Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I called my sons Pre-school this morning to say he won’t be in and I felt so sad. I can’t imagine how tough it must be for them to be child facing, having to do another two days childcare for worried parents whilst being worried for their own futures.

I’m going to brave the shop and get some chocolate for them and write a note thanking them for all they’ve done and when this is over if there’s any way we can all help then we’ll do so. god this is so tit!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
So what’s the purpose of the army? Sorry to be dumb. If you go out what are they doing to do? Ask where you’re going?
The army will be out helping to keep things running, probably be asked to help the vulnerable maybe be positioned by shops to keep people calm.
Also will be used as medics, and drivers. Basically anything to keep this country from turning into the purge 😧

Reactions: 5
I don’t know if this actually works because I haven’t tried it (have seen a lot of people tweet about it) but Netflix party lets you watch things on there with people all at the same time and maybe video chat but I’m unsure about that bit
I did this with my friends last night. I can vouch it works and made what is normally a lonely (albeit quiet enjoyable) activity more sociable and fun! I definitely recommend!

My hubby went to asda at 6am this morning after his night shift and the queue was round the carpark. They had a delivery of meat in the night though so there was plenty.

I called my sons Pre-school this morning to say he won’t be in and I felt so sad. I can’t imagine how tough it must be for them to be child facing, having to do another two days childcare for worried parents whilst being worried for their own futures.

I’m going to brave the shop and get some chocolate for them and write a note thanking them for all they’ve done and when this is over if there’s any way we can all help then we’ll do so. god this is so tit!
Exactly this for me but with school,my 5year old is having her last day today her teachers I have so much gratitude and admiration for them working so tirelessly this week keeping the children safe and happy,running on less staff barely having a break,her teacher is definitely over 60 and she was just determined the children were kept to their routine which in turn defuses their anxiety or worry about what’s going on around them. I feel so sad for the abrupt manner in which things are ending for the time being. I must also get a card and flowers 💐

Reactions: 9
My Mum (late 60s no underlying health conditions) is being told she has to go to work and no provision will be made for working from home. The job is for a local council but an office role and not an essential service. Surely that is barbaric and against government recommendations?

Are they likely to change their stance if/when Lockdown happens? I’m trying to see if I can afford to support her for 3 months so she can request it unpaid.

She lives alone and would end up only seeing her work colleagues until she inevitably gets the virus as family and friends are all high risk
They surely have to consider people like your mum.My best friend has flu ,her niece has the virus and the whole family have been told to self isolate.Now my friend will get a basic sick pay ,which is just under 100£ per week.Nowhere near what she's earning.How do they expect people to survive on this?I did read they will possibly hold off mortgage payments for the isolation period and will also consider other bills.For everyone on a low income I hope they do.I really hope it works out for your mum and she can stay safe and well.xxx

Reactions: 6
anything considered a service isn’t effected, so that includes supermarkets, pharmacies Royal Mail etc. Probably not strip clubs.

the army will be the ones to transport 89 year old Betty to the hospital, if transportation is limited they’re gonna be the ones to get serious cases from A to B when the ambulance service isn’t available, to get medication to people who need it, move equipment between hospitals, move blood between hospitals, ventilation devices, doctors if necessary 🤷‍♀️

If we’re not planning to break any rules we’ll be fine.
if they start making people do PE like army recruits I’m retracting my support.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
No meat or loo roll but most things had stock x
where abouts are you?I'm in Sussex and our superstores are basically empty.It began with loo rolls and antibacterial wash/ wipes ,now unless you're able to get out by 7am ,there's no bread ,tins et c ..Hope youre better equipped .xxxx

Reactions: 1
There are different versions of the pill and mini pill which you can buy from the Superdrug Online pharmacy. I paid around £20 for three months of the mini pill in the past. I appreciate its money but means you don't have to make an appointment and speak to someone 😊
is this without prescription??

anything considered a service isn’t effected, so that includes supermarkets, pharmacies Royal Mail etc.

the army will be the ones to transport 89 year old Betty to the hospital, if transportation is limited they’re gonna be the ones to get serious cases from A to B when the ambulance service isn’t available, to get medication to people who need it, move equipment between hospitals, move blood between hospitals, ventilation devices, doctors if necessary 🤷‍♀️

If we’re not planning to break any rules we’ll be fine.
if they start making people do PE like army recruits I’m retracting my support.
thanks for that last part I needed a good chuckle this morning!😁x

• Haha
I despair at the amount of thoughtless selfish people in this country!!! Shops introduce a 3 per item limit and you know full well there will be people working the system!
One man yesterday came in three different times to shop till he was stopped and spoken to! A number of couples who shopped separately so they could get three of everything! And despite tannoy announcements every 15 minutes explaining the 3 per product rule and the CEO on radio every half hour, still people arguing and calling us stupid !
Few checkout girls in tears and a lot of arguing.
I know everyone us scared and worried but there's no need to be dicks!!

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 26
is this without prescription??
Yes, you can also order from the likes of HelloEve. You fill out some questions and then it gets checked over by a doctor before they send your pills. Usually takes a couple of days.

If the army are sent to make sure all the curfews are enforced- would I be able to travel to my parents to drop food off for them? I’m their main carer, but I live 50mins away. I go around twice a week to help them. They are both high risk.

Reactions: 1
My mum is now in self isolation for 12 weeks due to underlying health conditions. My dad is having to be precautious about going out and about for the same reasons.

They know what they need to do, why they need to do it, and they are happy to do it if it massively reduces the risk of my mum l acquiring this horrible f*cking virus.

But they are equally heartbroken. They have 4 grandchildren (my 2 & my 2 nephews, ranging from 2-7) who they’ve looked after 5 days a week whilst we’ve been at work. Now no contact for 12 weeks, apart from FaceTime etc.

There will be families up and down the country in this same situation, and my heart goes out to every one of them. This is such a sad situation all round. I really worry for peoples mental health too, 12 weeks is a long time to be housebound. I really hope all these people have the love & support they need through this.

Anyone any ideas of things we could do to cheer our loved ones up, help them ‘pass the time’ etc if they find themselves in this situation?

Thanks!
my mum's in the same position.Has heart problems and other health issues.She lived through the war ,so is acting like it's ok.but as soon as they said no visitors she broke down.We've always been close ,always seen each other regularly so ,like you im.worried about her becoming depressed.If you're able ,Skype as much as possible and I call my mum at least twice a day to try and keep her spiritsup.Sending love and best wishes to you and yours.I hope they remain safe well and in as in good spirits as possible xxxx

Reactions: 2
well bills a bit late in the day that was why boris changed his tack on monday because they realised it was flawed
I only came across it this morning don't know when he posted it ? but I think everyone in the land knew it was flawed well before Monday...

Reactions: 3
No you will definitely be closing. Weve had too. There's a lot of nurseries saying they are staying open but they won't be.
i feel like it’s inevitable that at some point we will have to however as of yet we are actually advertising that we have spaces for new children during this. money talks i suppose

I was in Wilko this morning. People were fighting and pushing each other, to get toilet paper!!! I'm just speechless. :oops:🤷‍♀️

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.