Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My son’s school today released a comprehensive timetable and required numbers of hours that need to be logged.
What are kids without broadband and or a PC supposed to do? There are still plenty of households the UK without usable broadband.

Reactions: 4
Just went to the local shop to get some bits for me and my grandma. I noticed the pub next door which has been closed the last month or so for refurbishment has now re opened... great timing. And there were soem customers. Nothing like the usual Thursday night crowd... but I noticed one couple sat outside as if kidding themselves they were being responsible. It’s funny, the realisation some people are still looking at this thing with a relaxed perspective. I can’t imagine being in a pub right now. Risks aside, I feel like the atmosphere would be so off. Can anyone offer a different view, empathising with the pub goers maybe?
Only way you'd catch me in a pub now, is if I'd already had the bloody thing and was making the most of life before the lockdown situation.
Imagine having already had it, you're now fit and well, but you're going into lockdown anyway!

Reactions: 5
Just went to the local shop to get some bits for me and my grandma. I noticed the pub next door which has been closed the last month or so for refurbishment has now re opened... great timing. And there were soem customers. Nothing like the usual Thursday night crowd... but I noticed one couple sat outside as if kidding themselves they were being responsible. It’s funny, the realisation some people are still looking at this thing with a relaxed perspective. I can’t imagine being in a pub right now. Risks aside, I feel like the atmosphere would be so off. Can anyone offer a different view, empathising with the pub goers maybe?
Errr…...:unsure:……..Nope.
I'm still fuming at seeing hairdressers, Tattoo parlours and beauty salons still working in close proximity with no protection for either side, so people who choose to mingle in a drunken humid atmosphere ripe with floating contagions just makes me :sick:

Reactions: 10
My mother in law keeps going out ( she’s no need too ) really boils my piss ! How irresponsible 😡

Reactions: 3
What are kids without broadband and or a PC supposed to do? There are still plenty of households the UK without usable broadband.
My son's school asked people without computers/tablets and/or internet to contact them so they must be doing something.

My mother in law keeps going out ( she’s no need too ) really boils my piss ! How irresponsible 😡
"Boils my piss" :ROFLMAO:
But yeah, my shop was fairly busy today - especially with older people, and I asked someone why she was out (just in the way of making conversation as I tidied up the rails) Her reply was that there was nothing better to do and her family kept trying to make her stay in!

I know it’s wrong but this whole self isolation thing is so devastating to me that I kind of don’t want to judge without knowing exactly whats on their minds.

I’m going away tomorrow with my mum who is high risk to a family friends caravan by the beach. She hasn’t been there since they closed up for winter so I’ll take some cleaning stuff to give it once over but should be ok from that point of view. We only plan on walks on the beach, no pubs/close contact obviously but I know lots of people would advise against even this. But mum has lots of rubbish going on in her life and needs to get out of the house before any full blown quarantine or she’ll go completely stir crazy.

Having said all that half expecting a lockdown announcement 5pm tomorrow and we’ll just turn around and come back!

Reactions: 8
I just broke a month of silence following an ugly break up to wish my ex and his elderly parents all the best. No reply yet. Not sure if I did the right thing but ultimately, a global pandemic sure puts relationship quibbles in perspective. That said, if he doesn’t reply? duck him.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Wonder what about all the households on UC and all the people that have lost their jobs ,broadband wouldn't be high on the agenda I would think...

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Errr…...:unsure:……..Nope.
I'm still fuming at seeing hairdressers, Tattoo parlours and beauty salons still working in close proximity with no protection for either side, so people who choose to mingle in a drunken humid atmosphere ripe with floating contagions just makes me :sick:
Probably less chance of catching it in any of those places than you are in a supermarket at the minute. It’s like it’s Christmas Eve in there.

I can understand why these small businesses are still open and working, it’s their livelihood, if they choose to close they get no compensation. If the government doesn’t want people in those places they should say so. Rather than the ‘we advise’ you. Kids are still in school until tomorrow too... I walked through town today and it was like a normal day.

each to their own.

Reactions: 4
Only way you'd catch me in a pub now, is if I'd already had the bloody thing and was making the most of life before the lockdown situation.
Imagine having already had it, you're now fit and well, but you're going into lockdown anyway!
I MAY go depending how/ when lockdown is announced. I live alone, have been working from home and haven't seen anyone to risk carrying it. So if there's a few hours between the announcement and it being enforced I'll go out to see some friends before I'm isolated again for however long and won't risk passing anything on.

Although I am so paranoid that for once my immune system might not be up to scratch that it might not happen 😂😂

Reactions: 1
So.…...apparently the Gov't is now collecting mobile phone data from O2 phones to try and determine if social distancing is working. Apparently they can work out your mode of transport. This is not extended to other networks, and is "not designed to track you BB style"

I just broke a month of silence following an ugly break up to wish my ex and his elderly parents all the best. No reply yet. Not sure if I did the right thing but ultimately, a global pandemic sure puts relationship quibbles in perspective. That said, if he doesn’t reply? duck him.
That’s nice of you. Ive been in contact with my ex, also the father of my children, and he says I’m overreacting about the virus and I’m being harsh to keep the kids in. Even when one of them as asthma and was in A&E a few nights ago. 🙃

he’s one of them that’s being going to the pub every night because ‘he’s young & healthy so will be fine’.

hard to believe I was head over heels in love only a few months ago.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.