Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This made me laugh out loud,but kind of in horror as well as the sheer hilarity of the suggestion. (the 'Red Cat' is a local pub) . I genuinely do not know what to say without being rude šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

*p.s it is a public group so the poster has already shared this info publically in advance of me doing so. Also aware that this gives away my location, which I am all good with!*

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
my mum died last Thursday ( not from the virus) we have been told the same. This is in South Wales. To be honest we are expecting the funeral to be cancelled. My mum is laying in a morgue and none of us know if we will be able to lay her to rest In two weeks time.
How awful. I couldnā€™t even try to comprehend what you and your family must be going through. Iā€™m so sorry. Take care x

• Sad
Reactions: 10
So.ā€¦...apparently the Gov't is now collecting mobile phone data from O2 phones to try and determine if social distancing is working. Apparently they can work out your mode of transport. This is not extended to other networks, and is "not designed to track you BB style"
its not happening - I can categorically confirm where I live no one is bothering

Reactions: 8
Just went to the local shop to get some bits for me and my grandma. I noticed the pub next door which has been closed the last month or so for refurbishment has now re opened... great timing. And there were soem customers. Nothing like the usual Thursday night crowd... but I noticed one couple sat outside as if kidding themselves they were being responsible. Itā€™s funny, the realisation some people are still looking at this thing with a relaxed perspective. I canā€™t imagine being in a pub right now. Risks aside, I feel like the atmosphere would be so off. Can anyone offer a different view, empathising with the pub goers maybe?
I work in a pub. They struggled over the winter after Christmas financially and I think theyā€™re worried about closing because itā€™s a huge loss of income. It never gets super busy and theyā€™re putting less of us on shift now, and stop serving food from tomorrow.
theyre extremely worried about business.

as for pub goers... a lot of the people who are still coming to our pub are our regulars. Coming to the pub for some of them is their only form of social interaction. Which I know were supposed to be distancing but if they live alone, once the pub closes theyā€™ll see literally nobody.

As much as I think they should stay home, I think theyā€™re making the most of the social interaction they can have before they have no way of finding it.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I am terrified of going into lock down, terrified. I know we can still get out but I absolutely hate being in the house. I make a point of going out even if it's just a walk to the local shop to get a drink, even when my son was days old I walked round our block, just to get out. I hate being cooped up. I just don't do well. Whilst this has been going on I've been following all the rules and staying away from people as much as I can but I've still be out walking around.

Reactions: 11
What are kids without broadband and or a PC supposed to do? There are still plenty of households the UK without usable broadband.
they would have to go to school because to be without broadband is a breach of their human rights šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I am terrified of going into lock down, terrified. I know we can still get out but I absolutely hate being in the house. I make a point of going out even if it's just a walk to the local shop to get a drink, even when my son was days old I walked round our block, just to get out. I hate being cooped up. I just don't do well. Whilst this has been going on I've been following all the rules and staying away from people as much as I can but I've still be out walking around.
Im dreading it to. I hate being stuck in and mentally it will affect me badly as im sure it will alot of people.šŸ˜¬

Reactions: 7
My cousin used to have locks on her kitchen cupboards its times like these I wish Id done the same. šŸ˜Š

Reactions: 4
Thatā€™s nice of you. Ive been in contact with my ex, also the father of my children, and he says Iā€™m overreacting about the virus and Iā€™m being harsh to keep the kids in. Even when one of them as asthma and was in A&E a few nights ago. šŸ™ƒ

heā€™s one of them thatā€™s being going to the pub every night because ā€˜heā€™s young & healthy so will be fineā€™.

hard to believe I was head over heels in love only a few months ago.
Ooh I feel you girl. Sounds like youā€™re well shot of a guy like that. Sooo much easier said than done donā€™t worry I know. Especially when father of your children, gosh.

Every second that passes of him ignoring me Iā€™m regretting it more. Even though the rational side of me completely meant what I said - I am concerned for his parents, especially his sweet mother in her 70s, and really donā€™t care all that much about what happened between us in the face of something like this. But the emotional side of me just feels embarrassed and angry for ā€˜giving inā€™ and imagining his righteous indignation as he shares my message with his friends as if there was anything at all to criticise in what I wrote.

I just broke a month of silence following an ugly break up to wish my ex and his elderly parents all the best. No reply yet. Not sure if I did the right thing but ultimately, a global pandemic sure puts relationship quibbles in perspective. That said, if he doesnā€™t reply? duck him.
I did the same and got told I was stupid for sucking up to mainstream media.

Kk hun. Iā€™ll add you to my corona hit list you massive cock womble.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Is everyone frightened of lock down? Even though Boris said it isnā€™t happening? Not caught up as there are pages and pages Iā€™ve not read so apologises if itā€™s been discussed

I cried yesterday, I cried this morning before work, I cried at work. I told my colleagues Iā€™d been having chest pains (anxiety) for a few days, they admitted the same, we all cried, spoke to a consultant she cried. Totally get where your coming from xx

Sheā€™s got nasal specs on far to well to be in critical care
ICU where I work is taking coronavirus patients not usually admitted to intensive care if there is not a suitable area elsewhere in the hospital. I canā€™t comment on this particular girl but patients donā€™t come off a ventilator and go straight to a ward patients are removed from ventilator support onto some kind of oxygen therapy and remain in icu to ensure they are stable and will manage without ventilator support prior to discharge to wards as having to reintubate is always a possibility as not everyone manages the first time. Also not everyone in icu is ventilated people come to icu for organ support of all kinds some are on no oxygen but require medication to support their blood pressure that cannot be given on general wards or to for dialysis. Not trying to be patronising just trying to help people understand intensive care units and what goes on xx

Last edited:
Church of England are saying min number of people at wedding ...Bride ,Groom ,2 witnesses and minister....

Boris is suggesting instead of leading and Iā€™ve seen so many people praising this. We need to be led and there needs to be clarity over ā€œsocial distancingā€.. this is heading for a bigger disaster

Reactions: 6
This made me laugh out loud,but kind of in horror as well as the sheer hilarity of the suggestion. (the 'Red Cat' is a local pub) . I genuinely do not know what to say without being rude šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

*p.s it is a public group so the poster has already shared this info publically in advance of me doing so. Also aware that this gives away my location, which I am all good with!*
This is completely ridiculous, itā€™s like asking people to choose between a local business going under and protecting their loved ones from the virus.

I keep seeing guilt trips similar to these all over social media, itā€™s no ones fault that we have to stay away from places, nobody wants to stay home for months on end.

A positive response to add on this would be to suggest they change their business offering and consider offering an alcohol or coffee delivery service, ensuring precautions are taken (gloves, knock and move away from the door). They could then do something like run an online pub quiz night on Facebook where everyone who usually goes to the pub has a drink together, this would be great for their brand awareness. Iā€™m sure they have a card machine so could take payments over the phone.

Reactions: 13
I live in France.
Last Thursday we were told schools were closing.
On Saturday non-essential businesses were told to shut - restaurants, bars, cinemas, non essential shops, museums etc and people were told to not go out unless necessary and when they did to not go with 1-2m of other people. Chemists etc immediately set up one in one out systems to allow people to still get their medications. There was a slight increase in people adding some extras to their shopping trolleys but no panic buying.
But on Sunday the weather was lovely and many Parisians and those living in other cities/towns flocked to public places and some bars etc did not close.
On Sunday it was announced that from midday on Monday the country would be put into lockdown. In his speech, Macron said 5 times that we were at war. At war with an invisible enemy and because the public ignored what had been asked he had no other option but to ramp up the restrictions.
We can only go out for one of 5 essential reasons:
1. go to work but only if our work is on a list of jobs deemed necessary and we are unable to work from home and we must have a signed paper from our employer proving our work fits the criteria
2. buy food from authorised stores
3. go to a doctor/pharmacy
4. assist a vulnerable family member or act as a child minder for people at work
5. take exercise/walk a pet in close proximity to our homes and without meeting friends
We must carry a completed official form on all journeys when outside of our homes.
Police are out in force checking why people are out and fines are levied to anyone out for any reason not listed.
So far over 4000 people have been fined.
So if the UK Government thinks it can get this virus under control by "asking" the public to self isolate and social distance they are completely deluded.

Sorry - long post.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
I live in France.
On Saturday non-essential businesses were told to shut - restaurants, bars, cinemas, non essential shops, museums etc and people were told to not go out unless necessary and when they did to not go with 1-2m of other people. Chemists etc immediately set up one in one out systems to allow people to still get their medications. There was a slight increase in people adding some extras to their shopping trolleys but no panic buying.
But on Sunday the weather was lovely and many Parisians and those living in other cities/towns flocked to public places and some bars etc did not close.
On Sunday it was announced that from midday on Monday the country would be put into lockdown. In his speech, Macron said 5 times that we were at war. At war with an invisible enemy and because the public ignored what had been asked he had no other option but to ramp up the restrictions.
1. go to work but only if our work is on a list of jobs deemed necessary and we are unable to work from home and we must have a signed paper from our employer proving our work fits the criteria
4. assist a vulnerable family member or act as a child minder for people at work
5. take exercise/walk a pet in close proximity to our homes and without meeting friends
We must carry a completed official form on all journeys when outside of our homes.
Police are out in force checking why people are out and fines are levied to anyone out for any reason not listed.
So if the UK Government thinks it can get this virus under control by "asking" the public to self isolate and social distance they are completely deluded.

Sorry - long post.
this is exactly what Iā€™m constantly saying we need desperately now in the UK

Reactions: 13
I live in France.

Sorry - long post.
Can I please ask what is classed as a necassary job in France? My other half works delivering the post for Royal Mail, they only deliver letters and parcels not supermarket deliveries or anything like that. I am in the higher risk group so Iā€™m wondering if theyā€™ll stay open.
Thanks

I couldn't agree more! The UK is in for a serious rude awakening once this thing peaks. The Italian authorities are giving warning and advise on what is coming and Boris is doing sweet fanny adams.

If anyone wants a decent insight into the situation in Italy - watch the video on this news article

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.