Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #116

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
" None, perhaps, have suffered under this blinkered approach more than the very vulnerable people in care homes, for many of whom it actually cost them their lives. "

the increase in reports of sexual abuse on residents during lockdown from staff is horrific. Absolutely horrific.

Breaking news the queen has a mild cold.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Sorry to whine again, those who had covid, when when you stop coughing up bloody mucus? I'm day 11. Fatigue and congestion and bloody mucus are my only remaining symptoms
For fatigue I took metatone. Apparently contains alcohol but I didn't see a % on the box or bottle 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 2
Everything expected to go in England that only leaves Wales and Scotland..( official)
Boris is a selfish horrible little man. This is utterly unbelievable. No thought or care at all for the immunosuppressed and clinically extremely vulnerable who won’t be able to do ANYTHING without risk now. It’s disgusting and it breaks my heart. Why on Earth would anyone in their right mind even want to go out and about with COVID and spreading it around? What really makes me laugh is when someone spreads their anti-vax/anti-mask/anti-isolation beliefs and you click their profile and they’ve donated to a Cancer Research fundraiser or whatever - they’re taking the absolute piss. People with cancer - something I’m only recently in remission from - are some of the worst off from this and those types of people act like they care about people with cancer? Give me a break. And if one more person tells me “but what about the vaccine” I’ll scream - the vaccine is all well and good and I’m absolutely pro-vaccine but sadly some immunosuppressed people (such as those with blood cancer) don’t get the antibodies from it, making it near enough useless to them.

I thought removing masks was bad, but this is tantamount to murder.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Boris is a selfish horrible little man. This is utterly unbelievable. No thought or care at all for the immunosuppressed and clinically extremely vulnerable who won’t be able to do ANYTHING without risk now. It’s disgusting and it breaks my heart. Why on Earth would anyone in their right mind even want to go out and about with COVID and spreading it around? What really makes me laugh is when someone spreads their anti-vax/anti-mask/anti-isolation beliefs and you click their profile and they’ve donated to a Cancer Research fundraiser or whatever - they’re taking the absolute piss. People with cancer - something I’m only recently in remission from - are some of the worst off from this and those types of people act like they care about people with cancer? Give me a break. And if one more person tells me “but what about the vaccine” I’ll scream - the vaccine is all well and good and I’m absolutely pro-vaccine but sadly some immunosuppressed people (such as those with blood cancer) don’t get the antibodies from it, making it near enough useless to them.

Yeah I do feel for people that have to live with the constant threat hopefully the Omicron won't be as severe .

News conference tomorrow evening
6646DCF7-EC11-438A-9088-90FAF7572FD7.jpeg

Last edited:

But people have always been walking around with it, unless you were a close contact, had symptoms or were asked to test for work you could have easily walk around with it. At what point do we start living again? Stay inside and wear masks for another 2/3 years?

Many people walk around with colds and other bugs normally and it’s just part of life, we cannot protect everyone from everything.

Reactions: 22

I am very sorry for your situation but at the same time for people like you and I every single year we face the risk of dying from a heavy cold or flu.

So many people would have no idea there even was a virus if it wasnt reported 24/7 I am one of those people.. I would have thought a bad cold virus was doing the rounds.

If I had one bit of advice for anyone scared right now of anything Russia, virus, Climate anything that is going on .. just turn the TV and radio off.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Yeah I do feel for people that have to live with the constant threat hopefully the Omicron won't be as severe .

News conference tomorrow evening
Screenshot_20220221-083238_Chrome.jpg
View attachment 1077055
I don't understand how they can say nearly 3 years. 2020- 2021 and 2021-2022, it's only nearly 2 years.

No wonder people don't believe what published about the pandemic.

Reactions: 6
I don't understand how they can say nearly 3 years. 2020- 2021 and 2021-2022, it's only nearly 2 years.

Why is my attachment like that ? it's not even my SS ...yeah it's only been 2yrs by my estimates .

Why is my attachment like that ? it's not even my SS ...yeah it's only been 2yrs by my estimates .
I thought the original attachment hadn't gone in my post ( cos sometimes they don't show in a quote) so I added it again to show the 3 year statement

I thought the original attachment hadn't gone in my post ( cos sometimes they don't show in a quote) so I added it again to show the 3 year statement
I was wondering how it looked like that 😂

Anecdotes mean nothing on forums but here goes:

@Stitched I know a person who has cancer amongst many other serious ongoing health issues. He found it difficult to breathe in masks but still wore them, he's boostered too.
He caught covid and was flu-like unwell for under 2 weeks. He rested, ate well and recovered.

He was initially terrified he might die because he knew it was covid, I shan't pretend, I was nervous for him because of his already weak health.
But once his fear was replaced with trying to stay calm and just needing to listen to his body (and not watch any daily panic inducing covid news reports) he recovered. He is alive.

I feel for your fears, anger and anxiety but society has been shut down and trying to recover to help the vulnerable since the pandemic, hospital delays, kids still missing out on teachers and their education (although they are feeling well) and it can't be forever.
Pre masks and vaccines the working population that couldn't WFH had to continue going to work throughout eg shops, factories, construction and manual labour, they had to live with the virus and sadly nobody worried about their welfare, (just wanted their ocado deliveries!).

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
The Queen might give people a bit of reassurance once they see her able to carry on despite being in the extremely vulnerable group .

Reactions: 5
Anyone know if unvaccinated will be able to travel abroad? It seems that many countries require tourists to be double vaxxed.
Dubai and Mexico let in anyone, you need a PCR test for Dubai and nothing for Mexico
If you Google there's a few more but they were the main holiday destinations that stuck in my mind :)

Reactions: 3

There was no such thing as 2020. The period between 2019 and 2022 was a single unit of time, the two-year known as '202021' .

+/- jedi handwave 'these are not the years you are looking for'

• Haha
Reactions: 5

Surely the free testing would be better used in healthcare than giving them to the vulnerable if there’s a choice to be made.

Whittys trending on Twitter

54DCCAD9-13FE-4496-ACCF-E0899327A41D.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.