Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #108

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is going to destroy hospitality all these parties and events being cancelled last minute with no financial aid.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 29
It's the stupid 'Go to the pub but don't go to the pub' all over again. He never gives a bleeping straight answer

Reactions: 18
I’ve got a team lunch on 22nd. So far that is going ahead but the meeting we were going to have in the office beforehand has been cancelled

Reactions: 2
I remember being on that thread and probably being the only person who followed restrictions for a day at most 😅
Not that I was doing anything crazy!
Just breaking the travel restrictions rules daily and seeing my family 😕 no regrets.
Me too. Absolutely no regrets. My grandad doesn’t know who I am anymore, my last Christmas with him is the most precious memory I have with him. I’m glad I broke the law and I’d bleeping do it again in a heartbeat

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Our staff party just got cancelled and it’s only 6 of us that had booked a table at a local restaurant. Makes no sense to me that I can go out for dinner with 5 of my friends but can’t go out with colleagues 🤷🏻‍♀️
5 mates get ill = doesn't matter

5 people at work get ill at a work function = suddenly it's business

Companies protecting themselves innit.

Reactions: 3
Our staff party just got cancelled and it’s only 6 of us that had booked a table at a local restaurant. Makes no sense to me that I can go out for dinner with 5 of my friends but can’t go out with colleagues 🤷🏻‍♀️
I am *not* defending the rules here because I think they're a load of pish but a friend pointed out to me that a works do would mean risking an entire department/company self isolating at the same time, which is unlikely to happen in any other setting. I'd not thought of it like that

5 mates get ill = doesn't matter

5 people at work get ill at a work function = suddenly it's business

Companies protecting themselves innit.
Thank you for putting it so much more succinctly than I did

I wrote in the last thread that after the mask announcement my hairdresser put a post online saying they’ll be requiring proof of vaccination or a neg LFT result
I’ve also just got a email from my child’s swimming class to say as per government advice face coverings are now required
I’m getting a bit tired of people/businesses making up their own ‘rules’
I realise as a ‘business’ they can do/say what they want (within reason) but it still doesn’t sit right with me
Obviously a business can make up silly rules or refuse admission to their premises, but how would they know you were using a genuine covid pass ? ( I've not downloaded the app or anything so I don't know what it's like ) or you could use someone else's.

Do they actually scan Covid passes or could you just screenshot anyone's and just wave it in their face walking on through

Do they actually scan Covid passes or could you just screenshot anyone's and just wave it in their face walking on through
From experience of having to use the app to get into a gig in Sept you just flash them the screen, they didn't even look in fairness. I highly doubt anyone paid to check especially for large events gives enough of a tit to be thorough about it. Its got your name on and a qr code so if you wanted to could use a friends of the same sex and be ok in theory.

Reactions: 2
Wowsers! how long before we’re hitting the 100kView attachment 916337
Why are people even getting tested? I don't get it. Unless you are sick and need hospital treatment, why are people getting tested?! We are at about 16% of the population having had covid (my phone put cocks here first) now so we can't blame the great unvaccinated unwashed anymore.

Remember, only 3.5% of the population are needed to change the course of action. I have again written to my mp today, he is wedged so far up Boris' butt that he has no free thought but I like to let him know we are not OK with their nonsense.

Reactions: 22
Why are people even getting tested? I don't get it. Unless you are sick and need hospital treatment, why are people getting tested?! We are at about 16% of the population having had covid (my phone put cocks here first) now so we can't blame the great unvaccinated unwashed anymore.

Remember, only 3.5% of the population are needed to change the course of action. I have again written to my mp today, he is wedged so far up Boris' butt that he has no free thought but I like to let him know we are not OK with their nonsense.
Are the general public actually testing themselves if they have no symptoms? or is it schools accounting for the high numbers.

Vaccines still somewhat effective.

View attachment 916368
They said that a few days ago

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.