Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

calmyourritas

VIP Member
There is an article in the DM this morning

Police searching for missing pair raise fears about their newborn baby

#

Reactions: 3

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Apart from some people thinking that the one photo in her photo album is from a contact centre, is there any reason to think the previous children had been taken away? Did her and her partner come to peoples attention because they left with the baby or was there a removal order or something else?
---
I don’t think they’ve ever been seen individually since this all started. For whatever reason, they’ve always been together.
Allegedly he’s controlling and it’s a coercive relationship.

mich81

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Rosie love, I understand mental health. I haven't even mentioned it. You've misread my post entirely. I am anything but small minded.

What I was getting at with regards her wealth was why she ended up in a tent in a field in winter? If she had so much cash at her disposal then surely she could've chose other means.

For example a camper van, a caravan, a hotel, a b and b, an air b and b etc.

Yes they wanted to go off grid but as I said, Money talks, nothing had to be booked in theor name.
They were living in a caravan on the allotment in Brighton

French toast

Does anyone with a medical background know about babies born with addiction?

I was wondering if they need medicine to keep them alive while they wean them off the drugs?

aggytha

VIP Member
I hope and pray that little baby was left with someone and is safe, but I can’t help but feel like we will never know what happened to them.

does anyone know how they managed to move around the country? I know the police said they had walked very long distances but I presume in those early days they may have used trains or had help from someone?

I can’t get my head around how they were not spotted at all after 8th Jan until they were both arrested, considering they seemingly must’ve stayed in or around Brighton?

If people say they were last spotted with the baby on 8th Jan (or at least with the stroller) in Newhaven, then there’s little chance the baby could be somewhere else in the country? Unless the stroller was empty and they intentionally continued using it to make the police think the baby was still with them.

E551BB3F-19DD-4FF4-97B3-40552ADCA109.jpeg

SonicTheSpikeyThing

Chatty Member
I’ve only caught up quickly on my break, but from a news report I’ve seen do they believe the baby has been left somewhere? Possibly a tent or in a field?! I really hope that is not the case.
Personally believe the baby passed a long time ago due to the conditions but I pray I’m wrong and they are somewhere safe.

• Sad
Reactions: 2

Cosytidy

For those asking what they have been arrested for……

I used to work alongside maternity services. For some Mums there would be a court order in place for the baby to be removed at delivery. This was when there was risk of harm to that baby for many different reasons - drug use, risk of neglect/harm or if previous children had been taken into care for similar reasons. Decisions like this were multi disciplinary and the courts/legal would also be involved.

The Mums would usually been closely monitored by SS and safeguarding teams throughout the pregnancy due to the risk of them disappearing.

The police will only be able to release scant information due to the duty of confidentiality that is owed to the previous children and the unborn baby. This is a terribly sad case.
So what would they be arrested for - contempt of court for breaching the civil court order?

Pipsy

VIP Member
I saw this speculation on Websleuths also. To me it doesn't look like the same person.
I saw it on Mumsnet, must be where they got it from. My initial impression was the same until I looked more closely at nose bridge, tip shape, eyebrows, asymmetric lip, flat cheekbones. Similar 'look' to the face, as in expression. Now I'm not sure.

Between voices in the head and bizarre behaviour, what do you think it sounds like? To me it sounds like mental illness in the family. Not particularly unusual for the inbred upper crust but it could be a reason to lose a child, particularly if medication is refused.
that Was my thoughts too

Usagisakura90

Chatty Member
“Dropped in without appointment”
I thought you had to be referred to a food bank by someone in authority?!!
In my local area, you can just go into a food bank especially if its a church and ask for help it is a lengthy process though and you have to share alot of details about your situation.

Good point actually. It would explain why the police were so desperate to find them and a reason why the baby appears to have passed. They DID require medical attention from birth.

I hope I’m wrong.
This is my thought too. But if he’s known to police for being sex offender they wouldn’t want a child in his care would they?

nefariousnellie

Chatty Member
If you go to Facebook and search her name there's a comment on the first article which adds a lot more context to what may be going on. Taken with a pinch of salt because it's Facebook after all!