Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #116

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was negative today and yesterday so I went out and walked the dog . If I hadn't tested negative, I would've been released tomorrow. The rest of my family are a bit behind me .

Reactions: 3
It’s only taken 2yrs to let us know self isolation is not legally binding only guidance 😮
I’ll be honest, I’m not very up on NI politics but I’m interested. How did it come about? Did Robins dealing swoosh it?

Secondary, were the ever legally binding anywhere in the UK?

Can I get honest opinions -

Partner has tested positive with symptoms (we live together). I am negative, no symptoms. He is isolating in different rooms but obviously some crossover we can't help. Do I isolate too or continue as normal just with regular testing and keeping as much distance as I can? I know its not legal requirement for me to isolate now but is it morally wrong for me to continue going out and about? Would you frown upon it?

Partner has tested positive with symptoms (we live together). I am negative, no symptoms. He is isolating in different rooms but obviously some crossover we can't help. Do I isolate too or continue as normal just with regular testing and keeping as much distance as I can? I know its not legal requirement for me to isolate now but is it morally wrong for me to continue going out and about? Would you frown upon it?
Happened to me in September. I carried on with my life. Nothing morally wrong about it at all.

Reactions: 10

I'd follow government guidance that way you know you're following the rules set out to keep us all safe ;) and noone can pass judgment as even Whitty himself has agreed to them .

I’ll be honest, I’m not very up on NI politics but I’m interested. How did it come about? Did Robins dealing swoosh it?

Secondary, were the ever legally binding anywhere in the UK?
Yeah he was able to lift them without a working executive as part of his job description as long as he had the backing of the other parties ...it was /is a legal requirement in England .

Reactions: 5

I'd do the regular testing and then just make a decision on things as they arise - e.g. if I test negative and need shopping I'd do it, but would wear a mask.

I wouldn't go into the office - though that's admittedly easy for me because I can easily work from home.

I probably wouldn't go to larger social events where I might pass it on. But that's just me.

Reactions: 4
This is how stupid travelling to some places are these days. To travel to Rome, you need to wear a ffp2 mask on the plane, not a normal mask.

At 12:50 onwards of the following video, crazy.

Same situation for me and partner (me positive him negative) he wfh anyway but continued to do food shop, he was negative with no symptoms so didn’t see a issue at all

actually government guidance even states if you’re positive and have no one to do a food shop for you you can go yourself 🤪

See if you worked for the nhs as long as you were negative daily you still would have to be in work.
If you can lft before going out as long as its negative then i would carry on as normal

Finally caught covid last week. How long did it take to test negative on a lateral flow for those of you were asymptomatic/maybe mild cold symptoms?

Finally caught covid last week. How long did it take to test negative on a lateral flow for those of you were asymptomatic/maybe mild cold symptoms?
Took me 12 days! I had the mildest symptoms going and have had worse hay fever than I did covid.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I am (mostly) feeling better, (day 8) but how long did it take for the fatigue and congestion to go for people? I feel bad as I'm still off work sick. Feel like I should be back to work but I can't make it through the day without sleeping

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
I am (mostly) feeling better, (day 8) but how long did it take for the fatigue and congestion to go for people? I feel bad as I'm still off work sick. Feel like I should be back to work but I can't make it through the day without sleeping
It's taken me exactly 2 weeks for the fatigue and congestion to (nearly) disappear.
However I still get moments of nausea and I still have an upset stomach (although better appetite than last time).
Although things still taste strange (metallic).
I hope you recover soon, it does seem to take time, which I know can be frustrating, but at least you're over the worst, and I'm sure you'll be back at work soon.
Take care.

• Heart
Just been hospital for my child and was really surprised that so many covid rules were still in place

masks understandable but only 1 parent per child, limited space in waiting rooms with seats 2 metres apart so some patients had to wait in cars til they were seen

I thought all that would of been abolished by now!
Why would it and why should it? People can’t just avoid hospital. They should be and should feel safe.

To be honest, I came out of isolation Monday this week and I am still feeling similar tiredness and fatigue to when I was having all the other covid symptoms too. I really want to shake it, have been trying to take walks for light exercise to see if it will boost my energy but its still hanging about for now.

Reactions: 2
Is Scotland automatically sending out vaccination appointments now??🤦🏻‍♀️Just received an email saying my appointments been booked when i’ve never even done it!

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.