Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Surely they wouldn't allow visitors ? that's incomprehensible if truešŸ˜²
My aunt is in hospital and tested positive for Covid-19. Sheā€™s in isolation and strictly no one is allowed to visit her.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
My aunt is in hospital and tested positive for Covid-19. Sheā€™s in isolation and strictly no one is allowed to visit her.
Hope she be's Ok ,but I think no visitors is proper order for everyone's safety x

Reactions: 2
No stay outside & talk to them through the window, or just wave in the break up their day, do not enter the house, the virus does survive for a number of hours on surfaces, don't put them at risk
I'm not planning on it like I said I don't think it's right but he's trying to convince us that's the advice.

Hope she be's Ok ,but I think no visitors is proper order for everyone's safety x
Thanks, sheā€™s a fighter I have no doubt sheā€™ll get through it. Absolutely agree. We are all in self isolation. The people ignoring the warnings would soon have a reality check if someone they loved caught it.

Reactions: 5
Police have arrested a 26yr man in the Isle of Man for not adhering to their self isolating policy ..he may be fined Ā£10,000 and 3mth prison term..

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Police have arrested a 26yr man in the Isle of White for not adhering to their self isolating policy ..he may be fined Ā£10,000 and 3mth prison term..
Isle of wight? I thought it was the isle of man? Either way they need to do more of this!

• Haha
This can't be posted enough because it will be exactly what the UK is heading for without some serious action taken
I've just emailed a link to that report to my sister. Her husband is a complete moron and is still saying "it's just the press exaggerating". She told me this morning he's planning to go and visit his 75 year old mother in Norfolk (we all live in Berkshire, so completely unnecessary travel as well as dangerous). He just doesn't get it! If that film evidence doesn't wake him up then nothing will, he really is brain dead.

I know how you feel. My biggest boy was due to graduate nursery in June. He has autism and we already miss out on a lot of things other children get to do, but to think that he wonā€™t get the whole graduation thing is very upsetting. He loves nursery and his teachers, and itā€™s helped him so much. Itā€™s a big step in your childā€™s life and we all have memories of finishing nursery and being a ā€œbigā€ boy or girl. I was already worried about him starting primary school, now I just feel sick at the thought of him getting thrown in at the deep end with no preparation, visits etc. He doesnā€™t cope well with changes. I was crying about it all last night.
My eldest is autistic and I have been thoroughly amazed at how the school help him, honestly they do everything they can to help them, I know all schools are different but my experience ( so far) had been nothing but positive. The school will have a senco worker/teacher. Ask them for their telephone number, email address and keep in contact with them throughout the whole process xx

• Heart
The army are to impose the lockdown in the Lombardy region of Italy..as numbers continue to rise šŸ™

Linda Lusardi very ill in hospital with the virus

My daughter's school is insisting that both parents need to be key workers and therefore cos my husband isn't one, my daughter can't attend. I didn't particularly want her too but because of both sets of grandparents being in isolation and us both working we are absolutely stuck for childcare 2 days a week. School reckons the whole of town is doing the same cos the gov guidance isn't clear enough šŸ¤·šŸ¤·

• Sad
Why are non essential shops like Lush not closing? Theyre offering free bathbombs to NHS workers which is lovely but it would be alot better if they closed and stopped people going in and spreading the virus. That would help the NHS alot more than a bathbomb!
Lets face it, lush and alot of other non essential stores like costa ect can afford to close!

Reactions: 21
The sky news report from inside Italian hospitals was done on purpose to inform other countries what they are likely to face soon if they don't take action. It's rare that a government would let filming inside a hospital that is on the brink of collapsing. This is a north Italian hospital that is rated far better than the NHS. A hospital in Lewisham is already saying it's struggling to cope.

Warning it's distressing. The thumbnail is a waiting room that's been turned into a makeshift ICU.

This is so difficult to watch. The NHS is struggling without all this, I canā€™t imagine it coping any better than the Italian healthcare system. The people who are still being blasĆ© about coronavirus need to watch this

Reactions: 6
My daughter's school is insisting that both parents need to be key workers and therefore cos my husband isn't one, my daughter can't attend. I didn't particularly want her too but because of both sets of grandparents being in isolation and us both working we are absolutely stuck for childcare 2 days a week. School reckons the whole of town is doing the same cos the gov guidance isn't clear enough šŸ¤·šŸ¤·
yes i believe that all schools are interpruting it in that way.Makes sense to me tbh. They only want the kids in school that absolutely need to be there i.e.both parents needed on the 'frontline' to fight the pandemic. Otherwise, it's safer to have her at home even it means that your employment is the loser as such. Harsh but that's the reality when capacity is stretched and they're trying to save lives.

Reactions: 4
Guardian says some kind of lockdown in London is imminent. All the rich ones with holiday homes will just leave šŸ¤¬
Exactly this! They canā€™t do this it doesnā€™t work.. itā€™s disaster for the rest of us. I live in Norfolk and theyā€™re already heading here now

• Angry
Reactions: 3
Our public rep has posted a message from the hospital to let everyone know that the virus is spreading quickly via shopping trolleys and petrol pumps and for people to either wear gloves or use paper towels when filling up and dispose of straight away

• Wow
Reactions: 4
That is how it should be. Her son is with her while they wait on the results, both in masks and him in a green suit next to her. He seemed so upset in his snapchat post.

We've had a death in our local hospital this week and the person infected apparently passed it to other patients on the ward. Hence the covid ward name. Iā€™ve told hubby if I get ill do not take me to that hospital.

Last edited:
  • Sad
yes i believe that all schools are interpruting it in that way.Makes sense to me tbh. They only want the kids in school that absolutely need to be there i.e.both parents needed on the 'frontline' to fight the pandemic. Otherwise, it's safer to have her at home even it means that your employment is the loser as such. Harsh but that's the reality when capacity is stretched and they're trying to save lives.
Oh I totally understand and I told them that. Worst case I'll stay at home as I earn less than my husband. Until that point though we'll use holiday entitlement where possible.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.