Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ChampagneBox

VIP Member
I was on the implant for 9 years since I was 16 & decided to have a break from it in the hopes that my weight, libido & mood would change. Turns out without it if still fat & depressed with no sex drive :LOL:

Honestly though I think it's good to take a break for 6-12 months just to see what your body is like especially if you've been on it from such a young age. If you're not sexually active right now & don't feel like you will be for a while what harm can it do?

Since I feel no different I might go back to the implant although i'm tempted to go for the coil/IUD but i'm terrified of bad side effects!

You can get pill from the GP/pharmacist to stop your period if it starts whilst you're on holiday.
Oh no I was hoping I’d lose some weight coming off the implant 😭😂 just to clarify after my comment below I won’t be having sex off BC lol

I'm still having issues with finding a suitable contraception, been struggling with it on and off for 10 years. Reading these comments makes me so cross that the onus is almost always on women to put all this stuff in our bodies to prevent pregnancy 🙄
This probably sounds extreme but I’ve told my BF after I have two kids I’m getting my tubes tied and he has to get the snip, I’m not having any accidents later on lol I’m paranoid though

I took microgynon for about 6 months before I changed - I was constantly in a bad mood, irritable and could snap at the drop of a hat. After that I was on Cerazette for about 8 years (had a break of about 6 months in the middle) and that was fine. Then last year when I mentioned migraines to the GP they took me straight off Cerazette and onto the mini pill instead. No real side effects other than the dirtiest spots around my chin, which are annoying but at least they can be covered up!
Cerazette is a mini pill too

TruffleTrifle

I was on the implant for 9 years since I was 16 & decided to have a break from it in the hopes that my weight, libido & mood would change. Turns out without it if still fat & depressed with no sex drive :LOL:

Honestly though I think it's good to take a break for 6-12 months just to see what your body is like especially if you've been on it from such a young age. If you're not sexually active right now & don't feel like you will be for a while what harm can it do?

Since I feel no different I might go back to the implant although i'm tempted to go for the coil/IUD but i'm terrified of bad side effects!

You can get pill from the GP/pharmacist to stop your period if it starts whilst you're on holiday.
I’d love to just go off it for a year but I’m in a long term relationship and we don’t know if we want kids.. and if so not in the next 5 or so years. My partner is allergic to latex and so it adds all the more complications! I’ve found my side effects are much worse when I don’t take my “break” between pills if I want to skip a period so I just need to be more aware of that going forward.
I’m going to ask to switch back to microgynon when I go back to the doctors.

Bobbleowl90

VIP Member
I came off the pill after long term use as it ended in me have a cervical ectropian. Pill basically caused my cervix to wear away - common and nothing life threatenin - but caused bleeding after sex which is just inconvenient and not nice for my bf. Pill also turned me nutty each month and my poor bf didn’t know if he was coming or going!
Would definitely recommend alternative to the pill!
I had the bleeding bit also and was referred to gynae who said it was my cervix...no mention of the pill though but now I’m wondering if it is.

I had my baby 7 months ago and went back on the pill 5 months ago approx. I managed to lose my baby weight in those two months after giving birth but as soon as I started the pill again, I put a stone on and didn’t change my diet. Stopped the pill last week of my own accord and have already lost 3lbof that weight despite eating the same.

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
Is anyone else on Yasmin? How do you guys find it? 🙃
Was on it for about 6 months when I was young (think 18/19) - made me so nauseous I could barely eat anything! Had to come off it in the end cos I was losing weight (at the time I was skinny anyway, I mean.... I’d quite welcome this side effect now lol). No one else seems to get this side effect from it though.

Lollypad

VIP Member
They prescribe microgynon because it’s the cheapest, not because it’s what will suit you best. Never be afraid to ask to change. I used to take Cerazette and it was a battle because it cost them so much to prescribe. Kept trying to give me a different brand telling me it was the same. It really wasn’t. I ended up having to get a private prescription in the end as my GP wasn’t allowed to prescribe it due to cost.
I took microgynon for about 6 months before I changed - I was constantly in a bad mood, irritable and could snap at the drop of a hat. After that I was on Cerazette for about 8 years (had a break of about 6 months in the middle) and that was fine. Then last year when I mentioned migraines to the GP they took me straight off Cerazette and onto the mini pill instead. No real side effects other than the dirtiest spots around my chin, which are annoying but at least they can be covered up!

Minipizza

VIP Member
I’ve been on the mini pill for over a year now and it’s worked so well, I still got periods but they were normal and then from March to August I had no period, then about two weeks ago I got a terrible period out of nowhere, it lasted about 5 days and then stopped and now I have a period again so not sure why? If I should change up my pill or look into getting the implant or something? Can people let me know their thoughts please?

laughing

VIP Member
I have the mirena coil which is just for 5 years. The best thing I ever did. I've had no side effects

Same here. I had mine fitted 5 years ago due to horrible bleeding. Mine is due to be changed this year but the new ones now last 10 years ( as opposed to 5 five years) and I will not need HRT and wont suffer menopause symptoms

Kittylover2019

Chatty Member
Has anyone had any serious complication whilst taking Rigevidon?

My neice (16) went for an eye test a couple of weeks ago, she had been having migraines which were making her vomit and vision issues. The optician sent her for an urgent review at our local hospital as they could see her optic nerves were swollen.

The appointment came through this week and they discovered a build up of pressure in her brain. After a CT scan and a lumber puncture to drain fluid and release the pressure they have diagnosed IIH - Idiopathic intracranial hypertension. This is where fluid builds up around the brain it causes swelling of the optic nerve and can cause you to go blind as well as other serious issues ie death. It can be caused by the combined pill.

Fortunately they won't have to operate at this moment but she has been sent home now with medication and is awaiting an appointment with a Neurologist.

After reading up and googling (as you do) I am absolutely shocked to find similar stories or worse about this brand of pill and some are wanting it banned altogether.

She was prescribed it for heavy prolonged periods around 9 months ago.

Anyone had any similar experiences?

Strawberry-pot

Chatty Member
Really random but does anyone know how to bring on your period?
I’m a few days late and we are due to go to A holiday let ( with a pool) on Thursday. My periods don’t last long 3-4 days but I was hoping to be on and finished by Thursday as it’s one less thing to worry about 😭 I read to have vitamin C and pineapple but not sure if this is true or if it’s even possible but worth asking! I had a UTI yesterday (thankfully clearing up) so maybe that can make me late?

Bluerabbit123

Has anyone come off the combined contraceptive pill recently? I stopped in Jan and had withdrawal bleed but nothing since. Pregnancy test negative and been using condoms. GP isn't bothered but I looked online and says should be back after a couple of months. Does anyone have any advice?

No style rocky

If you’re over 45 the mirena is licensed to stay in for 10 years, if you’re under it’s 5 years only. Although current faculty of reproductive sexual health guidelines (during COVID)means the coil can stay in for 6 years.

Millymoo32

On yasmin after years of suffering with bad acne on my back and chest it took 5 months 2 clear up I nearly cried when I seen my clear back I've had no probs with it I find it amazing for my periods after goin through so many pills this was the one for me the rest used 2 give awful headaches just didmt agree with me but my time is nearly up on it as doc only recommended 5 yrs for me

JD-Morgan

I'm on Cerazette and have been for years. No issues.
I’m on that at the moment as they aren’t giving the depo injection due to covid.

I was on microgynon for years before asking to go on the depo (don’t want kids and haven’t had a period in 10 years) which is amaaazing.

I hate having to remember to take the pill everyday but my doctor said Cerazette is basically the same as the depo so it hasn’t messed me with me too much.

under the ivy

VIP Member
I’ve been on the pill for 11 years. Been taking Cilest for most of it and not had any issues luckily. I’m single after being in a long-term relationship and not looking for any relationships soon - just debating if I should come off the pill now. Has anyone experienced this?

cosmo girl

VIP Member
Same here. I had mine fitted 5 years ago due to horrible bleeding. Mine is due to be changed this year but the new ones now last 10 years ( as opposed to 5 five years) and I will not need HRT and wont suffer menopause symptoms
I would be worried about having one that lasts that long though. I am really happy with the Mirena for 5 years. Mine is due out next year. The coil really suits me. Can you still have the 5 year one? The worse contraception I had was the implant in the arm. I gained weight and had really bad mood swings. Also the dianette pill was very bad for me.