Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thought we were overdue another covid thread

who knows maybe Santa will bring us all the cure and stop the spread

old thread:

Reactions: 1

Crackers that someone will be able to test positive for covid and go about their normal life. I can't imagine businesses will want a positive covid case to knowingly be on the premises even if they are legally allowed to be.

Reactions: 7
I think, at the same time, mass testing will stop so you won’t even know if you are Covid positive. I feel so good about this, a real sign of living with the virus. I had a cough/cold last week. Didn’t test. Don’t think it was Covid mind cos I didn’t lose my taste or smell but no one batted an eyelid at my occasional coughing fit. Roll on March!

Reactions: 11
My husband tested positive on Tuesday, one of our kids yesterday and me, today.
I'm CEV so not thrilled.
Husband has slept 15 hours a day. I'm frantically trying to wash the negative child's bedding so they can go back in their own room and stay away from us before the fatigue kicks in and gets me too.
Great stuff.

Reactions: 9

An example of one of the many countries in Europe now experiencing more restrictions and record daily cases. Compare to the UK that released most restrictions in the summer so people could continue to build up immunity during the warmer months, so now it's flu season we aren't in such a bad place and look a lot better off than our neighbouring countries.

Take care, and rest as much as you can xx

Just had jab no 4, at a mass vaccination centre it’s so busy they don’t have enough seats for everyone to wait 15 mins!

Reactions: 3
My daughter had her family have just had it, they said for them it was like a bad cold. I hope you don't get it too bad. rest as much as you can
My son had it and said he was very tried and slept a lot

Reactions: 2
The situation went South so so fast in Germany.
The number of daily new cases is almost as high as in the UK now...

So vaccinated and unvaccinated can go about as normal from then on without having to test?

How does this bode for passports, given at the moment you cant enter pubs etc without one in some parts of the UK but everyone will be able to roam freely with covid?!

Why does nothing they do ever make sense?

Reactions: 3
Austria is placing about 2 million unvaccinated people in lockdown from Monday amid record infection levels and growing pressure on hospitals.

So that's the second European country doing some sort of lock down in theast few days. If this happens like the other ones they'll be talking about a lockdown in the UK in a couple of weeks

Reactions: 11
Very interesting they are only locking down unvaccinated people, I’m shocked by that decision - do they have a better vaccine passport system for policing it than we do here as it just wouldn’t work here due to that.

Also the vast majority in the UK are vaccinated (Netherlands and Austria both have far lower uptake at around 65% compared with our almost 90%) so a lockdown of the unvaccinated would not have the same impact here.

Reactions: 5
Also the vast majority in the UK are vaccinated (Netherlands and Austria both have far lower uptake at around 65% compared with our almost 90%) so a lockdown of the unvaccinated would not have the same impact here.
I think that 90% is only for older people. Of the UK adult population as a whole it's much lower. The source Google uses says 68.9% for England - so not far off the countries that are taking action now.

Reactions: 2
Boosters have been extended to all adults over 40 and second doses for 16/17 yr olds

Boosters will be given to all adults once the data shows they're needed

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.