Coronation Street #14 A load of old cobblers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to @Ktb for the thread title suggestion.

A quick recap:

Eliza - annoying brat
Cassie - Abi 2.0 repetition
Stephen - Is his reign coming to an end soon?
Aadi - He should be with Amy

Link to the previous thread

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I want Aadi and Amy together. I think they'd be great.

I think I'm actually going to miss Stephen when he goes. He could have been a decent baddie without the murders. Selling Audrey's house, spiking Carla, stealing Sarah's DNA result ... all good low level baddie stuff.

Cassie can get lost. She brings nothing to the street. Just ruining Tyrone and Evelyn's relationship. I'm expecting Fizz to storm in unexpectedly during some massive incident/argument shouting 'what's going on here?' ... typical Corrie return.

Reactions: 9
I want Aadi and Amy together. I think they'd be great.

I think I'm actually going to miss Stephen when he goes. He could have been a decent baddie without the murders. Selling Audrey's house, spiking Carla, stealing Sarah's DNA result ... all good low level baddie stuff.

Cassie can get lost. She brings nothing to the street. Just ruining Tyrone and Evelyn's relationship. I'm expecting Fizz to storm in unexpectedly during some massive incident/argument shouting 'what's going on here?' ... typical Corrie return.
I wouldn’t call spiking Carla’s drink good low level baddy stuff. Someone who had previous mental health issues being given, without their knowledge, doses of LSD sending her mind out of control and making her loved ones fear for her well being. It could have sent her so mad she could have done some terrible harm to herself or to others. I thought it was a really horrible and heartless thing to do

Yes the other things outside of the murders were typical dodgy soap baddy stuff but spiking someone with previous mental health issues with LSD is not low level

Sorry I didn’t want to come across as lecturing but I think the storyliners went a touch too far with that one

Reactions: 4
I wouldn’t call spiking Carla’s drink good low level baddy stuff. Someone who had previous mental health issues being given, without their knowledge, doses of LSD sending her mind out of control and making her loved ones fear for her well being. It could have sent her so mad she could have done some terrible harm to herself or to others. I thought it was a really horrible and heartless thing to do

Yes the other things outside of the murders were typical dodgy soap baddy stuff but spiking someone with previous mental health issues with LSD is not low level

Sorry I didn’t want to come across as lecturing but I think the storyliners went a touch too far with that one
Low level was probably the wrong term and that was terrible but I think you get my gist. I've got used to him and his weird Canadian accent. He won me over when he pulled that face at Elaine 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Low level was probably the wrong term and that was terrible but I think you get my gist. I've got used to him and his weird Canadian accent. He won me over when he pulled that face at Elaine 🤪
Me too, I really like him now! Such a shame he’s going to end up leaving- makes me want to fling my wheelie bin across the garden!

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Same with Pat Phelan, he was brilliant but obviously he had to get caught. Disappointing 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Same with Pat Phelan, he was brilliant but obviously he had to get caught. Disappointing 🤣
It’s such a waste when you get a good character like Pat who was played by a really excellent actor and give him a storyline where he has to be written out eventually.

Reactions: 13
It’s such a waste when you get a good character like Pat who was played by a really excellent actor and give him a storyline where he has to be written out eventually.
I loved Pat. He was a brilliant bad guy. He could have gotten away with leaving Les Dennis dying of a heart attack and what he did to Anna Windass. People get away with that kind of stuff all the time. The audience knows what a scumbag he is but the characters don't. It adds to the jeopardy. Will he go one step further? etc etc ... Once they had him holding Andy captive for months on end there was no return.

Stephen has made me laugh a few times. Accidentally giving himself LSD. Throwing stones at Teddy's floating body in the canal. Obviously the wheelie bin throwing. I'll miss him. 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 13
My god, Stu is annoying isn’t he? Him & his whiny granddaughter. How do they manage to create so many unlikeable characters?!

• Sick
Reactions: 22
My god, Stu is annoying isn’t he? Him & his whiny granddaughter. How do they manage to create so many unlikeable characters?!
Not just that, also have so many long running storylines featuring the said unlikable characters?
When is there going to be an extended storyline featuring some of the more likeable characters because whenever they feature it’s usually in an here today gone tomorrow type of story!
Corrie need to sort their tit out.

Reactions: 11
It is bugging me just now that in last night's episode, Tyrone was making a big deal about Cassie "taking the kids to school". None of them seem to take them to school, they just walk them to the bus stop, which seems to be just a few meters away from the front door. What was the random bit about Tyrone's car being nicked as well?

Last edited:
I loved Pat. He was a brilliant bad guy. He could have gotten away with leaving Les Dennis dying of a heart attack and what he did to Anna Windass. People get away with that kind of stuff all the time. The audience knows what a scumbag he is but the characters don't. It adds to the jeopardy. Will he go one step further? etc etc ... Once they had him holding Andy captive for months on end there was no return.

Stephen has made me laugh a few times. Accidentally giving himself LSD. Throwing stones at Teddy's floating body in the canal. Obviously the wheelie bin throwing. I'll miss him. 🤣
Pat was really charismatic (despite being a serial killer! 🤣)
Edit: I’m glad they reined Gary in and didn’t make him into a repeat killer or he’d have been out too.

Reactions: 8
Pat was really charismatic (despite being a serial killer! 🤣)
Edit: I’m glad they reined Gary in and didn’t make him into a repeat killer or he’d have been out too.
Agree with this, I like Gary and I’m glad they reigned it back. Get rid of Sean.

Reactions: 12
They could have filled that bloody sink hole in David’s garden with all the dross !

• Haha
How realistic is Dom being able to keep Eliza for a few days if stu is her legal guardian, wouldn't social services have made her go back to stu?

It is bugging me just now that in last night's episode, Tyrone was making a big deal about Cassie "taking the kids to school". None of them seem to take them to school, they just walk them to the bus stop, which seems to be just a few meters away from the front door. What was the random bit about Tyrone's car being nicked as well?
I thought that about walking them to thr bus stop I wondered if something was going to go wrong. I forgot about the car being nice too , they didn't seem to make a big deal if it was me the whole street would know

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.