Coronation Street #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Corrie fans want Gemma and quads axed

I 100% agree with this.

I said it from the beginning. They ruined the longterm prospects of Gemma and Chesney for a short term gimmick. The only realistic prospect is to kill some off (very harsh and no one wants to see that) or move them away. You can't have 8 people living in one of those houses and they're at an age where they won't be asleep all day to all on sleepovers at the same time.

Reactions: 13
What’s going on with Audrey ? I’m just catching up .Is it just she’s about alcoholic or is this storyline going somewhere else ? Dementia storyline ?

Reactions: 1
What’s going on with Audrey ? I’m just catching up .Is it just she’s about alcoholic or is this storyline going somewhere else ? Dementia storyline ?
I think a dementia storyline is on the way. Sad.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
What’s going on with Audrey ?
She’s drinking a bit much lately. I thought a lot of it is her feeling old, denial about her bad eyesight, feeling like she isn’t trusted to be home alone, no driving, bothered about not working although still the owner of the barbers.

Reactions: 3
Corrie fans want Gemma and quads axed

Totally agree, it was a ludicrous storyline and has been handled in a totally unrealistic way.
In real life, a couple like Gemma and Chesney with quads and an older child would have been top priority for a larger house with the council.
A two bedroom tiny terrace for 8 people if you include Gemma’s mother is far too small!
Also the quads are far too quiet and invisible, toddler quads in real life would be chaos with constant fighting and crying and demanding attention.
This has been very poor from Corrie.

Reactions: 14
I can’t stand Shona. Either the character or the acting ability of the actress playing her. Her scenes make me cringe. She’ll be going off to have her baby soon, thank the lord!

Fiver says the person behind all Maria’s torment is that bin bloke from Friday

Why is Gemma signing every line she has to non-deaf people. Do people do that irl? Or is having a deaf son supposed to be her entire personality now?

Reactions: 7
Why is Gemma signing every line she has to non-deaf people. Do people do that irl? Or is having a deaf son supposed to be her entire personality now?
No idea. Maybe Corrie are trying to raise awareness or something but it feels contrived.

Reactions: 10
A deaf son that’s never seen!
Like the rest of her kids!
That are being potty trained all at the same time.

How are Corrie going to deal with this? They won't be able to hide them all in a big pram either as they're all toddlers now.

I can guarantee that if Corrie gets a new producer Gemma and the quads will be gone. I suppose Iain Macleod has to stick with it because it was his stupid idea.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.