Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #101

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good question, I was wondering the same.
I became yet another casualty of the pingpocalypse yesterday and my self isolation is due to end on the 18th - though as it's technically only advisory I thinnk I could manage to summon the spirit of rebellion and break it two days early, on tiptoe and with a mere string quartet instead of a fanfare.
i work for the NHS visiting vulnerable people in their homes. Part of my work can be done from home, over the phone. I’ve told my manager that if I’m pinged I am not happy to go on home visits. She agreed.

Reactions: 5
i work for the NHS visiting vulnerable people in their homes. Part of my work can be done from home, over the phone. I’ve told my manager that if I’m pinged I am not happy to go on home visits. She agreed.
It’s the right thing to do IMO, can’t ever be too careful with this virus, the consequences are just devastating when people ignore the advice to stay in isolation 💔

Reactions: 6

The problem with only testing people who show symptoms is people going around spreading it without knowing, putting us in a worse position and more likely to have restrictions back.

Reactions: 3
Not feeling too good tonight, all over body aches, taken a LFT which was negative, just hoping it’s a cold but a little scared right now.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Not feeling too good tonight, all over body aches, taken a LFT which was negative, just hoping it’s a cold but a little scared right now.
It may just be a cold or you are under the weather. If you’re still feeling like this in a couple of days or you get more symptoms, perhaps order a PCR test for peace of mind. Hope you feel better soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It may just be a cold or you are under the weather. If you’re still feeling like this in a couple of days or you get more symptoms, perhaps order a PCR test for peace of mind. Hope you feel better soon.
Thank you not been ill since Feb 2020 so this is gonna hit me hard but I’ll ride it out 🙏

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I don’t think body aches are a symptom of the onset of coronavirus so try not to worry it’s maybe a cold or could even be down to dehydration or stress there’s so many possibilities for all over body aches. Just get plenty of rest and fluids and if more symptoms develop in line with coronavirus book a PCR test. Hope you are ok and feel better soon, listen to your body and take it easy as best you can ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
A lot of people seem to be getting generally ill at the moment. I think it's an effect of opening up and other things spreading around. The other viruses want their turn too. The annoying thing is that any slight illness at the moment still causes panic, especially in offices.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
A lot of people seem to be getting generally ill at the moment. I think it's an effect of opening up and other things spreading around. The other viruses want their turn too. The annoying thing is that any slight illness at the moment still causes panic, especially in offices.
This is very true. I’ve seen hospital doctors put out statements that other viruses are circulating and they’re more severe than what they usually are because our bodies haven’t had the opportunity to be exposed to germs, bacteria and viruses the same as what we normally would so people are feeling the effects more than they usually would too. I think that’s why it’s important that we don’t lockdown again we need to ensure we have immune systems that are used to germ exposure it’s not healthy to live in a clinically sterile environment.

Reactions: 8
Does anybody know whether effectiveness of the vaccine will be lower after 12 weeks? My friend has his first jab 12 weeks ago, but since then he was undecided about getting the 2nd jab due to misinformation and scaremongering basically.

Now he's decided he thinks he wants to get the second one. What is the efficacy of taking the second jab over the 12 week mark? I haven't been able to find out exactly.

Does anybody know whether effectiveness of the vaccine will be lower after 12 weeks? My friend has his first jab 12 weeks ago, but since then he was undecided about getting the 2nd jab due to misinformation and scaremongering basically.

Now he's decided he thinks he wants to get the second one. What is the efficacy of taking the second jab over the 12 week mark? I haven't been able to find out exactly.
Prob best checking with the vaccinators they might not have the data handy though depending on how many ppl have waited that gap. I’m sure some others have held off tho so wouldn’t worry too much. a lot of ppl have delayed when catching covid inbetween vaccines as you’ve to wait 28 days or something so they might have an idea

I think leaving it longer than 12 weeks is not great because the effects of the first may start to weaken. Also the recommendation is 4-12 weeks so you are already looking at the top end of the recommendation between the two doses.

Probably best thing your friend can do is call his GP and ask for some advice on this.

The article today in the daily Mail about teenagers getting myocarditis isn’t very reassuring. I don’t think children should given it even people in their early twenties. There has never been a vaccine as dangerous as this there really hasn’t been. Also I am sick of so much misinformation being online you don’t know what is the truth and what isn’t anymore. I read somewhere that a group of NHS doctors have been trying to get out that the Pfizer vaccine is poison and that there have been loads of incidents of death and illness from them and that’s why they no longer ask are you vaccinated at A and E. I have also read that it will effect our immunity against other virus now. The media is so toxic but this vaccine seems to be really dangerous.

• Haha
Reactions: 4

I have a colleague who’s daughter had her first vaccine, then got pregnant just after so held off on her second one, but after speaking to her midwife she changed her mind and had her second. I think there was about a 4 month gap between the two doses, and it was still considered to be her second dose. But they need to check with their GP or vaccinator to be sure

The article today in the daily Mail about teenagers getting myocarditis isn’t very reassuring. I don’t think children should given it even people in their early twenties. There has never been a vaccine as dangerous as this there really hasn’t been. Also I am sick of so much misinformation being online you don’t know what is the truth and what isn’t anymore. I read somewhere that a group of NHS doctors have been trying to get out that the Pfizer vaccine is poison and that there have been loads of incidents of death and illness from them and that’s why they no longer ask are you vaccinated at A and E. I have also read that it will effect our immunity against other virus now. The media is so toxic but this vaccine seems to be really dangerous.

No no no. I have to respectfully disagree with you. Covid is dangerous. It kills people. The vaccine helps to prevent death and suffering. Millions of people have now taken the vaccine and whilst there have been some side effects, we all are individuals and react differently.

I do hope the scaremongering isn't upsetting you too badly. You could speak with your GP for reassurance.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
However it's been shown that myocarditis is six times more common after covid-19 infection than vaccination.

Reactions: 9

I would definitely get them to check with a GP, not sure what the cut off is but at some point they go back to start again and you have to have vaccine 1 then 2 because it’s been left too long

My best friend and her husband have both been very ill - PCR tests negative so another virus. She said it’s the most ill she’s felt in her life! Her husband is better now but because he still has a bit of a cough he isn’t allowed to go back to work.. so annoying

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.