Coronation Street #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Its an absolute pile of tit atm and I think I only keep watching incase it gets good again. Jacob is a little prick, he'd be leaving the flat involuntary. So bored of Peter and Carla, they have made her character so boring! Also, the ancient stereo in the Barlow house gives me rage!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I've been an avid viewer ever since I was young (in my 40s now) but just recently it's made me switch off. I have it on my Sky Q to automatically record when it's on.
Not had chance to watch the last 3 weeks so had a few episodes to catch up on. Today I've deleted them all. Really can't be arsed watching and judging by the stuff I've read, most people are doing the very same. It's lost it's spark sadly,with silly long-winded storylines.
I get more enjoyment watching the classic episodes on ITV3, which I started viewing when they first started showing them, starting with '84 or' 85 I think it was. I'll stick to those for now.

Reactions: 5
I think we can all at least agree he is a terrible actor and character! (I feel mean saying it, but it is what it is)

You'd think he would have had the puberty recast like most soap kids get.

Reactions: 4
I've been an avid viewer ever since I was young (in my 40s now) but just recently it's made me switch off. I have it on my Sky Q to automatically record when it's on.
Not had chance to watch the last 3 weeks so had a few episodes to catch up on. Today I've deleted them all. Really can't be arsed watching and judging by the stuff I've read, most people are doing the very same. It's lost it's spark sadly,with silly long-winded storylines.
I get more enjoyment watching the classic episodes on ITV3, which I started viewing when they first started showing them, starting with '84 or' 85 I think it was. I'll stick to those for now.
Throughly agree. Classic Corrie is the best. I think I watch current Corrie out of habit!

No that was another florist,back in the ‘90’s,called Maggie I think,mother to Mike’s son Mark....

Taken from Fandom:

Susan left home to work in London in 1981 and by 1985 she was residing in Newcastle. Late that year, she returned to Weatherfield and was charmed by the much older Mike Baldwin, marrying him in 1986. The marriage broke down after just a year when Susan defied Mike by aborting their child in order to concentrate on her career. Mike called Susan a murderer and threw her out.

Unbeknown to Mike, Susan hadn't gone through with the termination and in 1988, now back in Glasgow, she gave birth to Adam. In 2001, Mike found out about Adam and pestered Susan for access to his son. Susan left Glasgow to go into hiding, but while driving through Preston Susan's car was forced off the road by the getaway car from a petrol station robbery carried out by Gareth Brannigan and Billy Mayhew. Adam sustained only minor injuries but Susan was killed instantly.

Reactions: 1
Was only weeks ago Carla was stalking and begging Peter to have her back.

Reactions: 3
No that was another florist,back in the ‘90’s,called Maggie I think,mother to Mike’s son Mark....

Taken from Fandom:

Susan left home to work in London in 1981 and by 1985 she was residing in Newcastle. Late that year, she returned to Weatherfield and was charmed by the much older Mike Baldwin, marrying him in 1986. The marriage broke down after just a year when Susan defied Mike by aborting their child in order to concentrate on her career. Mike called Susan a murderer and threw her out.

Unbeknown to Mike, Susan hadn't gone through with the termination and in 1988, now back in Glasgow, she gave birth to Adam. In 2001, Mike found out about Adam and pestered Susan for access to his son. Susan left Glasgow to go into hiding, but while driving through Preston Susan's car was forced off the road by the getaway car from a petrol station robbery carried out by Gareth Brannigan and Billy Mayhew. Adam sustained only minor injuries but Susan was killed instantly.

Mike had another son,Mark,he had an affair with Mike’s wife Linda....

As I said in the previous thread, I think the writers have forgotten they are writing for Corrie, and think this is EastEnders!

Reactions: 4
I think we can all at least agree he is a terrible actor and character! (I feel mean saying it, but it is what it is)

You'd think he would have had the puberty recast like most soap kids get.
Maybe this storyline will end with him going to prison and he’ll come back in a few years with a new head.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Great humour in the older episodes. Golden years agency. Vera booking a guy and ending up with Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I don’t think they’ve actually said but considering Sebs birthday is said to be in 2001 I assume she’s around the same age so 19/20 🤢
Seb is vile 🤣 although I did laugh at his small wine joke last night. I never thought Tyrone would be a cheater, disappointed

Reactions: 3
Great humour in the older episodes. Golden years agency. Vera booking a guy and ending up with Jack.
Vince St. Clair
The thing I find most annoying at the moment, is the fact they are ignoring the pandemic. Yes I know that the episodes are filmed weeks in advance, and yes I do know they have rewritten and shot new scenes, but still. I realise Soaps are all about escapism, but they should at least reflect some of the events that are happenimg around us.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I just can't take Will Mellor seriously as Harvey. I keep expecting him to break in to the Biscuit Rap from Two Pints!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.