sign of a symptom to self isolate immediately?

I have bookmarked "How to make a facemask" video, but haven't actually made one yet. Instead I bury my face in my scarf and swear at anyone who coughs
When I go to the supermarket I'll be wearing a mask I got from the £1 shop in the DIY section (probably no good but still) under a scarf. 😊

• Haha
I've just watched a Russian (!) video on YouTube about how to make bread muffins using self raising flour and greek yoghurt. Just in case.....y'know, 🍞
You can make really simple flat breads with hardly any ingredients. Made a loaf of bread in the slow cooker the other day. It was heavy but edible 😂 Desperate times.

Reactions: 5
my dad works in a supermarket (in the uk) and he said they’re letting the vulnerable in early on the set days but when they’re all still queuing they’re letting everyone else in, i know they don’t really have time to wait until they’re all out but isn’t this defeating the point?

Ask them to put that in writing. Then she uses her holidays to self isolate, by which time fingers crossed, the place will have shut to everyone. If not, then she says you or another family member has symptoms, so she must isolate. At least if she has tried everything by the book, and they essentially force her to continue putting herself (and you) at risk, then I think she has to look out for her family. I'm not for lying in any form, but these are unique circumstances and putting profit before people is just wrong.
Thank you so much x

When I go to the supermarket I'll be wearing a mask I got from the £1 shop in the DIY section (probably no good but still) under a scarf. 😊
I wore gloves in Wilko yesterday. I was buying compost so it didn't look too wierd. Surprisingly tricky to count pounds notes out in plastic gloves though. I'm seeing more people in masks. If we all did it people might start being more careful. Still so many people seem so blasé.

I work at a convenience store in a seaside town. Yesterday was like a bank holiday weekend with queues packed like sardines. The company haven’t given us gloves or hand sanitizers at the tills. Clearly we aren’t worthy of being safeguarded as we are only worth minimum wage and aren’t health care workers.

I could cry, it all feels so hopeless right now 😢

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
Exactly so the death rate looks bad next to the number of people who have officially tested positive. There are people who think this has been in circulation longer than we realise as well. It was officially recognised dec 31st but the bbc did a report on a British man living in Wuhan who was ill in nov but it wasn’t officially diagnosed until Dec. But if that’s true surely people were travelling in and out of Wuhan would have been spreading it around. There’s just something off about it all. I don’t know what
The Chinese definitely covered this up but had to own up when it went out of control. as you say people travelling all over the place spreading it round the world.
i can honestly say i dont think ive ever seen so many chinese people here as i have since Coronavirus outbreak..maybe we just didnt notice them before..but the seemed to be everywhere..even in my local sainsbury's!
Probably just the media but every photo of an area in europe affected or quiet because of drop in travellers had the obligatory asian in mask in the picture!
I do think that once this is over they need to be accountable for this and they need to take a long hard look at the way they eat and keep/sell animals. they also need to be made to be more truthful!

I wore gloves in Wilko yesterday. I was buying compost so it didn't look too wierd. Surprisingly tricky to count pounds notes out in plastic gloves though. I'm seeing more people in masks. If we all did it people might start being more careful. Still so many people seem so blasé.
Well I dont have any plastic gloves I was debating whether to wear rubber gloves but thats just too weird.😆 The cashiers at my local co-op were wearing plastic gloves.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.