Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #116

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is Scotland automatically sending out vaccination appointments now??🤦🏻‍♀️Just received an email saying my appointments been booked when i’ve never even done it!
They automatically gave out appointments at the start. They are probably sending them out now to people who haven’t got them voluntarily to try and catch those who maybe do still want them but had issues with the booking system or couldn’t get appointments when it was really busy.

Reactions: 1
They automatically gave out appointments at the start. They are probably sending them out now to people who haven’t got them voluntarily to try and catch those who maybe do still want them but had issues with the booking system or couldn’t get appointments when it was really busy.
I’m double jabbed but not getting my booster now, my brother and my sister in law are also double jabbed with no booster and they even got the jab appointment booked automatically.

Is Scotland automatically sending out vaccination appointments now??🤦🏻‍♀️Just received an email saying my appointments been booked when i’ve never even done it!
Maybe they think people will either turn up or rearrange to a more convenient time, rather than not getting round to booking an appointment at all.

My covid PCR result came back 2 hours and 10 mins…it was a drive through test. How could it possibly be back this early? Might it be a mistake?

I’ve been positive via PCR since monday. I’m so ill 😩 contracted from the ward I work on. I have a heart condition so been keeping an eye on my hr. Any idea when the symptoms might sod off? It’s being gastricky alongside everything else 🤮

• Sad
Reactions: 8
From Feb 19th, regulations banning the unvaxxed from bars and restaurants are to be relaxed, with individuals who have neither been vaccinated, nor have recovered from COVID-19, once again to be allowed present a negative test for the disease in order to enter such establishments.

Reactions: 5
From Feb 19th, regulations banning the unvaxxed from bars and restaurants are to be relaxed, with individuals who have neither been vaccinated, nor have recovered from COVID-19, once again to be allowed present a negative test for the disease in order to enter such establishments.

Thank goodness for that

Reactions: 2
Anyone know if unvaccinated will be able to travel abroad? It seems that many countries require tourists to be double vaxxed.

Reactions: 3
I’ve been positive via PCR since monday. I’m so ill 😩 contracted from the ward I work on. I have a heart condition so been keeping an eye on my hr. Any idea when the symptoms might sod off? It’s being gastricky alongside everything else 🤮
So sorry to hear that @Warriorqueen it is pretty awful in the beginning isn't it? My recent experience is that i'm over the worst of covid and (touch wood) just about recovered. I got ill on the 4th and (also with gastric symptoms) and for me the first 5 days were the worst.
Just very tired and nauseous and with a very sore throat (I still haven't got my voice back completely) and a chesty cough and mucus (sorry if tmi).
I also have a heart condition and had periods of having a slightly raised heart rate (seemed to happen in the night time) but it would subside after a few minutes.
However that didn't last very long as a symptom, only a few days, so I wasn't unduly concerned.
Of course I would recommend getting it checked out if it persists.
I wish you all the best and hope that you don't feel too awful for long, and that you pass it quickly.
Hang on in there, it does get better....sending love ❤

• Heart
Interesting. If anyone wants to do as Dr John says and pass this on. It could be important to get this advice out there and hopefully rules can be changed.

Interesting. If anyone wants to do as Dr John says and pass this on. It could be important to get this advice out there and hopefully rules can be changed.

I asked a friend who was a practice nurse about needle aspiration in about 2016 (way before Covid) as to why it stopped - I was there for travel vaccinations. She said then that it was a combo of using more of a different type of syringe which didn’t cater to it (AD maybe??) and that it was no longer standard practice from the nursing guidelines for subcutaneous or intramuscular injections. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I asked a friend who was a practice nurse about needle aspiration in about 2016 (way before Covid) as to why it stopped - I was there for travel vaccinations. She said then that it was a combo of using more of a different type of syringe which didn’t cater to it (AD maybe??) and that it was no longer standard practice from the nursing guidelines for subcutaneous or intramuscular injections. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Think it's something to do with retracting needles that they use nowadays .

According to Dr Campbell, it seems a lot of it was also to do with WHO changes the guidelines and claiming it's not important to aspirate, so that's been carried on. As he says, it may not be a sure fire solution to limiting the side effects completely, but the evidence from countries who have been aspirating the needle seem to have had better outcomes. He mentioned the latter in a video a little while back too.

Think it's something to do with retracting needles that they use nowadays .
Yeah, AD (auto-disable) syringes only allow one depression I believe, and aren’t really compatible with aspiration which is part of the reason for the reduction in the process. (happy to be corrected by a professional)

Yeah, AD (auto-disable) syringes only allow one depression I believe, and aren’t really compatible with aspiration which is part of the reason for the reduction in the process. (happy to be corrected by a professional)
Yes it's something like that some kind of safety feature I believe.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Sorry to whine again, those who had covid, when when you stop coughing up bloody mucus? I'm day 11. Fatigue and congestion and bloody mucus are my only remaining symptoms

• Heart
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.