Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bobbleowl90

VIP Member
Does anybody get horrendous back ache on Rigevidon?

I had a baby 7 months ago but before that I never suffered with period pains or back pain. Now I suffer really badly the week before and the week I’m on. I’m also finding it really hard to lose weight now that I’m back on the pill.

KerChing

Chatty Member
On yasmin after years of suffering with bad acne on my back and chest it took 5 months 2 clear up I nearly cried when I seen my clear back I've had no probs with it I find it amazing for my periods after goin through so many pills this was the one for me the rest used 2 give awful headaches just didmt agree with me but my time is nearly up on it as doc only recommended 5 yrs for me
Why only 5 years? I’m looking for a new pill but I’m old (43).

Funsizes

Hi, sorry to pull up old/dead thread!

I've been on microgynon for about a year but 2x I've had months long spotting and it's just such a pain I need to switch but I find it so frustrating that I could just be stuck trying pills over and over again and they might all cause the same side effects!

JSquared

VIP Member
I had the bleeding bit also and was referred to gynae who said it was my cervix...no mention of the pill though but now I’m wondering if it is.

I had my baby 7 months ago and went back on the pill 5 months ago approx. I managed to lose my baby weight in those two months after giving birth but as soon as I started the pill again, I put a stone on and didn’t change my diet. Stopped the pill last week of my own accord and have already lost 3lbof that weight despite eating the same.
I had to go to hosp for a scan and internal swab/exam and was advised by doctor it was usually due to long term use of the pill. So I stopped the pill that same day. But luckily nothing life threatening and doesn’t turn in to anything more sinister 😊

Strawberry-pot

Chatty Member
I had the coil put in 2013.. had to have it removed as it was awful. They had to induce my cervix and use forceps to remove it as it was too far inlodged. Everyone gets on differently with contraception but it’s worth doing research Oxford uni showed a link between the coil and infertility in younger women.

i currently have the implant so can’t take a pill to bring it on. I had read pineapple can bring it on but guess it’s like pineapple bringing on labour which is a wives tale.
Is this a joke question?

No, of course not. Pineapple? What a load of rubbish.

Perhaps a pregnancy test?
🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃

TruffleTrifle

Hi all,

I’ve been on the pill for 12 years. Most of it I was on microgynon but 2 years ago I switched to Rigevidon. I’m curious to see what others think of it? Since being on it I find it very hard to lose weight, I’ve definitely had more “blue” episodes and I’m convinced it’s played havoc with my libido. I want to go see my doctor as soon as we’re able to. Always been so shy about it, whenever I’ve had my checkups I say “yeah I’m fine” and no one pushes it.

has anyone else had the same? If so, did you change to a different pill and which ones?

KerChing

Chatty Member
I tried to have a coil fitted once. The clamp on my cervix was the most intense pain. The woman doing it really struggled to get it on. There was a lot of blood. They gave up in the end. I actually thought I might faint. It was awful.

Titntat

VIP Member
Have you thought about the copper coil? Dont know your situation. I had about 5/6 different pills. Made me gain weight and I was absolutely foul! Sure going back on the pill after my first contributed to post natal depression.

After my second I went on the copper coil. My period stayed regular but they was HELL. I presumed it was the coil but periods can be bad after giving birth for a few months. I was on pain killers for a week soild everytime! I'm glad I waited it out because now, 10 months in it's the best contraception I've ever been on. With the bonus of no extra hormones. People say it hurts getting it fitted but honestly I didnt feel a thing, not a scratch or a pinch.

Hello Kitty

VIP Member
I feel unable to lose weight on Rigevidon and also agree with the low libido on it too.

Agree with this. Started on Microgynon (don't ask me why I changed) but I then changed to the implant which was HELL. After begging them to take it out, I went onto Loestrin 20 and eventually 30 which was fine, still gave me the odd moodswings but I am fine with that, but a good 8 months ago I was told they are no longer prescribing it so I was put on Rigevidon, seems ok so far. I have put on abit of weight but I think that's more due to lockdown!

I’m on cerelle and have been now for just over a year. At first it caused me so many problems, but the main one was the constant bleeding and lasted for at least 8 months! It’s all now died down but I definitely feel that the lockdown hasn’t helped with my mood, but I think it may be the pill effecting this too as it has done previously but just enchanced it all! I’ve also been getting pains around my ovaries, it feels like that pre period/ovulating pain but I’m beginning to become concerned that I may have something like PCOS or endometriosis as I suffered with really bad periods and pain, but since the pill has settled well I haven’t had a period in months and I’m terrified of swapping/coming off the pill and it going back to how it was 😩 the joys of being a woman huh?

Millymoo32

Why only 5 years? I’m looking for a new pill but I’m old (43).
She just said 5 years was recommended if I could stay on it forever I would 😁 I went on it after I had my son but I think the other half will be goin for snip were only 32 and 2 kids

hashbrown123

I had gederal for most of my adult life it was because of high blood pressure I was prescribed it. Recently I went onto rigevidon probably been on it for 9 months now. I prefer it over gederal to be honest and don’t get headaches and tiredness has improved, but also so has my diet which could have had an influence.

KerChing

Chatty Member
Agree with this. Started on Microgynon (don't ask me why I changed) but I then changed to the implant which was HELL. After begging them to take it out, I went onto Loestrin 20 and eventually 30 which was fine, still gave me the odd moodswings but I am fine with that, but a good 8 months ago I was told they are no longer prescribing it so I was put on Rigevidon, seems ok so far. I have put on abit of weight but I think that's more due to lockdown!
I was devastated by the Loestrin 30 news! I tried Rigevidon & one other pill but I had periods again (none on Loestrin) and they were even worse than when I’m not on the pill. I’ve given up on the pill again 😞

I was on microgynon since I was 16 until I was about 22 when I decided to try an implant for 2 years. Hated the implant as it made my boobs really sore and my periods were all over the place and had bad headaches but they wouldn’t take it out sooner ‘cos they are expensive’ 🙄 went back on microgynon and then one day it was just changed to rigevidon and was told it was the same just another branding. I’m almost 32 now and sticking with rigevidon even though I feel like it might have caused me to put on weight and struggle to lose any at all now.not sure if this is maybe age related too but I’ve always been very petite and although kept active and ate well my weight was never a concern but over the last 2/3 years it just keeps creeping up no matter what I do. I think it also gives me a low libido (and tmi sorry dryness) but I hate using condoms and not in a position where me and my partner want kids yet so feel stuck with it

Titntat

VIP Member
The two girls I know who had it said it only hurt a bit to get put in but they both had horrendous cramps and issues with it afterwards. The thought of a poky piece of plastic or metal being stuck in my uterus makes me feel a bit sick. I know everyone is different and has different pain tolerances though so probably just varies. It’s not something I’d personally ever bother with.
Yea my period were awful for about 3 months. Also having two kids (fitted shorty after second) ment my cervix was alot softer. On the mini pill I gained about 2 stone and turned into a physco 😬 Everyones different.

Strawberry-pot

Chatty Member
I was on the implant for 9 years since I was 16 & decided to have a break from it in the hopes that my weight, libido & mood would change. Turns out without it if still fat & depressed with no sex drive :LOL:

Honestly though I think it's good to take a break for 6-12 months just to see what your body is like especially if you've been on it from such a young age. If you're not sexually active right now & don't feel like you will be for a while what harm can it do?

Since I feel no different I might go back to the implant although i'm tempted to go for the coil/IUD but i'm terrified of bad side effects!

You can get pill from the GP/pharmacist to stop your period if it starts whilst you're on holiday.
Brilliant thank you,Do you know what is it called? X

Shivers

VIP Member
Really interesting reading all your experiences. I was on the mini pill Cerazette for about 10 years before coming off it to have my daughter. At one point during the years they did try to switch me to Cerelle as it’s cheaper and they said was exactly the same, it definitely wasn’t! Had all sorts of side effects with it.

I’ve been back on Cerazette for 8 months or so but it’s not the same since I had a baby. When I was on it before I never got periods but this time I’ve had spotting nearly constantly and had headaches, cramps etc. So I’ve just stopped taking it the past week actually, not sure whether to try something else or not!

AliceD369

I took Microcynon for about 4 years but started to have some spotting so switched to the depo injection... And subsequently gained about 4 stone in 2 years.

I hated the depo it made me gain so much weight and I had to have it done more regularly than normal as I was bleeding a lot on it. I eventually switched to Cerazette/Cerelle and it stopped my periods all together.

Then I lost a lot of weight and changed my lifestyle completly and started having random irregular periods so I went to see a gyno and they told me to take two pills a day. Since then it's all been good, but I don't trust it to last too long 😂

TruffleTrifle

Thank you both for your advice! I genuinely thought microgynon had been taken off the market as I didn’t ask to be changed I just got my prescription one year and there it was with the new one. I’m glad you both say it’s available and you were able to go back on it.
My current dr surgery is really good so hopefully they’ll have no issue with it.