Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #101

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry I meant to say ‘informed conclusion’ rather than ‘decision’…I have since edited my post to correct the word. Unfortunately there is a lot of mis information spreading on the internet and social media and instead of helping people make informed decisions, it does the opposite.

Really sorry to hear about your cousin. I hope he is on the mend and is receiving the best medical care.
I agree it’s the case with a lot of things. I think instead of the government bribing young people to take the risks they should use the money to put out transparent education which answers all the hard questions honestly. I think the way it’s only shown that vaccines are great and wonderful, paired with the incentivising only adds to scepticism. There should also be a harder line taken to take down misinformation that is genuinely misinformation things like it being a tracker or 5G or all that usual crazy batshit stuff.

Thank you. He’s slowly recovering but just glad he’s alive it was a very scary time for us all aa we were told he was very unstable! Can’t fault the team around him they’re heroes

The majority of the population are vaccinated so ratio wise that makes total sense but that article is also old. Vallance stated on the 19th July briefing that 60% in hospital were unvaccinated.
Thank you! The unvaccinated (just 10% of adults) make up 60% of hospitalisations. Why people are still saying that the vaccines don't reduce risk of hospitalisation when such a small minority makes up the majority in hospital is beyond me.

Reactions: 5
Got my second jab in the end today. Managed to get into quite a state about it overnight, worrying about side effects, but seven hours on and the worst I've felt so far is a slightly sore arm at times and a bit like that I have a mild cold. Hoping that's the worst things will get, then I've been lucky.

Now I'm hoping I won't have to have constant "booster" vaccines as the powers that be keep hinting may be a thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Thank you! The unvaccinated (just 10% of adults) make up 60% of hospitalisations. Why people are still saying that the vaccines don't reduce risk of hospitalisation when such a small minority makes up the majority in hospital is beyond me.
From July 19 to August 2, 55.1 percent of the 1,467 people hospitalised with the Delta variant were unvaccinated, PHE said, while 34.9 percent – or 512 people – had received two doses.

I agree it’s the case with a lot of things. I think instead of the government bribing young people to take the risks they should use the money to put out transparent education which answers all the hard questions honestly. I think the way it’s only shown that vaccines are great and wonderful, paired with the incentivising only adds to scepticism. There should also be a harder line taken to take down misinformation that is genuinely misinformation things like it being a tracker or 5G or all that usual crazy batshit stuff.

Thank you. He’s slowly recovering but just glad he’s alive it was a very scary time for us all aa we were told he was very unstable! Can’t fault the team around him they’re heroes
There is a lot the government should have done and should be doing but that’s a whole other conversation. I don’t want to waste any of my precious energy typing out Bojo’s name and talking about him. 😅

I wish your cousin well in his recovery. Doctors and nurses are heroes.

Reactions: 1
From July 19 to August 2, 55.1 percent of the 1,467 people hospitalised with the Delta variant were unvaccinated, PHE said, while 34.9 percent – or 512 people – had received two doses.
But only 10% of adults are unvaccinated? So for them to make up 55.1% of hospitalisations just proves the point that vaccines reduce your risk significantly 👍🏻😊

Reactions: 6
Ok my numbers were a bit out of date. The point still stands. A 10% minority making up 55% of hospitalisations.

More Delta + detected in San Fran the same as Florida where apparently they’ve under reported the deaths it’s in the 600s not 100s

Ok my numbers were a bit out of date. The point still stands. A 10% minority making up 55% of hospitalisations.
hospitalisations of patients with covid which are lower numbers than they’ve been anyway, but actually if of those hospitalised with covid 35% are fully vaccinated and 10% partially vaccinated then it’s just over breaking even.

Anyone else shocked at Barack Obama's 60th birthday party at Martha's Vineyard? Locals reportedly very unhappy as several hundred have turned up despite Obama saying it would be scaled back because of the Delta variant.

I didn't think Obama was like this so it's a disappointment.

Reactions: 2
The Delta variant has become the dominant form of coronavirus circulating globally. It now accounts for 99 percent of all COVID-19 infections in the UK, PHE said.

So with delta being the main strain, evidence that the vaccines are no better than the immune system at preventing transmission of delta, it makes sense why were still in a pandemic. Hopeless.

I am unvaccinated hesitant because of health issues but going ahead on Wednesday with a Pfizer jab I am aware it’s likely worse to get covid. Maybe I should have had the vaccine sooner but have been petrified. I what I don’t get is how there are more vaccinated people in hospital than unvaccinated? Is this true ?

I am unvaccinated hesitant because of health issues but going ahead on Wednesday with a Pfizer jab I am aware it’s likely worse to get covid. Maybe I should have had the vaccine sooner but have been petrified. I what I don’t get is how there are more vaccinated people in hospital than unvaccinated? Is this true ?
Not true.

Public Health England said 55.1 per cent of the 1,467 people admitted to hospital with the Delta variant were unvaccinated, while 34.9 per cent were fully vaccinated. About 99 per cent of infections in the UK are caused by the Delta strain.

To date 74% of the U.K. have been fully vaccinated so far. 88% of the U.K. have been partially vaccinated. The vaccines are emerging to be as not as effective on the delta strain in terms of transmission. Apparently it may lessen symptoms though.

Whats the difference between delta and delta plus..
I assume UK probably has some delta plus..

hospitalisations of patients with covid which are lower numbers than they’ve been anyway, but actually if of those hospitalised with covid 35% are fully vaccinated and 10% partially vaccinated then it’s just over breaking even.
Yes, but you are failing to take into account the fact that the numbers of vaccinated and unvaccinated people are not the same.

If the vaccine didn't reduce the risk of hospitalisation, we'd expect the percentages of vaccinated and unvaccinated hospitalisations to be similar to the percentages of vaccinated and unvaccinated people. ie. we would expect 10% of those in hospital to be unvaccinated and 90% to have had at least one dose. However, what we actually see is 55% are unvaccinated and 45% have had at least one dose. The percentage of vaccinated hospitalisations is far lower than the percentage of vaccinated people, and the percentage of unvaccinated hospitalisations is far greater than the percentage of unvaccinated people. We can therefore conclude that the vaccines do in fact reduce risk of hospitalisation.

Reactions: 7
Yes, but you are failing to take into account the fact that the numbers of vaccinated and unvaccinated people are not the same.

If the vaccine didn't reduce the risk of hospitalisation, we'd expect the percentages of vaccinated and unvaccinated hospitalisations to be similar to the percentages of vaccinated and unvaccinated people. ie. we would expect 10% of those in hospital to be unvaccinated and 90% to have had at least one dose. However, what we actually see is 55% are unvaccinated and 45% have had at least one dose. The percentage of vaccinated hospitalisations is far lower than the percentage of vaccinated people, and the percentage of unvaccinated hospitalisations is far greater than the percentage of unvaccinated people. We can therefore conclude that the vaccines do in fact reduce risk of hospitalisation.
90% of people haven’t been vaccinated. 90% of people have antibodies maybe that’s why you’re confused? 74% are fully vaccinated. Naturally immunity is also playing a role which no one seems to mention.

yes vaccines have played a role but they aren’t the only thing playing a role here. Peoples behaviour, masks, sanitising, and natural exposure and recovery to infection has also played a role.

90% of people haven’t been vaccinated. 90% of people have antibodies maybe that’s why you’re confused? 74% are fully vaccinated. Naturally immunity is also playing a role which no one seems to mention.

yes vaccines have played a role but they aren’t the only thing playing a role here. Peoples behaviour, masks, sanitising, and natural exposure and recovery to infection has also played a role.
I'm not confused. According to the ONS, as of the 12th July around 90% of adults in the UK have had at least one vaccine dose. Granted, my previous post referred to 'people' rather than 'adults', but my posts prior to that referred to adults.

Your points about natural immunity, sanitising etc are valid reasons why hospitalisations are lower than they potentially could be, but you would expect these factors to affect both groups of adults (vaccinated and unvaccinated) the same amount, so they do not explain the discrepancy seen between percentage of unvaccinated adults and unvaccinated covid hospitalisations.

I'm not confused. According to the ONS, as of the 12th July around 90% of adults in the UK have had at least one vaccine dose. Granted, my previous post referred to 'people' rather than 'adults', but my posts prior to that referred to adults.

Your points about natural immunity, sanitising etc are valid reasons why hospitalisations are lower than they potentially could be, but you would expect these factors to affect both groups of adults (vaccinated and unvaccinated) the same amount, so they do not explain the discrepancy seen between percentage of unvaccinated adults and unvaccinated covid hospitalisations.
well that’s interesting because the governments website updated today at 4pm states 88% have had one dose, 74% two doses (fully vaccinated).

9EF3B645-7397-4CF7-8805-6FAF3247A5D0.jpeg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.