Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes I suppose he's lucky in that respect, but he wants to work ,and his place of work in heaving at the minute and they've sent 6 fully trained workers home today because they are diabetic ( thats only from one shift) I think they should have been asked if they wanted to be sent home and if the wanted to work they should have ben allowed to
What I wouldn’t give for 12+ weeks pay 🤣 I don’t think it can be their choice though. I think the point is he is high risk of getting very sick, needing ITU etc and there are so little resources these people need to be protected (and protect themselves) by not going out. It’s not about his personal risk as much as the risk to all of society if there are lots of seriously sick people and limited resources. Sorry he would rather be at work, it’s not ideal situation for anyone at the moment! All the best to you both x

Reactions: 8
anything considered a service isn’t effected, so that includes supermarkets, pharmacies Royal Mail etc. Probably not strip clubs.

the army will be the ones to transport 89 year old Betty to the hospital, if transportation is limited they’re gonna be the ones to get serious cases from A to B when the ambulance service isn’t available, to get medication to people who need it, move equipment between hospitals, move blood between hospitals, ventilation devices, doctors if necessary 🤷‍♀️

If we’re not planning to break any rules we’ll be fine.
if they start making people do PE like army recruits I’m retracting my support.
To be fair, regarding the PE it should really depend who's asking no? 😁😁

Yes I suppose he's lucky in that respect, but he wants to work ,and his place of work in heaving at the minute and they've sent 6 fully trained workers home today because they are diabetic ( thats only from one shift) I think they should have been asked if they wanted to be sent home and if the wanted to work they should have ben allowed to
Understandable. I think a lot of people would love to be working right now but diabetics are in the high risk category. He is getting paid. A lot of other diabetics, in other jobs, are getting zero. He works for an incredible company, that’s for sure

Reactions: 12
Understandable. I think a lot of people would love to be working right now but diabetics are in the high risk category. He is getting paid. A lot of other diabetics, in other jobs, are getting zero. He works for an incredible company, that’s for sure
He works for Tesco warehouse, he was in today on overtime as they are struggling to cope with demand ,Im diabetic too but never looked on ourselves to be high risk

Reactions: 1
The grandparents of a close friend of mine make up 2 in the latest UK death toll. They passed away not much more than 24 hours after being hospitalised, aged around 89.

Certainly brings things closer to home. My friend says they didn’t cut down on just small social activities soon enough which really underlines how important ‘social distancing’ is.

• Sad
Reactions: 48
The grandparents of a close friend of mine make up 2 in the latest UK death toll. They passed away not much more than 24 hours after being hospitalised, aged around 89.

Certainly brings things closer to home. My friend says they didn’t cut down on just small social activities soon enough which really underlines how important ‘social distancing’ is.
oh gosh. I’m so sorry for your friend 💔

Reactions: 7
The Czech republic now has 631 cases. Up 109.

This is from the expat page:

"Most of the ill are at the age of 25-34, making up almost one-fifth of the total number. In it, there are almost 17 percent of the elderly over 65, the most jeopardised group. "

"five of the ill were in a serious condition. Four have been put on mechanical ventilators and one needs a cardiopulmonary bypass. "

"44 percent of the patients got infected abroad, the rest in the Czech Republic. Czechs mainly “imported” the infection from Italy, followed by Austria, Germany and the USA. "

"As of midnight, people are banned to be outside without their nose and mouth covered. Food shops and pharmacies are open only for people aged over 65 from 10:00 to 12:00 as of today. "

• Wow
Reactions: 3
This has been really bothering me and upsetting me so I am just going to have to say it.
I posted something that I had read on my local Facebook recently it was not meant to upset people or be unkind to anyone it was just an opinion that I had.
Then someone decided to call me a C!!!, I am 55 years old and never in my life has anyone called me that. when I questioned this person she sent a haha emoji. And I see her today doing the same things to other people.
What has happened to BE KIND. Being called a C£££ has made me so upset there is absolutely NO NEED for this sort of on line abuse. If the person did not like what I am saying there was absolute no need to call another women a C$£%, and then her little pack came after me.
Ladies these are so surreal times not every one is going to have your opinion, BUT please no-one should ever call a another women a C&&&..
BE KIND, if you do not like what someone has said there is no need to be abusive in your reply.
Were all having a really weird time at the moment.
Rebecca Lamb... Is that you?! Jokes...

This was me 🙋🏻‍♀️
Firstly, apologies if it upset you that much, it wasn't intended to cause you so much upset.
However, what you said and the messages you were posting were NOT based on opinion or taken from Facebook, they were outright malicious towards myself and other posters, with nastiness behind everyone of them, so yes, practise what you preach... BE KIND, and you won't get nastiness back.

Secondly, this isn't Instagram or social media, I don't have a 'pack', nor do I need one. Noone came for you at all, utter rubbish.

Thirdly, What was said to me this morning, deserved a backlash reply. Maybe not 'head' at the end, granted.
This forum is for opinions and gossip, people disagree all the time, including me and 99% of the time I scroll past BUT if someone outright says something TOWARDS me without reason, you better believe you'll have the same treatment back.

Lastly, I wanted to reply before, luckily I couldn't at the time because the thread was ended and I couldn't quote you.
But on reflection I could have called you something mildly nicer than a bleep probably, like you said, it's a weird time, so apologies again.

I'm dead 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
You've won the Internet....
Again! 👏🏼

• Haha
Reactions: 5
To be fair, regarding the PE it should really depend who's asking no? 😁😁
i run for nobody,
actually saying that I’ve never “walked” so much in my life without a shopping bag,
I said it on another thread a few days back ,
I was tempted to try and scan a bleeping tree just for that retail high 😐 but apparently stones aren’t hand scanners and people look at you oddly if you act like they are. 🤷‍♀️
Nature is overrated. And it’s never on buy one get one free.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
On my local Facebook group there is a post asking if her wedding should go ahead this Saturday. There are about 40 replies. Only two say NO. The rest say don’t let this ruin your special day. One of the two replies saying no is from a lady in France saying please listen to the advice and self isolate. You have the chance to lessen what is happening here. The other is from a local lady saying you’re going to put lives in danger and more people on ventilators. None of them give a tit. I have massive sympathy for those having to cancel weddings, it’s truly awful. Buy my goodness lives will be lost. Why don’t people care? There are two comments saying my wedding is this weekend I’m not cancelling and one next week saying I’m not letting this ruin my special day. Huge gatherings when we are told not to. Am I being unreasonable? Please say if I am. I just don’t understand 🤷‍♀️
Let's hope that the venue are more responsible than the bride and groom... Doubtful as at this time the venue will probably want to keep whatever bookings they DO have 🥺

Sadly yes this appears to be true. Imperial College London basically wrote a report and said the govt plans were BS and could result in 250,000 deaths. They're now hoping to keep the deaths to 20,000 or under.

There’s a lot of talk of people helping those who are vulnerable, which I totally agree with, I’ve already spoken to a few and as I’m passing will be checking on them, and get provisions if needed.
We’re both NHS professionals, I currently work 8hr days, opposite hubby and the days we’re both in work my dad comes across.
I’ve already been told when it gets bad we could be working 12hrs on, 12hrs off, back in for 12hrs.....etc. Not including travel. We don’t have children but do have dogs and I’m really concerned about them and the length of time they’ll be left.
I’m considering asking a neighbour to let them out for wee’s and possibly feed but obviously don’t want to put neighbours at risk of catching this. So this is stressing me too. I’ve been hoping one of them will ask.

I suppose I’m just asking that if any of you have got neighbours who will be working over this period just also see if there’s anything you can do for them too.
You and your husband are worth your weight in gold. Thanks in advance X

Attachments

Reactions: 5
Just watching Arnie’s advice to stay at home... I imagine it softens the blow if you have a mansion and swimming pool and jacuzzi 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
BBC special bulletin just beginning on bbc1 and say government update due in “about half an hour” FYI

Reactions: 3
Yes I suppose he's lucky in that respect, but he wants to work ,and his place of work in heaving at the minute and they've sent 6 fully trained workers home today because they are diabetic ( thats only from one shift) I think they should have been asked if they wanted to be sent home and if the wanted to work they should have been allowed to
Is say take that offer and run (we'll stay at home!). So many from high risk groups will wish they'd be sent home on full pay and instead will be potentially risking their lives in public facing roles

Reactions: 4
So there's now 50 cases in my town. Another headline reads "Strict Czechs and lax British."

"The economic pandemic that follows the closure of everything in the country is certainly a valid argument, even if it is myopic. People's health must come first, ”says the father of a ten-year-old son."

Here in the US (at least where I live) it’s been about 3 weeks now that all funerals are “postponed”. That’s all the info given out.. no clue for how long. And the reality is with deaths here going up they will not be room for the bodies. Have no idea what will happen.
Not sure about the US but in the UK some mortuaries are being extended/temporary or mobile mortuaries in place.
Funeral services may be conducted and shared via Skype for families.
Mass funeral services may be conducted.
It is being advised that memorial services to be conducted at a later date post cremation/burial.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.