Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #114

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m just still feeling rotten so getting positives is just screwing with my mental health.
If doesn’t matter, you can stop isolating after day 10 irrespective of this. It’s possible to test positive for some time I believe, but doesn’t necessarily mean you are still capable of infecting others.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
I’m just still feeling rotten so getting positives is just screwing with my mental health.
I’m sorry to hear that and if I were you I would stop testing. It’s not achieving anything but making you worry. Some people can take longer to fully recover, but I’m sure you will be fine.

Reactions: 10
I’m sorry to hear that and if I were you I would stop testing. It’s not achieving anything but making you worry. Some people can take longer to fully recover, but I’m sure you will be fine.
Yeah as I’m not vaxxed this has done a number on me but my chest is clear I’m just absolutely destroyed from coughing, vomiting, sinus pain etc etc it’s just worn me out

• Sad
Reactions: 4
“The current policy of release at seven days with two negative tests means around two in five infectious cases are missed, according to the data.” (From BBC)

If I am understanding this correctly - Releasing at 7 days means 2 in 5 infectious cases are missed. How is reducing this to 5 days going to make it better.

Reactions: 1
Yeah as I’m not vaxxed this has done a number on me but my chest is clear I’m just absolutely destroyed from coughing, vomiting, sinus pain etc etc it’s just worn me out
I currently have it too and spent all Tuesday morning vomiting, which was very unpleasant. Thankfully that symptom didn’t last long and I’m feeling much better now with more cold like symptoms. It seems to affect people differently and I haven’t spoken to anyone else who has had it and experienced vomiting.

Reactions: 2
I currently have it too and spent all Tuesday morning vomiting, which was very unpleasant. Thankfully that symptom didn’t last long and I’m feeling much better now with more cold like symptoms. It seems to affect people differently and I haven’t spoken to anyone else who has had it and experienced vomiting.
Yes it is a symptom, glad you’re feeling better👍🏻
E0F9FB1C-B5C0-4EB1-B6C5-53EE6B02B67A.jpeg

Reactions: 3
Anyone still getting positive antigens on day 11/12 cos I am and it’s pissing me right off!
Took me and my husband over 14 days to get a negative LFT 🙃

But isolation ended after 10 days we were just doing them out of curiosity

Not surprised. Even the Nazi's had a minister of propaganda. Just wondering what the budget for this was.

Reactions: 6
Has anyone actually, or know anybody, who has tested negative as early as day 5??

When me and my partner had Covid in September, he tested negative on day 6 and I tested negative on day 7. Him and his brother have just had Covid and my partner tested negative on Day 8 (&9) and his brother never tested negative during isolation. A few other people I know with omicron never tested negative either on days 6 & 7.

My partner is at my house now, straight after he was allowed to come out of isolation. So I'm currently seeing if the negative isolation rule works 🤞😂

Has anyone actually, or know anybody, who has tested negative as early as day 5??

When me and my partner had Covid in September, he tested negative on day 6 and I tested negative on day 7. Him and his brother have just had Covid and my partner tested negative on Day 8 (&9) and his brother never tested negative during isolation. A few other people I know with omicron never tested negative either on days 6 & 7.

My partner is at my house now, straight after he was allowed to come out of isolation. So I'm currently seeing if the negative isolation rule works 🤞😂
I don’t know anyone testing negative as early as this. Same goes for testing negative on day 6/7, majority still testing positive after this period of time. No idea how this is going to pan out.

How long do you remain infectious ? I thought you were more infectious before symptoms start ,haven't they found with omicron the vast majority of people are asymptomatic.

How long do you remain infectious ? I thought you were more infectious before symptoms start ,haven't they found with omicron the vast majority of people are asymptomatic.
I don’t think they really know for sure. From what I’ve read, they think peak infectiousness is just before and during the first few days of illness.

I don’t know anyone testing negative as early as this. Same goes for testing negative on day 6/7, majority still testing positive after this period of time. No idea how this is going to pan out.
My self and my two children all tested negative day 6 and 7. As did the family who we contracted it from bar 1 one of them and they are a family of 6. The last one tested negative day 7 and 8. Also family another family of 4 who caught it from the same New Year’s Eve gathering, also tested negative day 6 and 7. They could all be lying who knows, however, it was certainly the case for us.

Last edited:
No waaaaaaay

Yes, somewhat unsurprising, not a lot different from all those 'use the pedestrian crossing or end up looking like this' type horror show adverts though without needing any of the special effects or makeup.

My self and my two children all tested negative day 6 and 7. As did the family who we contracted it from bar 1 one of them and they are a family of 6. The last one tested negative day 7 and 8. Also family another family of 4 who caught it from the same New Year’s Eve gathering, also tested negative day 6 and 7. They could all be lying who knows, however, it was certainly they case for us.
I think it varies from person to person but to read that releasing on day 7 with 2 negative tests, means 2 in 5 infectious cases are being missed does not make sense for them to reduce it to 5 days.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.