Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JSquared

VIP Member
I came off the pill after long term use as it ended in me have a cervical ectropian. Pill basically caused my cervix to wear away - common and nothing life threatenin - but caused bleeding after sex which is just inconvenient and not nice for my bf. Pill also turned me nutty each month and my poor bf didn’t know if he was coming or going!
Would definitely recommend alternative to the pill!

JSquared

VIP Member
I’ve been on the mini pill for over a year now and it’s worked so well, I still got periods but they were normal and then from March to August I had no period, then about two weeks ago I got a terrible period out of nowhere, it lasted about 5 days and then stopped and now I have a period again so not sure why? If I should change up my pill or look into getting the implant or something? Can people let me know their thoughts please?
Speak to your doctor

Hello Kitty

VIP Member
Does anybody get horrendous back ache on Rigevidon?

I had a baby 7 months ago but before that I never suffered with period pains or back pain. Now I suffer really badly the week before and the week I’m on. I’m also finding it really hard to lose weight now that I’m back on the pill.

I have had back pain lately but I just thought it was because I've recently returned to work after being indoors most of the day on furlough. I get an odd pain near my armpit when I'm on my 7 day break, but that could be because of pill free week?

TheScarletgirl

VIP Member
i was on yasmin for about a year.I wasn't having proper withdrawal bleeds and soreness .I am now on Rivedigon it seems to take me about 5 days to my withdrawal bleed but other than that i feel ok.

TheRealCarolDanvers

I was on Rigevidon for 2 years, having previously started on Microgynon where I had no side effects. Rigevidon made me really sick - I would often vomit it back up a few hours after taking it or feel sick until I ate something. It gave me horrible mood swings too. I’m back on Microgynon now after begging my doctor because I was so miserable, and I think the Rigevidon has had a longer-lasting effect as I still feel ill from time to time, though no where near as bad.

coconochanel

VIP Member
Hi, sorry to pull up old/dead thread!

I've been on microgynon for about a year but 2x I've had months long spotting and it's just such a pain I need to switch but I find it so frustrating that I could just be stuck trying pills over and over again and they might all cause the same side effects!
Have you spoken to a doctor about the spotting?

Lollypad

VIP Member
The two girls I know who had it said it only hurt a bit to get put in but they both had horrendous cramps and issues with it afterwards. The thought of a poky piece of plastic or metal being stuck in my uterus makes me feel a bit sick. I know everyone is different and has different pain tolerances though so probably just varies. It’s not something I’d personally ever bother with.
Yeah same, and I think some people might just have issues with it where others don't. My smear test was horribly painful (not being a wuss, I nearly passed out on the bus home) but most people have no issues.

laughing

VIP Member
Move to a coil if you can and it suits your needs.
Now lasts up to 20 years. And never have it removed when you get to menopause! You will just glide straight through it

Meh

Chatty Member
I’ve not been on the pill for years. I was on microgynon then Dianette to treat for excess hair (yey 🙄) I found Dianette horrid, really blergh. Ended up coming off and got laser hair removal instead ❤