Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had to buy mini pizzas from Aldi for my son. He only ever eats the ones from
Asda (they are pretty much identical) but he bleeping knows the difference and won’t eat the Aldi ones and I couldn’t get any elsewhere. Tried to get potato waffles too (he won’t each chips or potatoes either, it has to be waffles) and couldn’t get any. Just waiting on us running out of chicken dippers, then there will be pandemonium if I can’t get those. Feeding him is a struggle enough on a regular day, nevermind with the shops cleared out. 😩
Sounds just like my son! Will only eat waffles and chicken dippers (but only the coating not the chicken! 😂) He goes through phases of what food he eats and right now he’s on toast, but it can only be a small hovis wholemeal or he won’t eat it and he only eats the edges/crust!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I wonder when the will lock down. I thought London would have been by today.

They can’t just lock London down as people will flee London and head out other places spreading it like wild fire. In Italy it’s so bad cos they locked down a main city and loads of people headed to their holiday homes on the coast for a jolly!!
They can’t just lock London down as people will flee London and head out other places spreading it like wild fire. In Italy it’s so bad cos they locked down a main city and loads of people headed to their holiday homes on the coast for a jolly!!

• Angry
Reactions: 6
We found out last night a boy our daughter knows, and they live around the corner, his mums in hospital with suspected CV, she’s waiting for her results which take 3 days. She’s on the COVID ward in the local hospital and her son described the ward as being ‘something you’d see in a zombie film. Everyone looks so pale and like they’ve given up and know they will die. Take this seriously and protect your family members, this is really scary and unless you see it with your own eyes you won’t understand just how serious this can be’. he posted that on Snapchat last night and it really upset me. He and his mum were in masks and he was wearing a full body suit stood by her bedside. She was not very old at all. Maybe late 40s/50. I hope she pulls through. Now I’m really scared as that means it’s definitely in our town, never mind the 1 case we had in our county. This is really scary now 😞
I was under the impression anyone with C-19 wasn’t allowed visitors let alone letting the public use PPE?

Sounds just like my son! Will only eat waffles and chicken dippers (but only the coating not the chicken! 😂) He goes through phases of what food he eats and right now he’s on toast, but it can only be a small hovis wholemeal or he won’t eat it and he only eats the edges/crust!
I've had to stock up on chicken, nutella and aldi pizzas (no others will do) for my 6 y/o.
Brought two tubs of nutella from the shop. My partner come home with two massive ones 🤭
Accidental stockpiling but wont take the kids long to demolish it

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I had to buy mini pizzas from Aldi for my son. He only ever eats the ones from
Asda (they are pretty much identical) but he bleeping knows the difference and won’t eat the Aldi ones and I couldn’t get any elsewhere. Tried to get potato waffles too (he won’t each chips or potatoes either, it has to be waffles) and couldn’t get any. Just waiting on us running out of chicken dippers, then there will be pandemonium if I can’t get those. Feeding him is a struggle enough on a regular day, nevermind with the shops cleared out. 😩
When my two were the most fussiest eaters in the whole world, and I was making 4 different dinners a day while working full time (pandering idiot, I know, I know) I got them both to actually make their own pizza from scratch one weekend, and it worked. Never had to buy a pizza again they just wanted their own. Dunno if that's at all helpful, just sharing an idea :)

Reactions: 4
I'm hoping that now some people have stockpiled masses of food and loo rolls, they won't need to keep doing this. Supplies are still coming through, supermarkets are giving particular opening hours to those particularly at risk, and everybody should be able to buy what they need. We really don't need this stress on top of the virus.

Reactions: 11
I was in the supermarket at lunchtime and the shelves were looking a lot fuller, maybe all the idiots have taken their fill.

Reactions: 9
Please could somebody help?

I’m on maternity leave so I’ve been a bit ignorant and not paid any interest to any workers rights at the minute. My friend and her partner have both been asked to work from home. They have two very young children. Her work are asking to know what hours she can work. Her problem is she has both children to look after. Her husband earns a significant amount more than her so she is making his job the priority of course. What can she do? Thanks.
I've work from home anyway and do all through the summer holidays. I get up before the kids (5am) to do some and then when my husband comes home he gets to look after them for a bit so I can do some more. Sticking peppa pig one has worked in the past but it's not ideal and they usually decide they need a drink during it anyway.

The sky news report from inside Italian hospitals was done on purpose to inform other countries what they are likely to face soon if they don't take action. It's rare that a government would let filming inside a hospital that is on the brink of collapsing. This is a north Italian hospital that is rated far better than the NHS. A hospital in Lewisham is already saying it's struggling to cope.

Warning it's distressing. The thumbnail is a waiting room that's been turned into a makeshift ICU.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
How did everyones 'last' school run go? My kids are very confused, the teachers looks really out out, only a.handful of kids there, it so surreal. They kids get a 'party' today. The teachers have gotten them sweets etc.
It easy to forget about the seriousness of it all when your still doing your daily routines etc. I'm really emotional today, no idea why??
Same! I’m very emotional too. I can’t believe my son’s first year of school has ended this way xx

• Sad
My uncle is a nurse and he's saying even if my grandparents self isolate we can visit them in their house is we stand 2 metres away. I don't think that's right 🤦🏻‍♀️
No stay outside & talk to them through the window, or just wave in the break up their day, do not enter the house, the virus does survive for a number of hours on surfaces, don't put them at risk

Reactions: 5
The sky news report from inside Italian hospitals was done on purpose to inform other countries what they are likely to face soon if they don't take action. It's rare that a government would let filming inside a hospital that is on the brink of collapsing. This is a north Italian hospital that is rated far better than the NHS. A hospital in Lewisham is already saying it's struggling to cope.

Warning it's distressing. The thumbnail is a waiting room that's been turned into a makeshift ICU.

This can't be posted enough because it will be exactly what the UK is heading for without some serious action taken

• Sad
Reactions: 8

Do we share a son?? 🧐🧐

• Haha
I'm thinking today Boris will finally deliver the news of serious steps to be implemented immediately. There is no way our leaders can see the situation in Italy right now without acting upon it.

Reactions: 7
It’s a struggle isn’t it? Food has to look and be the exact same every time or he won’t eat it. It kills me as he had such a varied diet as a baby and then he regressed after his 1st birthday and everything seemed to change. My 2 year old copies his big brother and is starting to get the same attitude towards food. 😑

When my two were the most fussiest eaters in the whole world, and I was making 4 different dinners a day while working full time (pandering idiot, I know, I know) I got them both to actually make their own pizza from scratch one weekend, and it worked. Never had to buy a pizza again they just wanted their own. Dunno if that's at all helpful, just sharing an idea :)
I wish it was that easy, I really do. I’ve tried everything. He has autism and is a very poor eater. We recently had him eating spaghetti bolognese and it was a victory, but it was short lived as he hasn’t eaten it again since. I’ve tried getting him to help but unless it’s a cake we’re making, it’s a waste of time. He’s happy to help out but still won’t eat it.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Feeling really down today. Our local bus service has just announced it's implementing a Sunday timetable from this weekend which has a knock on effect on me travelling to my chemotherapy appointments. I had a hospital appointment cancelled today which was quite important too. I feel like it's all heading towards serious measures coming in to force very soon. Boris was very quite during his briefing last night which makes me wondered what's actually happening

• Sad
Guardian says some kind of lockdown in London is imminent. All the rich ones with holiday homes will just leave 🤬

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.