Coronation Street #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I want to like Emma but they make her out to be such a moron. Like a female Kirk.

Reactions: 12
There’s so many jarring characters. They need characters to gel more with others to bring the street together.
This is a very good point. I think its down to the way they film that characters only ever appear and interact with the same group of characters. Even before filming restrictions due to the pandemic it was rare that you'd see other regulars in the background of the pub, shop, cafe, factory etc. It would be a particular group of characters plus unknown extras. In classic corrie you would always see the regulars in the background, even if they didn't have a speaking role

Sometimes the group of characters in a scene seem a bit randomly put together- like you wouldn't expect these characters to interact and some have no relevance to the story, (I'm thinking of that random scene that Kirk was in with Jenny, Daisy and Ryan last week!) but they are there to make up the numbers. It annoys me that you only ever see Eileen for example interacting with Todd, George or Mary. This makes it seem stagnant as storylines never progress or they go around in circles because there's limited material for these groups of characters. (Looking at Leanne and Nick in particular 🤣)

Reactions: 7
I think they should have kept Natasha, I quite liked her and she could have turned Audrey‘s salon into a nice trendy modern place.
Let’s face it though, she probably would have ended up having an affair with Nick.
Sam though 😭😭😭 he’s such a great little actor

Reactions: 20
There’s so many jarring characters. They need characters to gel more with others to bring the street together.

I think Covid has stopped a lot of that recently. There used to be lots of scenes in the pub especially where lots of the main characters would just be in the background milling about and say the odd line which was a lot more realistic and gave the whole street depth. The pub is nearly always empty these days.

Reactions: 6
Surely they can get back to normal and make it more realistic especially since they decided to ignore covid even when we were still in and out of lock down. Not sure if I'm looking forward to this environment storyline next week , I know its an important issue but just sounds boring

Reactions: 4
Surely they can get back to normal and make it more realistic especially since they decided to ignore covid even when we were still in and out of lock down. Not sure if I'm looking forward to this environment storyline next week , I know its an important issue but just sounds boring
I feel the same about the climate storyline though I am interested to see how it works across the soaps.

I'm wondering if they'll show a TV/News report on the telly in Emmerdale of David Platt being interviewed about the sink hole and storm or something.

Reactions: 3
Hate the character but the actor who plays Corey is really good. Gonna miss him. Awful actors/acting imo are Nina, Sean, Jack, Abi.

Reactions: 9
Everytime I see Abi all I can think of is Kelly from Shameless. They're virtually the same character.

Reactions: 10
Didn't realise how annoying the whole "johnny" "jenny" "johnny" "jenny" thing was until I watched gogglebox , it's like that old advert "bev?" "Kev?"

• Haha
The follow up to the hate attack has been bloody awful imo. Little Miss Marples getting back together after tracking down the clothes is really distasteful.

Also, if the bag was thrown into the canal, the clothes inside would have got wet, that would ruin any integrity of evidence obtained from it. It's null and void. (Of course it'll be the smoking gun that will send Corey away, coz Corrie)

The follow up to the hate attack has been bloody awful imo. Little Miss Marples getting back together after tracking down the clothes is really distasteful.

Also, if the bag was thrown into the canal, the clothes inside would have got wet, that would ruin any integrity of evidence obtained from it. It's null and void. (Of course it'll be the smoking gun that will send Corey away, coz Corrie)
They've ruined the whole storyline with this. It should have ended at the court case. Soaps do this. They take a good storyline then drag it out until you can't wait for it to be over.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Corrie producers zone in on one character and make the show about them. This producer’s favourite is clearly Abby. Previously it was Gemma. I can’t get behind Abby at all. She infuriates me (as does Gemma!)

Reactions: 2
Finally caught up with Corrie been watching MAFSA.The writers must really hate Jenny first that awful taser episode now almost drowning down a hole.I still hate Daisy.The Dr talking to Nick was just awful horrible acting.Nicks jacket pissed me off more than you could imagine.Bored of Adi and his angsty ways already.On Sam I really don’t think he’s a good character/actor at all.Can’t he just be written as a normal kid instead of a constant smart arse.Maybe a little less story lines for the child actors and focus on giving the main cast some gritty storylines eg affairs,rapes,secret abortions.

Reactions: 5
Hate the character but the actor who plays Corey is really good. Gonna miss him. Awful actors/acting imo are Nina, Sean, Jack, Abi.
Nina was especially awful in Friday’s episode. What was with that awful singing of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, especially when she was singing it as she was looking for the homeless guy near where her and Seb were attacked. I’m sure going back there would make her sing a nursery rhyme rather than bring back traumatic memories and make her subdued

Her reaction when the younger homeless guy in the cafe told her where she could find the older homeless guy was some of the worst acting I’ve seen from her

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.