Coronation Street #14 A load of old cobblers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think this might be the next stage of his illness, the coughing & choking leaning towards it affecting his throat muscles. I assume it’s “artistic license” to allow him to still speak while acting, but PLS (primary lateral sclerosis) affects the feet & hands before speech etc. If you Google it, it’s basically his symptoms / diagnosis. There are 3/4 different variations of MND & the symptoms / affects of the illness come in different stages in each one,
My Nan had PBP & she lost the use of her voice & throat muscles really early on in her illness. It’s honestly the such a cruel disease & I’m going to stop watching soon as Paul deteriorates just because it’s a reminder I don’t need, but aware it might raise awareness or indeed help other people.
I google searched Fernando Ricksen & he had ALS type MND.
Rob Burrows the rugby player also has ALS - MND and no way can I relate his illness with this Corrie story. He has had it for 4 years so I suppose there is no way the story could have gone on that long and portray how it really is. Wish they would leave some of these stories alone.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I haven't posted here before, but I just wanted to add something re: Paul's storyline.

My dad was diagnosed with MND in August 2020, in November 2020 he was told he had 6 to 12 months to live as the MND had gone on to his chest. He used to cough terribly and had a ventilator, which near the end he had to use nearly all day. and he had a suction machine (completely forgot the name sorry) that he had to use to pull the phlegm off his chest.

He lived for 7 months after his 6 to 12 month diagnosis and 4 weeks before he passed was admitted to hospital with pneumonia - he never came out of hospital. He was seeing physios daily, sometimes every couple of hours, so they could help get the phlegm off his chest, and he was bed ridden. By the time he passed he was coughing a lot, could barely talk and was been fed by his peg tube. It was awful to see a once fit man go through this.

I haven't really been able to watch Corrie since Paul's storyline started, and the day Paul got his news was nearly 3 years to the day that my dad got his so it really hit home.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I haven't posted here before, but I just wanted to add something re: Paul's storyline.

My dad was diagnosed with MND in August 2020, in November 2020 he was told he had 6 to 12 months to live as the MND had gone on to his chest. He used to cough terribly and had a ventilator, which near the end he had to use nearly all day. and he had a suction machine (completely forgot the name sorry) that he had to use to pull the phlegm off his chest.

He lived for 7 months after his 6 to 12 month diagnosis and 4 weeks before he passed was admitted to hospital with pneumonia - he never came out of hospital. He was seeing physios daily, sometimes every couple of hours, so they could help get the phlegm off his chest, and he was bed ridden. By the time he passed he was coughing a lot, could barely talk and was been fed by his peg tube. It was awful to see a once fit man go through this.

I haven't really been able to watch Corrie since Paul's storyline started, and the day Paul got his news was nearly 3 years to the day that my dad got his so it really hit home.
Sorry I forgot to say, my dad's speech was also absolutely fine until he went in to hospital with pneumonia and was on a ventilator 24 hours a day.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Sorry I forgot to say, my dad's speech was also absolutely fine until he went in to hospital with pneumonia and was on a ventilator 24 hours a day.
I'm so sorry for your loss of your dad it's such a cruel way to lose someone my mums auntie had mnd got diagnosed in 2003 she had a few falls in the last 2 years of her life had a fall again last year and unfortunately we lost her last December she couldn't speak properly for 15 years and me and my mum and her sister was the only ones in family that knew what she was saying its just so cruel 😢

• Heart
Reactions: 5
New thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.